PDA

View Full Version : Gillen Named Captain

Hatguy
10-03-2006, 11:51 AM
Gillen named Warriors captain
Corey Atkinson

RANDY PALMER/Times-Herald
Warriors veteran Steve Gillen, here in action against Ryan White and the Calgary Hitmen, has been named the team’s captain for 2006-07.

The list of captains of the Moose Jaw Warriors features a wide variance of different kinds of leaders.
There’s the outspoken, brash tough talk of Sean O’Connor, the loud, rah-rah lead-by-example confidence of Troy Brouwer, and the steadying influence and presence of Harlan Anderson.

With the captain’s ‘C’ sewn on for good this season, the 20-year-old Steven Gillen can add his name to the list of captains, but time will tell what kind of leader he will be.

“It’s definitely a great honour,” said Gillen. “I’m still getting adjusted to it, trying to do the best I can.”

The Warriors faithful would be happy to see Gillen duplicate the feats of Brouwer, who led the team to the WHL finals last season as an overage.

“Troy taught me a lot,” Gillen said. “Troy and I were really close and lots of his qualities I hope rubbed off on me.”

SeventhHeaven4U
10-03-2006, 01:20 PM
Congrats Gillen, it is well-deserved. We all know you'll do a fine job in leading the team on and off the ice despite the pressures of having to follow in Brouwer's footsteps. :thumb:

MooseJaw_Kyle
10-03-2006, 05:14 PM
:thumb: Crongats to Gillen. I think he deserved Captian.
Got some tough shoes to fill though.
Wish you Luck Gillen.

Hatguy
10-03-2006, 06:12 PM
I know Gillen will do a good job as the captain. But he's going to have to pick his numbers up. Also, I think we need another second line forward. Right now we're a one line team. I hope Lang picks up a twenty year old that can get some goals.