PDA

View Full Version : Trade

scamperdog
10-03-2006, 01:04 PM
BLAZERS ACQUIRE BUTLER

KAMLOOPS, BC – Today the Kamloops Blazers acquired 19-year-old goaltender Dustin Butler from the Portland Winterhawks in exchange for 17-year-old goaltender Kurt Kramer and a 5th round selection in the 2007 WHL Bantam Draft.

Butler, entering his 4th season in the WHL, had spent his entire junior career to date with the Winterhawks. Butler calls High River, AB home and stands 6’2” tall and weighs 169 pounds.

Butler is expected to arrive in Kamloops tomorrow.

KBF
10-03-2006, 01:54 PM
I wonder what this means?

scamperdog
10-03-2006, 02:06 PM
I wonder what this means?
I would speculate that the writing is on the wall for Maniago, Flette is the starter for tonights game, so you would think that there some major moves about to happen over the next week,
Good to see that Kramer is going to get his chance to play, to bad its not here, but that shows that you have to come into training camp on top of your game.
KBF you most of all have said the team can,t sit back and be happy with what they have, and have to show the fans they are serious about winning, so lets hope that this is the start of something positive, not to say the team is a whole has not played well this year but goaltending has been the big question mark so far.

KBF
10-03-2006, 02:12 PM
Definetly I agree, because other than the Giants this division is wide open. The Blazers will be ahead of the Bruins and Rockets. Butler has a solid record in Kamloops going 5 GP, 4-0-1-0, 1.54 GAA and 94.5% save percentage with 2 shutouts.

I wonder if Manny and someone else will be packaged up to get another scorer? I guess now we get to see Dean really have control of the team and be able to do his job.

Any rumors out there Scamper?

scamperdog
10-03-2006, 02:21 PM
Definetly I agree, because other than the Giants this division is wide open. The Blazers will be ahead of the Bruins and Rockets. Butler has a solid record in Kamloops going 5 GP, 4-0-1-0, 1.54 GAA and 94.5% save percentage with 2 shutouts.

I wonder if Manny and someone else will be packaged up to get another scorer? I guess now we get to see Dean really have control of the team and be able to do his job.

With still 26 players here, do you package a goalie, defenceman and forward up and go after that 19 year goal scoring forward Dean always seems to be wanting? Theres a few pieces of the puzzle missing and yes its early in the season but there is a whole lot more hope with this bunch of players then what we have seen in a long time.

KBF
10-03-2006, 02:24 PM
McCardle is who I'd go after. Or Setoguchi. Would probably take, Maniago, Stretch and maybe Bender for either one.

scamperdog
10-03-2006, 02:40 PM
McCardle is who I'd go after. Or Setoguchi. Would probably take, Maniago, Stretch and maybe Bender for either one.
McCardle is who I would like to see

Beaner
10-03-2006, 06:54 PM

Well, that may be enough to get one of those 2.

Shame to lose Stretch though, I really like that kid.

Would the Blazers do it, considering as things stand right now, they should make the playoffs this year?

Or do the Blazers need to do more than just make the playoffs, and get at least to the second round, to start making the fans somewhat happy?

scamperdog
10-04-2006, 06:59 PM
This deal is now in limbo, Butler is in Kamloops but is not allowed to practise with the team because Kramer is refusing to report to Portland, So maybe that explains the trade with the tips today for another goalie, as for Kramer to me it sounds like a player with a bad attitude, you send him were he should have a chance to play and he cries, I say good riddance

whatif
10-08-2006, 12:59 PM
This deal is now in limbo, Butler is in Kamloops but is not allowed to practise with the team because Kramer is refusing to report to Portland, So maybe that explains the trade with the tips today for another goalie, as for Kramer to me it sounds like a player with a bad attitude, you send him were he should have a chance to play and he cries, I say good riddance
For the record, for personal reasons, Kurt was in the process of quitting hockey when the trade deal came through. It was very bad timing on his part, but regardless , it could of been any WHL team he could of been traded too, he still would of not gone, because his decision to retire from hockey was already in place.

Glen
10-08-2006, 07:00 PM
it is a package deal for someone with better talent that would take a oackage to obtain.

The Blazers would be stupid to attempt to get McArdle because teams with a shot at winning something this year will be bidding for him and it could get stupid. The Blazers need to keep working hard and be competitve this year and only make deals that make sense for the future of the team as they are still relatively young.

The Blazers are light years ahead of Kelowna, Chilliwack and PG in terms of talent and potential in the near future, so making a trade that would take some of that talent to complete would be self defeating in the long and short term. IF the Blazers continue to play with the desire and work ethic they have shown so far, the fans will be happy.

Now that the Blazers appear to have turned the corner, there is no sense making a trade to put themselves back in the same hole!

KBF
10-08-2006, 09:04 PM
I totally agree. Cougar fans talkin waaay too much about a mediocre team. Games are won on the ice and not on paper.

I am too gaining some confidence right now with management in regards to development of players.

At first I was skeptical (Of course) about playing rookies on the PP, but now that I've had time to think about it, its good to get the youngsters in any facet of the game they can to gain that experience.