PDA

View Full Version : Brule and the Jackets

rinkrat
10-03-2006, 09:32 PM
vs the Canucks Friday at 4 PM and 7:30 PM on Sportsnet.
Just thought I'd flag that in case you missed it. Go Gilbert,clock Bourdon! :thumb:

Gilbert_Brule_Fan
10-03-2006, 11:10 PM
thank goodness for PVR's Lions more important! :bounce:

old_time_hockey
10-03-2006, 11:50 PM
vs the Canucks Friday at 4 PM and 7:30 PM on Sportsnet.
Just thought I'd flag that in case you missed it. Go Gilbert,clock Bourdon! :thumb:

Or light up Luongo :)

I would love to see him motor past Bourdon and then deke Luongo out of his jock. The moaning and *****ing that the Canuck fans would put up would be insane. People would call into Sportstalk saying we should have drafted him. And *** are we paying Luongo for.

A line of Sedins and Brule would be interesting. Even if someone had to move to a wing. Brule can finish. Wait for the Sedin cycle to finish and get the pass. Who knows if they would gel, but it is a better option than putting Nazzy on a line with them and putting all you offesive eggs in 1 basket.

But enough about Vancouvers losing hockey team :laugh:

Go Gilbert!!!!

Swando
10-04-2006, 12:02 AM
If Gilbert is in form he'll stand up Naslund the first shift and take a penalty. Then get a long ice pass coming out of the box and score on Luongo.. leaving all fans gasping........... my wish ...cus I'm a Giants fan and Brule gave us soooooo much last year. I am now a Blue Jackets fans as well.

Jimmy
10-04-2006, 12:50 AM
You know you are on a Giants board when you want Brule to light up the Canucks :o

Swando
10-04-2006, 02:14 AM
You know you are on a Giants board when you want Brule to light up the Canucks :o

Amen to that

Kassian
10-04-2006, 11:09 AM
I might decide to check it out just because of Brule. Although I can't guarantee that I'll stay awake for the entire game. :dead:

rinkrat
10-04-2006, 05:35 PM
Apparantly Gilbert has been dropped to the fourth line due to a poor pre season. :confused:

BLUE JACKETS NOTEBOOK
‘Average’ camp drops Brule to fourth line
Wednesday, October 04, 2006
Aaron Portzline
THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

Blue Jackets rookie Gilbert Brule, expected at the start of training camp to center the No. 2 forward line, has instead been dropped to the fourth line for Friday’s season opener against the Vancouver Canucks.

Brule, 19, acknowledged that he didn’t have a great training camp.

"Average," he said. "I could have done better.

"I haven’t been able to find the net. They gave me a chance to play with some of the big guys, and for whatever reason it didn’t click. So they moved me down to get my confidence back."

Brule, the Jackets’ No. 1 draft pick in 2005, played in five exhibition games, mostly between wingers Fredrik Modin and Anson Carter, but had no goals, no assists, 10 shots on goal and 10 penalty minutes.

Coach Gerard Gallant said he spoke with Brule over the weekend.

"I just said to him, ‘Gilbert, it doesn’t mean we’re not happy with you, it just means that some of the other guys have played better,’ " Gallant said. "I told him at the start of camp that we wanted him to focus on his defensive zone coverage, and he’s done a real good job of that, he really has. It’s just that the rest of his game hasn’t quite been there."

dondo
10-04-2006, 05:41 PM
not a terribly smart move -- imo -- fourth line is an insult and we might yet see brule in canucks uni --- let's deal Morrison and something for him if they are going to play him in that capacity.

Waste of a position/player if you ask me.. but w/e we all know Gilbert will play his way out of that doghouse.

rinkrat
10-04-2006, 05:44 PM
screw the Canucks,we'll take him back! haha :D

dondo
10-04-2006, 05:47 PM
^ ....>>>> :p

Knuckles Muldoon
10-04-2006, 06:59 PM
not a terribly smart move -- imo -- fourth line is an insult and we might yet see brule in canucks uni --- let's deal Morrison and something for him if they are going to play him in that capacity.

Waste of a position/player if you ask me.. but w/e we all know Gilbert will play his way out of that doghouse.
I'd move Heaven and Earth to get GB in a Canucks uni. Not because they deserve him, but because we'd get to see him do his thing a lot on TV.

dondo
10-05-2006, 12:46 AM
I'd move Heaven and Earth to get GB in a Canucks uni. Not because they deserve him, but because we'd get to see him do his thing a lot on TV.

exactly -- I also love that local boy playing for the team he grew up watching and rooting for -- i suppose I'm just an old softy.