PDA

View Full Version : Avatars

Billy Blade
01-14-2005, 11:51 AM
If anybody is having difficulty getting an avatar into their user profile, go ahead and send me an email to webmaster@whlfans.ca and attach the image you would like to use. Remember that it will be cut down to 80 x 80 pixels. I will inject it into your profile for you.

-Jeff

Billy Blade
01-15-2005, 11:16 AM
Okay, I have fixed it now so that all registered users can add their own custom avatars. Sorry for the inconvenience! I also upped the size limit from 80 x 80 pixels to 100 x 100 pixels, maximum 30Kb.

-Jeff

90-91
01-15-2005, 11:29 AM
Okay, I have fixed it now so that all registered users can add their own custom avatars. Sorry for the inconvenience! I also upped the size limit from 80 x 80 pixels to 100 x 100 pixels, maximum 30Kb.

-Jeff
I hate to look stupid......but how exactly do you add an Avatar? I'm afraid you'll have to start all the way at the begining, picking your picture.

Billy Blade
01-15-2005, 11:42 AM
Select the User CP link from the navigation & quick link header as pictured here:

http://www.yeff.ca/header.jpg

In there on the left side of the screen is a navigation menu. Under Settings & Options, select Edit Avatar. From there, you can then choose to add a custom avatar located somewhere on the web or from your hard drive. I am going to work on creating a gallery of ready-to-use avatars that users will be able to easily select from as well.

All on my ever-expanding to-do list. :)

90-91
01-15-2005, 12:53 PM
Cool.......that worked great.

Thanks

kelownakarl
01-15-2005, 01:30 PM
How do I re-soze the picture so it fits?

Billy Blade
01-15-2005, 02:01 PM
You can use pretty much any image editing program to re-size a pic. It can be done in Paint although it's pretty cumbersome and not the greatest tool. If you have Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro, etc. it's pretty easy to do. You can also just email the pic to me if you don't have the software or knowledge to do it and I'll be glad to put it into your profile for you.