PDA

View Full Version : Biggest disappointment thus far ?

grainbear
10-04-2006, 05:48 AM
Looking to see if we can get a new thread going for each team. For the Canes I would have to say thus far it has to be the import Vantuch. I certainly expected more production from him and it appears as if he is not prepared to pay the price in front of the net. He certainly could learn from Hogg a smaller player then him by far but he goes to the net every time and is being rewarded for his effort . Let us hear from the remaining teams

nivek_wahs
10-04-2006, 05:55 AM
To be honest I really can't pinpoint one real "disappointment" as in a player as the Pats have just played 4 games. So I can't really say one in particular (yet).

The biggest disappointment overall for the Pats has to be the teams' power play. Kinda been a sore spot for the team this year (as with a lot of other clubs). Hopefully they work on things and get it improved.

HAF
10-04-2006, 06:07 PM
I cant really pinpoint any big dissapointments yet. I'm actually pretty excited about the team Bob has built for us this year. We're getting the Stanley Cup for one night in November so I guess we can't knock the promotions......HHHMMMMM......... I guess my only real gripe is the Toyota Center has gone to a cheaper low quality hot dog this year and is still charging the same $3 for it.

I know, thats pretty weak. All the years we have had in the past where complaints could run rampant have made me appreciate the team we have this year.

Beaner
10-04-2006, 06:44 PM
No complaints, what can you complain about when you are 5-0, 12-0 if you count pre-season....

GBG BLEED BLUE
10-04-2006, 06:57 PM
I think that the Blades Speical teams needs to improve,but with such a young team,and in a rebuilding year it will get better.

I am not really mad about the recent trades(Setoguchi,Schulz) I knew it would happen,but I did not expect it too happen this early(but as someone said,it is probably better now because then it won't cause a distraction.)

THe Blades are in a rebulding year so I hope that they can stay out of the basement of the East Divison.

Bran
10-05-2006, 12:12 AM
No complaints, what can you complain about when you are 5-0, 12-0 if you count pre-season....
Rub it in, why dontcha?

I'd have to say the Pats powerplay. Definately room for improvement there.

Tidball
10-05-2006, 12:26 AM
The TRADES. As it looks now we traded Setoguchi for 2 players that may never step foot on a WHL rink. Elliott is apperently seeking the college route. And the 20th(which is what itll end up being) overall pick could be a flop. The upcomming bantam draft does not look good. Im sorry Lorne, but this could very well go down as the worst WHL trade in history(best for the Cougars) Every Cougar fan i talked to is LOVING the trade. I woulda preferred trading for a 16 or 17 year old high quality defender WHO WANTS TO PLAY IN THE WHL!!!! Whats the point of having the rights to Elliot, is Lorne gonna go brag to some friends.

Another dissapointment i think has been Justin McCrea. I thought this would be a breakout year for him.

However there have been some brights this season.

1, a 2-2 start is more then i was hoping for.
2, Holtby is just amazing.
3, Gillies skill is unmatched by anyone on the team, he should get most improved player for the Blades.
4. Rastislav Konecney - Very talented euro who gelled with the team instantly.
5. The Konecney, MacAuley, and Gillies line. They gelled VERY well and work awesome as a unit. I have yet to see any of these guys not giving it 100%
6. Bohdan Visnak - Small D-man but his puck handling Skills are UNREAL. He's a quick guy and hard to hit. (Credit to Helm for getting a good one on him.) Very accurate shot from the point (resulting in a goal vs one of the top tenders in Keetley)
7. MacAngus?? Never noticed him before but 4 points in 4 games is not too shabby.
8. Garret Klotz:D Glad to have this guy here, huge and a decent fighter. Had an Awesome tilt with Bendfeld recently with the edge going to Klotz.
9. Tiegan Zahn, reminds me of mike Green. Excellent defender for a 16 year old. He should have a letter next season.
10. Troy Crowley - gives 110% every game. his superb speed and puck handling skills will result in some points for this rookie. Give him time.

dondo
10-05-2006, 12:52 AM
And the 20th(which is what itll end up being) overall pick could be a flop. The upcomming bantam draft does not look good. Im sorry Lorne, but this could very well go down as the worst WHL trade in history(best for the Cougars) Every Cougar fan i talked to is LOVING the trade. I woulda preferred trading for a 16 or 17 year old high quality defender WHO WANTS TO PLAY IN THE WHL!!!! Whats the point of having the rights to Elliot, is Lorne gonna go brag to some friends.

from what I've read its a 2008 first round pick, not 2007 -- but your point is taken. Yeah its a shame that Elliot might not be available for you guys , but what I also read is that I think the Blades have worked something out and might convince him not to go the college route just yet.

Tidball
10-05-2006, 02:04 PM
from what I've read its a 2008 first round pick, not 2007 -- but your point is taken. Yeah its a shame that Elliot might not be available for you guys , but what I also read is that I think the Blades have worked something out and might convince him not to go the college route just yet.

Thanks for the point, it is 2008 which may be a real good pic. Good news is that the paper stated today that Elliot wants to play in Saskatoon

ihlemic10
10-05-2006, 03:21 PM
Cotton Eye Joe is still played at the Events Center.

dondo
10-05-2006, 08:43 PM
Cotton Eye Joe is still played at the Events Center.
lol

not into hoedowns are you ihlemic? :laugh:

PGFlyfisher
10-06-2006, 07:22 AM
Biggest disappointment in my opinion up here in Cougarville would be the injury bug once again! It would be nice to see a full healthy line up.

Silver lining? More ice time for some of the younger players.

KBF
10-06-2006, 04:29 PM
I think its Karma, for all the Cougar fans who have been talking trash about how great their team is gonna be this year.

CatFan
10-06-2006, 04:56 PM
Only 1 home game so far in 6 games played, and we don't see another game until next weekend. It doesn't even seem like the season has started!!