PDA

View Full Version : 2-1 SO win over Everett.

Jimmypop316
10-07-2006, 01:30 AM
The Spokane Chiefs handed the Everett Silvertips their first loss of the season, as the Chiefs rallied for a 2-1 shootout win in Everett Friday night. Spokane is now 2-1-1 this season.
Neither team would score in the first period as the two combined for just 10 shots in the period. Spokane was a perfect 4-4 on the penalty kill for the period.
The two teams would get off 15 shots in the second period but goaltenders Dustin Tokarski of Spokane and Everett’s Leland Irving turned away every opportunity to keep the game scoreless through two periods.
Everett’s Peter Mueller would break the ice with a power play goal at 3:59 of the third period for the first goal of the game. The Chiefs Dan Mercer would tie the game at 15:13 of the period with a redirect goal. Neither team scored in overtime. The Chiefs would win the shootout 2-1 as Derek Ryan and Michael Grabner scored for Spokane. Dustin Tokarski had 2 saves in the shootout and 19 for the game to pick up his first WHL win.
The Chiefs will open their home season Saturday night when they host the Tri City Americans at 7pm.

==

:) Attababy Tokarski and team. Way to play defensive hockey against the team that knows how to do it. I only caught about 5 minutes during my break but it sounded like a very defensively-minded game.

I hope Tokarski earns more starts with his play, and I will be wearing my Tokarski Saves (I actually spelled it right on my shirt ;) surprisingly) shirt tomorrow.

Now lets take the momentum into the home-opener and take back the OT loss from TC last Saturday!!

What a great two days.. my pens win and now the Chiefs knock off Everett, which is always a well earned victory.