PDA

View Full Version : Brule

brulehockey09
10-07-2006, 09:50 PM
Gilbert Brule with less than 3 minutes of ice time tonight, is that really healthy for his development? Is there a slight possibility he could be sent down for another year?

old_time_hockey
10-07-2006, 10:20 PM
I don't think that they woud send him down to the Dub. If he gets sent anywhere it will be the AHL.

But at the same time I think that they aren't upset with him. I think that if the current lines don't click they might jump Brule up a few lines for a new look.

KBF
10-07-2006, 10:21 PM
He can't be sent to the AHL. He's only 19.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-07-2006, 10:36 PM
He will most likely stick with the NHL, maybe he got injured and thats why his minutes were so low. Chances of him coming back are extremely low, but if he heads back to the WHL, they might as well hand the memorial cup to you guys.

The giants are basically the top team in the league right now, if they had argueably the top player in the CHL last year added, then OH MY GOD!

At least the pats only play the giants once or twice this year.

old_time_hockey
10-07-2006, 10:45 PM
He can't be sent to the AHL. He's only 19.

Oh yeah...I keep forgetting that he is only 19.

I don't think that he will benefit anything by going back to junior. He owned everyone last year. He needs to be challenged by the next level to progress. Even if it is with lesser icetime.

Big Daddy
10-07-2006, 10:51 PM
I watched the game yesterday and he started on the 4th line, moved up to the first line, then was moved from line to line. He did see pp and pk time and got lots of talk from the commentators and they even showed some Giants highlites from last year. His coach said in an interview that he is in no hurry to rush him.

Knuckles Muldoon
10-07-2006, 11:18 PM
GB is an NHLer now. Maybe he's not playing particularly well right now, but 3 minutes of ice time isn't going to help the cause.

Gilbert_Brule_Fan
10-07-2006, 11:57 PM
If, in the next two games he has less than 5 minutes of ice time bet on the fact he'll be in the dub within a month.

Beaner
10-08-2006, 12:02 AM
Brule is 19 and paying his dues.

I think the only way we see Brule back here is when the Blue Jackets are playing the Canucks, and when he comes home to visit family.

Getting sent back to the WHL will do nothing for his development at all. He has nothing left to prove at this level.

Swando
10-08-2006, 12:07 AM
Brule was a man amongst boys last year when he returned. Men play pro hockey and in his case the NHL. He will not be back here as a Giant.

Jimmy
10-08-2006, 12:26 AM
I was reading an article in one of the local papers recently and it mentioned that Brule showed up 15-20 pounds overweight... could that be affecting him?

How does he look so far?

dondo
10-08-2006, 12:26 AM
he still hasn't played his ten games in the NHL to be ineligible *crosses fingers* to be sent down to the Giants. but I still think its highly doubtful we'll see him, but three minutes? he'd be better off in the dub - that kind of ice-time will crush him and stunt his development -- he shoud be playing centre on the second line. Hell they are playign Platt a 21 yr old on the top line a 19 yr old on the second line wouldn't be so bad.

Give him back Doug we aren't finished with him yet :bounce: -- you son of a beeeeep :D .

Swando
10-08-2006, 12:40 AM
I was reading an article in one of the local papers recently and it mentioned that Brule showed up 15-20 pounds overweight... could that be affecting him?

How does he look so far?

I can't believe GB would show up that much heavier...It would ruin his game. If in fact he did I'm sure it was at the request of the Jackets. IF GB was ever sent back to the Giants I really think it would take some time for him to accept such a demotion and his fitting in would take time. As great as he fit in last year, HE knows he belongs in the NHL now. .......why am I even writing this ..he won't be back.lol

GF71
10-08-2006, 12:44 AM
Ahhh you guys. 100% NO CHANCE of him coming back to the Giants this year.

Swando
10-08-2006, 02:31 AM
I think it would be just short of Crosby going back ... Brule will have a break out year just you watch.

dondo
10-08-2006, 02:59 PM
^ not if he's playing 3 minutes a game he won't

- oh come on GF there's always a very very slim chance and the fact that he's not 20 makes it a bit more likely - even if very unlikely the probability is still there so don't be so quick to throw out that 100% there big fella -- more like 99.3% :thumb: :D .

Odd that he'd turn up that over-weight, was he out of shape as well (ala Tkachuk?), or did he just bulk up for the league? Cause with those extra pounds he won't be nearly as mobile as he usually is and will have to get used to working that extra size before becoming a real threat again.

Hunt24
10-08-2006, 03:48 PM
I think we can make it 100% now. The Jackets today sent Platt down to the their AHL affiliate to make room for Zherdev.
http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=180225&hubname=

Platt outplayed Brule in camp and was their leading preseason in scoring. The fact they sent this kid down means more ice time for Brule (Platt being a center).