PDA

View Full Version : Blades VS Pats (3-2 Pats)

Tidball
10-07-2006, 10:05 PM
Blades looked dead for most of the first which is suprising for the team. MacAngus was the hardest working for the 1st. The Refs made some REALY wierd calls and then didnt call some obvious ones(for both ways) Then when the Blades finally get a 5 on 3 the scorekeepers decide they dont know how to put up a penalty anymore, this give about a five minute rest for the Pats penalty killers. 3-0 Pats then about 5 minutes left in the 3rd Blades get on the board with a beautiful effort from Ryan Menei. Lorne pulls Holtby with 2:15(ish) left on the boards and MacAngus finds himself on the doorstep of a wide open net and puts in the eays goal to make it exciting. Im glad MacAngus got this one for his hard work throughout the game. But it wasnt meant to be and the Pats take it 3-2.

A scrap between Cloud and Brownlee ended in a draw with a bunch of punches thrown from both sides but maybe 1 landing.

Thoughts anyone?

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-07-2006, 10:31 PM
Good recap, short but accurate.

Except that from what I heard, Cloud got his ass kicked by brownlee :groovy:

Tidball
10-08-2006, 03:57 PM
Except that from what I heard, Cloud got his ass kicked by brownlee :groovy:

I got center ice seats (tv side) about 8 rows up. I had the best seat in the house for this one. Only 1 punch from each side actually connected, Brownlee did throw lots and from another angle it may have looked different. 1 point in the fight it looked like Brownlee hit Cloud with a punch that knocked him down, but actually Cloud ducked it and lost his balance(which is why he got up instantly) These 2 will go again though. IMO Brownlee is a better fighter.

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
10-09-2006, 01:22 PM
man i was at that game on saterday and it was a wreck, stupid penelties here and there, i couldnt belive my eyes, i enjoyed the fight with Cloud, even though in my opinion he lost it, i enjoyed it because i came to the game laste and the lady sat me right with the Pats fans on the second row in section Q, anybody else sit by there, does anybody remember a guy thorwing things?

wango tango
10-09-2006, 09:44 PM
man i was at that game on saterday and it was a wreck, stupid penelties here and there, i couldnt belive my eyes, i enjoyed the fight with Cloud, even though in my opinion he lost it, i enjoyed it because i came to the game laste and the lady sat me right with the Pats fans on the second row in section Q, anybody else sit by there, does anybody remember a guy thorwing things?

the pats skated and the blades couldn't keep up. a lot of fans were po'd with the parade to the penalty box and thought the refs had a hand in the pats winning the game. truth is the blades didn't play good enough, didn't score when they had a chance, didn't skate with the pats, and needed to play better on special teams. if they played as desperate and determined for the whole game, like the last two minutes of the last two games, they might have another win or two.

they're young and with it comes a lot of growing pains for the first half of the year. if they can stay close to the pack for the first half, play their best hockey in the second, and get on a roll... anything can happen. the effort is there, the group isn't quitting and that's important.

Tidball
10-10-2006, 06:23 PM
The Blades missed on 2 point blank break aways. The chances were there. We will have our hands full with Ben Maxwell and the Kootenay Ice. I think we're gonna lose this one. But ill be there cheering
:thumb:

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
10-11-2006, 08:35 PM
i dont remember those breakaways haha, i remember Menei's, oh cool the Blades just scored MacAngus jsut scored Blades now lead 3-1 yayyyy haha, but anyways that was foresure a game to forget for the Blades.