PDA

View Full Version : Brent Regner

Swando
10-08-2006, 12:47 AM
Can anyone clear up a question (s) about Brent Regner? He is playing awesome this year and I sort of follwed his progress last year. I thot that he could only play 5 games last year ala Wright, Bouma but I see he is a year older. How did we get him? By draft or protected list? Why did he not get used more last year?
He's going to be a beauty. Loved seeing Blum and him on the PP and pk a couple of times...Can anyone say Albers/Franson??

Beaner
10-08-2006, 10:46 AM
If I recall correctly, Regner was undrafted, so we would have just signed him to our 50ppl.

And I agree, Regner is looking great out there. Really starting to fit in well, and starting to play better and better each game.

Blum and Regner paired together is starting to look very good, but Blum, for now, is in a whole other league compared to Regner.

N.W. Bruin
10-08-2006, 11:19 AM
Can anyone clear up a question (s) about Brent Regner? He is playing awesome this year and I sort of follwed his progress last year. I thot that he could only play 5 games last year ala Wright, Bouma but I see he is a year older. How did we get him? By draft or protected list? Why did he not get used more last year?
He's going to be a beauty. Loved seeing Blum and him on the PP and pk a couple of times...Can anyone say Albers/Franson??

What with the defence (Fistric and Albers included) they had last year. I look at Regner and think of him more in line with Franson. Cody got three games in as a callup as a fifteen year old and only one game in as a sixteen though he was the last release among the defencemen at training camp). As a seventeen year old he came in and played regularly and took on more important situations when Fisty went down with his jaw injuries. As a eighteen year old he had his breakout season. Regner I believe the Giants are hoping for the same progress path.

dondo
10-08-2006, 02:43 PM
well he's making smart plays and using his body wel, plus has better positioning than a 17yr old should have. he gets better each game and as said above he seems to look best with Blummy.

Knuckles Muldoon
10-08-2006, 04:47 PM
I agree. Regs is looking pretty good out there. His puckhandling is looking more assured each time out. Throwing the odd hit now, too.

GF71
10-08-2006, 11:10 PM
He wasn't the midget player of the year last year for nothing. He has been pretty impressive thus far. His steady play has pretty much cemented Scharff's situation here, i think?

Section_Z
10-09-2006, 10:58 AM
He wasn't the midget player of the year last year for nothing. He has been pretty impressive thus far. His steady play has pretty much cemented Scharff's situation here, i think?
I was thinking the same thing at the game the other night...