PDA

View Full Version : Best WHL Refs

Swando
10-08-2006, 02:37 AM
As I took part in the WORST REF posts I thot it only fair to include those that you thot might be consistent good refs . BY saying consisitently good means the same as consistently "bad" such as Savage. Not a one game opinion
I have no idea how to convey to the WHL what we as fans concider good refs --unless they read our posts..Hopefully they read the worst refs posts as well.

Swando
10-08-2006, 02:44 AM
you should start this in the WHL discussion forum swando

Matsuoka
Herman
Thiessen

off the top of my head

and the two Smiths calling the game last week weren't bad either (in fact that was a really well offciciated game) esp as a duo -- but I've heard other posters complain about Colby Smith -- so m'eh

Dondo

PGFlyfisher
10-08-2006, 08:56 AM
I believe Matsuoka is a decent and fair ref. Usually fairly consistent with his calls.

Tidball
10-08-2006, 04:14 PM
Matsouka and Byblow come to mind

dondo
10-13-2006, 11:22 AM
lol

I love that the worst ref thread is filled to the brim but when we are forced to think of good refs we can't bring them to mind -- come-one people there must be WHL refs who when you see their jersey you breathe at least a little sigh of relief

http://whl.ca/about/?id=735 (here's a reminder in the form of an "official list of officials")

mine were copied above by swando

I find Poole and Nissen to be mostly harmless as well

ihlemic10
10-13-2006, 12:00 PM
Matuoka and Battimo strike me as consistantly good. They do when appropriate have the 'Let them Play' attitude and generally do not call the ticky-tacky things. Other officials have there good and bad games such as Poole. The Theissen/Nissen gruesome twosome is always bad however.

Wildeyes
10-13-2006, 04:59 PM
Hey guys all the refs are the best refs reason just that they put that jersey on that is enough for me getting paid next to nothing for having players coaches tv or radio ppl yell at them

ANOTHER BIG REASON FOR LISTENING TO ALL THOS KNOW IT ALL REFS IN THE STANDS WHO THINK THEY KNOW EVERY THING WHICH REALLY DONT KNOW JACK SQWAT

LOL TAKE THAT LOL

old_time_hockey
10-13-2006, 05:02 PM
When Thiessen is reffing I am happy

WHEATMAN
10-13-2006, 05:18 PM
Matsuoka and Theissen have always been good when in Brandon. They are the most consistent and non partisan in my books

RunTheGoalie
10-13-2006, 09:52 PM
Guys that I have noticed for being good referees: Matsouka and Thiessen.

Everyone else save Savage, Herman and Rehman does a good enough job that I dont really notice them. And that is a sign an official is generally doing a good job.