PDA

View Full Version : Memories

Scout
10-08-2006, 10:01 AM
Wow, i remember when Billy Blade first posted on the white board about a new forum which would be known as whlfans.ca just over a year ago. He had asked for anyone who would help him Mod each forum. I was a regular poster on the white board and had asked Billy what was all involved. When it was explained i signed up and became Mod of the Bronco Forum. We didn't know what to expect or if the new sight would fly of fizzle as many do. Many of the other boards were saying it won't last long and the only people posting on here were Mods. They said just sign up and you became one.

Now as i look over some of the hits it boggles my mind how it grew. Over one thousand members now and over 1.6 million hits. We have grown to over 8,000 threads and over 50,000 posts. We used to get excited when we had 50 visitors to whlfans.ca. What a year it has been.

I think we have proven everyone wrong when they said " the only people on this site are Mods". I look over the membership and see alot of knowledgeable posters who had posted for years on other boards but have now become regular posters on here. Alot of teams read our site and alot of players post. Some under ficticious names and others using their real name. We have appeared in newspapers as whlfans.ca saying that this appeared on our site. Another thing i have never seen is other forums in the media.

We have kept this site hockey related and have had very little trolling or personal attacks. If there has been the Mods of each forum have been quick to react. We have grown at an unreal rate, a dream that neither myself or Billy Blade ever dreamed of in the beginning and it is still growing. We are known around the Dub as one of the better sites for hockey talk. Sure we have had growing pains and undecisive decisions including myself concerning this site but in the end we have agreed on what was best for all involved.
To all Mods, members and posters, congratulations on a great year for whlfans.ca. I think a special thanks should go to both admins. in HAF and Billy Blade who have given countless hours to this site to keep it up and running. It is a big time commitment by all. Lets keep this site growing and still make it fun.

The Old Guy

Scout

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
10-09-2006, 03:30 PM
this site has turned into something great, plain and simple post reply

Bran
10-10-2006, 12:25 AM
I think the main reason for the success of this board has been the way it is run. It isn't loaded with ridiculous personal attacks, people are generally knowledgeable (and when they don't know, they don't pretend to!!). It's a friendly place to be, to get information, keep up with the rest of the league, etc.