PDA

View Full Version : Deckert gone soon?

Raiderfan8
10-08-2006, 03:04 PM
The two younger guys seem to be playing well and the Raider are winning games! What you guys think?

Dwight Schrute
10-08-2006, 06:45 PM
The two younger guys seem to be playing well and the Raider are winning games! What you guys think?
i think deckert should go, i have said it all along. and if they shipped him out i wouldnt be upset. and if they also sent thelen away (i still say everett would be a good fit) and got a good young forward back, id be happy too. going with youth, and developing these young guys should be the goal this year not try to win a couple more games so they can squeak into the playoffs and get the revenue from 2 home games (major reason why clark didnt trade chipper last year)

westbeach55
10-08-2006, 08:30 PM
i think deckert should go, i have said it all along. and if they shipped him out i wouldnt be upset. and if they also sent thelen away (i still say everett would be a good fit) and got a good young forward back, id be happy too. going with youth, and developing these young guys should be the goal this year not try to win a couple more games so they can squeak into the playoffs and get the revenue from 2 home games (major reason why clark didnt trade chipper last year)

where did u get that clarke didn't trade chipper cause he wanted two playoff games I guess what I'm trying to say is don't make assumptions maybe nobody was offering anything for chipper (he wasn't a pure sniper) you don't know what goes on behind the scenes. I agree with trading to get some youth and build for the future but not for trading sake don't just give what we have for nothing. thelan could easily be considered the top dman in the league look what pg gave up for setoghouchi

Dwight Schrute
10-08-2006, 09:35 PM
where did u get that clarke didn't trade chipper cause he wanted two playoff games I guess what I'm trying to say is don't make assumptions maybe nobody was offering anything for chipper (he wasn't a pure sniper) you don't know what goes on behind the scenes. I agree with trading to get some youth and build for the future but not for trading sake don't just give what we have for nothing. thelan could easily be considered the top dman in the league look what pg gave up for setoghouchi
in a radio interview shortly after the deadline last year clark talked about how important the revenue from playoff games was to a small market team like the raiders. and said that the raiders were a better team with chipchura and others. and had a better chance of making the playoffs with him then without him. never said that i know everything that goes on behind the scenes. does this clarify where i got that from ?

westbeach55
10-08-2006, 11:42 PM
in a radio interview shortly after the deadline last year clark talked about how important the revenue from playoff games was to a small market team like the raiders. and said that the raiders were a better team with chipchura and others. and had a better chance of making the playoffs with him then without him. never said that i know everything that goes on behind the scenes. does this clarify where i got that from ?

didn't want to attack you just wanted some more info should have maybe wrote it better

Dwight Schrute
10-09-2006, 12:23 AM
didn't want to attack you just wanted some more info should have maybe wrote it better
no problem, i should have clarified earlier. its no secret that i dont think much of donn clark or peter anholt(though i used to think highly of anholt), but not all comments about them are meant as a attack.