PDA

View Full Version : Tartaglione Traded

old_time_hockey
10-10-2006, 04:15 PM
Tommy T is gone to Regina for a 4th round bantam pick

Carebear
10-10-2006, 04:15 PM
This is nonsense!

Now how am I gonna watch him freak out at the water bottle!? hah!

dondo
10-10-2006, 04:23 PM
wow so it begins eh? I thought the writing was on the wall for Tommy T -- its disappointing to get so little for such a talented goalie, but I guess only your top players are marketable for something in this league.

Good Luck Tommy hopefully you get the starters job.

N.W. Bruin
10-10-2006, 04:26 PM
wow so it begins eh? I thought the writing was on the wall for Tommy T -- its disappointing to get so little for such a talented goalie, but I guess only your top players are marketable for something in this league.

Good Luck Tommy hopefully you get the starters job.

This doesn't make sense.

GF71
10-10-2006, 04:26 PM
I am happy for Tommy, that he will be going where he will get a chance to play. He was growing pretty unhappy... not so much with sitting on the bench, but being verymuch the after thought in practice. The pick is ok...THe team needed to move somebody and this was an easy way. out. Good Luck Tommy!

dondo
10-10-2006, 04:32 PM
This doesn't make sense.

I wonder if Regina is considering changing up their goalie situation -- beause if he's going to a team to be a depth back-up I don't think he'll be too happy and I would say it would be a waste of talent.

but considering your thoughts on Regina NWB, it really doesn't make sense. I didn't know how deep the Pats were in net.

Kassian
10-10-2006, 04:35 PM
This doesn't make sense.

The Pats traded David Reekie to Everett earlier today. So maybe that was a move to free up room for Tartaglione?

Gilbert_Brule_Fan
10-10-2006, 04:44 PM
nooo, tommy was awesome, best of luck! :thumb:

Bran
10-10-2006, 04:44 PM
I wouldn't say the Pats were deep in net. Reekie is alright, but Rowat's better at 17 than he is at 19. It'll be interesting to see how they split playing time. I'm assuming it'll be pretty well 50/50, but who knows.

This is nonsense!

Now how am I gonna watch him freak out at the water bottle!? hah!
Haha, I'll have to check it out...Maybe he'll play when the Pats visit Vancouver?

N.W. Bruin
10-10-2006, 04:45 PM
The Pats traded David Reekie to Everett earlier today. So maybe that was a move to free up room for Tartaglione?

So basically Rowat and Tommy can battle over the top spot. Both eligilbe to return next year without being overagers.

langdak
10-10-2006, 04:59 PM
so now we are left with 2 guys who both want the starter spot and most likely neither are gonna wanna be the back up

is there something else in the works here? or am i just dreaming things up

Beaner
10-10-2006, 06:04 PM
4th Round pick for Tartaglione?

Regina just got a steal.

I am happy though for Tommy, he is good enough to play in this league and now he has a chance, even though I think we should have got more for him.

Best of luck Tommy.

Knuckles Muldoon
10-10-2006, 06:29 PM
4th Round pick for Tartaglione?

Regina just got a steal.

I am happy though for Tommy, he is good enough to play in this league and now he has a chance, even though I think we should have got more for him.

Best of luck Tommy.
I agree. A fourth rounder for a guy who can basically come in and start as an 18 yo? Not enough. But I hope Tommy T goes in there and gets a good chance to play a lot. He deserves that much.

scrunt
10-10-2006, 07:56 PM
Well something had to give, and it was terrible for Tommy T being here and not getting any playing time. I hope he gets a chance to play and be number one for the Pats.

Saskatchewan's a looooong way from California! I hope he can put up with the culture shock! :D

Swando
10-10-2006, 08:19 PM
I'm sure if the G Brass could have got more for Tommy they would have. Having Slade play so many games last year hurt Tommy's marketablity I think. I don't think there will be a "Back-Up Goalie" this year. You'll see the games pretty well split down the middle. Come play-offs we'll see the back-up come into effect more (I think)

Carebear
10-10-2006, 10:14 PM
GOOD LUCK TOMMY!

I'll miss ya, we all will!

I hope you're playin in Van on Nov 18th so I can watch you talk to your water bottle! haha! :wave:

bANAna
10-11-2006, 01:12 AM
Saskatchewan's a looooong way from California! I hope he can put up with the culture shock! :D
forget culture shock, winter's coming!...weather shock! haha good luck Tommy!!

kind of off-topic but I'm curious about the clip board he has during the games. what's he making notes of?

dondo
10-11-2006, 02:15 AM

kind of off-topic but I'm curious about the clip board he has during the games. what's he making notes of?

^ the things his water bottle has been saying behind his back :p :thumb:

nah its good to see the Pats making room for Tommy and I think that the Pats got a steal there.

And I think it'll be a 60/40 split for Tyson, but Slade will be all playoffs. This is a chnace for Tyson to learn the starters job -- he's still only 17 -- I think for the team this is a positive move.

Bran
10-11-2006, 02:52 AM
^ the things his water bottle has been saying behind his back :p :thumb:

nah its good to see the Pats making room for Tommy and I think that the Pats got a steal there.

And I think it'll be a 60/40 split for Tyson, but Slade will be all playoffs. This is a chnace for Tyson to learn the starters job -- he's still only 17 -- I think for the team this is a positive move.
I suppose I can understand what a goalie might have to say to his goalposts, but I can't imagine what he'd have to say to his water bottle?? Is it more of a lecture type thing or a conversation? Does the bottle answer back? Never know with these goalie-types. :) I'm putting too much thought into this...past my bedtime.

I'm looking forward to seeing him in a Pats uniform...should make for a good year. Goaltending was one of the Pats biggest issues this year, with Tartaglione and Rowat in net, although they're both young, that's pretty well solved. Cool. :)

witness
10-11-2006, 10:34 AM
The Pats picked up Tartaglione as a back up. The starting job is Rowat's to loose, and he has really played well this year. Tartaglione will get some playing time, but it won't be a 50/50 split. I assume that he will get at least a once a week start. Hunt has said in the past that he will ride a hot goaltender, so you never know what will happen.

Carebear
10-11-2006, 11:05 AM

I think he takes notes of face-off wins (possibly amongst other things). I was trying to figure it out on Monday at the game in Chilliwack and everytime there was a face off he was watching, then would lean down and write something.