PDA

View Full Version : Reekie to Tips / Tartaglioni from Giants

old_time_hockey
10-10-2006, 04:22 PM
www.vancouvergiants.com/home.html

To Pats: G Tommy Tartaglioni
To Giants: 4th Rd. Bantam Pick

Well since we got Slade from Regina, only seems fair to send you guys a goalie at some point ;)

Good luck to Tommy. I think the Giants did what was best for him. He is above playing Jr. B. Hope the Pats can use him. This kid has skills.

patsfan33
10-10-2006, 04:23 PM
http://www.everettsilvertips.com/news/story.cfm?ID=604

Silvertips Acquire Veteran Goaltender from Pats
Everett Adds Reekie from Regina
Everett Silvertips Press Release

Photo courtesy of Regina Pats
Everett, WA - Everett Silvertips VP/General Manager, Doug Soetaert has announced that the Everett Silvertips have acquired veteran goaltender David Reekie from the Regina Pats for a 5th round draft pick in the 2007 WHL Bantam Draft.

Reekie comes to the Silvertips with valuable experience with three seasons in the WHL and the Regina Pats. This season, the Saskatoon, SK native collected a 1-3 record with the Pats in 4 games. Last season, Reekie finished with 31 wins in 55 appearances for the Pats. He also recorded a 3.13 GAA and an 89.6% SP with 2 Shutouts for Regina last season. Overall in his WHL career, Reekie has appeared in 94 games and played in 5046 minutes.

The Everett Silvertips will be a busy hockey club this weekend as they play three games in three nights on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The Silvertips will hit the road on Friday, October 13 to battle the Spokane Chiefs at the Spokane Veterans Memorial Arena at 7:00 p.m. The Tips return home on Saturday, October 14 to host the Portland Winter Hawks at the Everett Events Center. Game time is set for 7:05 p.m. On Sunday, October 15 the Chilliwack Bruins make their first ever visit to the Everett Events Center to battle the Silvertips. Game time Sunday is 5:05 p.m. For tickets for Saturday and Sunday log onto www.everettsilvertips.com or call 1-866-332-8499.

Bran
10-10-2006, 04:40 PM
From ReginaPats.com

PATS TRADE REEKIE TO EVERETT

Regina, Saskatchewan – The Regina Pats decided to change up their goaltending situation, as they have shipped veteran goalie David Reekie (5’11”, 186lb) to the Everett Silvertips in exchange for a 5th round draft pick in the 2007 Bantam Draft. Reekie, the native of Saskatoon, SK, began his career with the Pats in 2004-05, playing in 35 games during his rookie season. Pats Head Coach Curtis Hunt decided to give the starting job to Pats sophomore goaltender Linden Rowat coming out of the preseason. After Rowat suffered an injury in the first game of the season, Reekie was handed the starting duties in his absence. Reekie went 1-3 as the starter, while posting a 3.28 GAA and .860 save%. After recovering from his injury, Rowat was given the starting job back, and has since played two impressive games, including a 2-0 shut-out victory over the Prince Albert Raiders on Monday. Reekie was subsequently demoted to the back-up position upon Rowat’s return. Reekie now heads to the U.S. Division leaders, the Everett Silvertips, where he will back-up Calgary Flames 1st round draft pick, Leland Irving.

Shortly after trading Reekie away, the Pats acquired 2nd year goalie Tommy Tartaglione (5’9”, 199lb) from the Vancouver Giants in exchange for a 4th round pick in the 2007 Bantam Draft. Originally from Harbour City, CA, Tartaglione (Tar-tag-lee-onee) played in 10 games for the Giants last season, posting a 5-3 record. Tartaglione was one of three goalies in Vancouver, and had yet to dress for the undefeated Giants, who currently sit 9-0-0-0 and atop the B.C. Division.

“With the development of Linden, we felt it was important to give David a fresh opportunity elsewhere. We appreciate David’s contributions and wish him all the best. Tommy was in a similar situation to David in that he needed an opportunity. We think he will be a good fit in our room and he, along with Linden, will give us a solid one - two punch in goal" expressed Brent Parker, General Manager of the Regina Pats.

Wow. I wasn't expecting that. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out, the Pats now have two VERY capable goaltenders. I would imagine they'll split playing time fairly equally, at least for starters? This is exciting! And I do wish Reekie luck in Everett.

Fight Guy
10-10-2006, 04:49 PM
Wow...didnt see this coming...atleast not this soon. Sounds like Tartaglione is quite the goalie aswell.

patsfan33
10-10-2006, 05:10 PM
^ I'm with you..i didn't see it coming so soon either, although i knew at some point it was inevitable

of course i wish Reek the best of luck in Everett, but I'd also like to offer my congrats to Rowat....at the beginning of this season it was anyone's guess who would be our #1 this season...Rowat has shown, more than enough, that he has earned that position...keep up the hard work kid cause we are all behind you!

wango tango
10-10-2006, 05:36 PM
i hope this deal doesn't create a goaltending controversy. rowat and tartaglione are both quality young tenders, tommy being one year older. is tartaglione going to be annointed the starter? if not will he be happy. hunt might have to massage a few egos.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-10-2006, 05:53 PM
I thought Reekie would eventually be traded, but not to everett. Regardless, I wish Reekie the best of luck with the tips, and appreciate all he has done for the pats in the time he spent here. He probably wont get as much games with the tips than he would here, behind a guy like leland irving, but perhaps a change of environment is probably what he needs. Despite his inconsistancy, and slow start to this year, I liked David and will miss his determination and willingness to stand up for teammates. He was a big part of the pats team, and hopefully picks up where he left off last season and plays solid for the silvertips.

As for this tartaglione guy, I have heard nothing but good things about him, and think that he will be great for us. I cant wait to see what he can do.

Beaner
10-10-2006, 07:38 PM
Tartaglione for a 4th round pick.

Regina wins this trade hands down already.

But Vancouver had to move a goalie and Im just glad Tommy will get a chance to show us what hes got.

Hes a very good goalie, and wait till you see him fire that puck up from the goal line to the opposition blue line. He can really fire that break-away pass.

nivek_wahs
10-11-2006, 01:44 AM
I am still in shock... I really don't know what to say other than... Good luck in Everett Reekie :wave: . Welcome aboard Tommy T :clap: .

nivek_wahs
10-11-2006, 01:59 AM
To quote Carebear from the Giants forum "This is nonsense! Now how am I gonna watch him freak out at the water bottle!? hah!"

I already like Tommy T :laugh:.

I don't think that the Pats will annoint him the starter (they haven't named Rowat starter either) just due to the fact that he has only played in 10 WHL games. The way it has worked here in Regina over the last few years is that the starter plays a lot but no where near 60 or more games so it gives the back-up a chance to shine.

Last year for the Pats Reekie appeared in 55 games and Rowat was in for 26... so if that means anything... Tommy T will get a chance.

My thought is what happens to Jeff Bosch now? Does he get dealt? Rowat is here for at least 2 more years (barring a trade). So in other words I think the Pats aren't done wheeling and dealing yet... maybe getting that 19-year-old forward they are looking at acquiring.

dondo
10-11-2006, 02:33 AM
I think you guys get a great goalaie in Tommy T -- I'm hoping he gets to be the starter as he has the potential to impress NHL scouts given the chance and this will be his draft year.

He lost the numbers game in Vancouver and its too bad, but I think the Giants org would rather develop a 17yr old 'tender in Tyson Sexsmith and play him for about a 60/40 split with Slade this season .. and teach him the starers job and get him primed to take over than to have Tommy back-up Slade in his draft-eligible year -- It's the best for both sides .. but man I expected more than a fourth rounder for him .. son of a ..

Bran
10-11-2006, 02:40 AM
Should be an exciting year! Goaltending was probably the Pats biggest question mark and that appears to be in good shape now. This is the most optimistic I've been about the Pats since...probably ever, haha. I really like the looks of this team.

Number_4
10-11-2006, 02:55 PM
I've had a chance to think of this for a while, and from what I have read and heard, this was a good move. Reekie seems to be having a tough time this year, and needs a change. Us fans arent exactly his biggest fans, and well, its time for him to get a chance someplace else. It sounds like he will be a backup there too, but at least he will have a chance to play if their goalie (name is eluding me- calgary draft pick...) gets to play in the world jr's.

From what I have gathered, the Pats have gained another solid goaltender who has the ability to be a starter, but is also used to being a backup. Hopefully we will get to see him play a bit. (one-two pucnch, no real starter??) IMO, he is prolly the steal of the season so far.

Now to replace Klaus.... Parker seems to have the giants on speed-dial... whatcha have for us??? :D

Fight Guy
10-11-2006, 05:13 PM
Now to replace Klaus.... Parker seems to have the giants on speed-dial... whatcha have for us??? :DBrule for Deck and a pick! That is if Brule continues to be a let down this season and is sent back. :thumb:

Bran
10-11-2006, 05:31 PM
Now to replace Klaus.... Parker seems to have the giants on speed-dial... whatcha have for us??? :D
I doubt we'd see anything major with the Giants again this year. They seem to be in the same place as the Pats-stong defense and goaltending but needing someone who can score.

Fight Guy
10-11-2006, 05:51 PM
I doubt we'd see anything major with the Giants again this year. They seem to be in the same place as the Pats-stong defense and goaltending but needing someone who can score.
Though I havent looked into the Giants teammuch this year yet, but going by the current standings, they are having no problems scoring. Unless you were just talking about the Pats with that part...then that is quite true.

We can probably look for Parker to try and find another impact import as we have the spot open still, unless something changed and American players count as imports...but im pretty sure that isnt the case. I would look to see a deal and/or signing though in the nearish future as the Pats are missing what they had last season with scoring. I think we will see an impact player as early as the beginning of November...or earlier even. With the Pats "done" rebuilding (shouldnt say done, but doing ALOT better than in the past), they could probably look to use a higher pick to bring someone in, whether it be alone or packaged with a player. Or again, we could get lucky and pick up another Tolpeko...but not 20yo...lol.

Beaner
10-11-2006, 05:52 PM

Hey now I think its your turn to give us something good for a 4th round pick. :laugh:

SectionNDeserter
10-11-2006, 06:18 PM
You can get a pretty decent player for a 4th round pick I hear.....

Bran
10-11-2006, 09:31 PM
Though I havent looked into the Giants teammuch this year yet, but going by the current standings, they are having no problems scoring. Unless you were just talking about the Pats with that part...then that is quite true.

We can probably look for Parker to try and find another impact import as we have the spot open still, unless something changed and American players count as imports...but im pretty sure that isnt the case. I would look to see a deal and/or signing though in the nearish future as the Pats are missing what they had last season with scoring. I think we will see an impact player as early as the beginning of November...or earlier even. With the Pats "done" rebuilding (shouldnt say done, but doing ALOT better than in the past), they could probably look to use a higher pick to bring someone in, whether it be alone or packaged with a player. Or again, we could get lucky and pick up another Tolpeko...but not 20yo...lol.

The Giants are scoring, and maybe I'm wrong, but they don't really have any guys whose main focus is to score. What the Pats need is a guy like Kalus whose focus is on scoring goals.

You can get a pretty decent player for a 4th round pick I hear..... 4th round picks don't come cheap arount these parts!

Hey now I think its your turn to give us something good for a 4th round pick. You can have Reinhart. ;)

SectionNDeserter
10-11-2006, 09:51 PM
4th round picks don't come cheap arount these parts!Beaner knows what I am talking about :laugh:

Beaner
10-11-2006, 10:47 PM
The Giants are scoring, and maybe I'm wrong, but they don't really have any guys whose main focus is to score.

We got one of those his name is JD Watt. :D

Seriously now, the Giants are doing fine right now, got all the scoring they need right now, a great D and good goaltending. No sniper, but more a scoring by committee.

So far this year they have moved 3 players for 2007 picks ( Molle, Rutherford and Tartaglione for a 3,4,5 round picks).

I think what is happening is the Giants brass like what they see and dont see the need right now, to spend a lot to load up. Wait and see what happens as the year goes on, and maybe turn those picks into a player needed at the deadline, due to injury or whatever.

nivek_wahs
10-12-2006, 12:08 AM
We got one of those his name is JD Watt. :D I think he would look good in a Pats jersey :thumb:

nivek_wahs
10-12-2006, 12:14 AM
From reginapats.com via the LeaderPost Reekie's tenure over with deal to Silvertips (http://www.reginapats.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=630)

It's a good read... some interesting comments from Brent Parker.

Bran
10-12-2006, 12:24 AM
We got one of those his name is JD Watt. :D

Seriously now, the Giants are doing fine right now, got all the scoring they need right now, a great D and good goaltending. No sniper, but more a scoring by committee.

So far this year they have moved 3 players for 2007 picks ( Molle, Rutherford and Tartaglione for a 3,4,5 round picks).

I think what is happening is the Giants brass like what they see and dont see the need right now, to spend a lot to load up. Wait and see what happens as the year goes on, and maybe turn those picks into a player needed at the deadline, due to injury or whatever.
Oh, for sure...but what are the chances of trading one of those guys? Especially for another D-man?

Bran
10-12-2006, 12:33 AM
From reginapats.com via the LeaderPost Reekie's tenure over with deal to Silvertips (http://www.reginapats.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=630)

It's a good read... some interesting comments from Brent Parker.
Yeah, I think it's pretty obvious he wasn't happy. It's frustrating to see a guy who is so capable, struggle the way he had been. I don't know what happened with him. Maybe the pressure of fighting for the starting role got to him, maybe seeing Rowat excel was a blow to his ego, maybe it's something else altogether. In any case, maybe a fresh start is just what he needs right now.

Beaner
10-12-2006, 12:57 AM
Oh, for sure...but what are the chances of trading one of those guys? Especially for another D-man?

What does Vancouver need another Dman for with Mikkelson, Franson, Blum and Festerling as a top 4?

Bran
10-12-2006, 01:34 AM
What does Vancouver need another Dman for with Mikkelson, Franson, Blum and Festerling as a top 4?
That's my point. :) It's not gonna happen.

nivek_wahs
10-12-2006, 09:25 AM
New Pats goaltender has sunny disposition

http://www.reginapats.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=632

A quote from Tommy T from the article:
"My (ex-Giants) teammates came over to say goodbye (on Tuesday) and they were watching me pack," he recalled with a laugh. "They're just looking at me going, 'You don't have anything bulky?' I'm packing shorts and T-shirts and all the Saskatchewan boys and Alberta boys are going, 'You're gonna die. We're not gonna see you in November when we play them.' "Just you wait Tommy... just you wait.... :laugh: :thumb:

patsdude114
10-12-2006, 11:39 AM
well i havent been able to get onto this site for the past few days been so busy with work and all....anyways i finally get a chance to say something about these deals...

First of all i am really happy that Reekie was dealt, as you all know i was never a Reekie fan he was way too inconsisant for my likeing, and was brutal at playing the puck... he was kinda turning into a Slade just minus the big acts on the ice, Reekie got so pissed when hed let a goal in that he would be rattled always complaining to the refs that he got a little bump boo hooo to Reekie your 19yrs old start acting like it... Rowat at 17yrs old gets bumped alot (ie 4 times in swift current) he just gets up and skates to the corner he know his job and thats stop the puck...

Rowat has been Hunts man this season right from the start he has alot of confidence in Rowat and so he should have, Rowat covers alot of the net has above avg speed in the crease, leaves the puck behind the net in a better position for the Dmen to play it (Reekie always left it in a terrible place and took too long to get out of the Dmans way) Rowat also has a huge upside which Reekie has already hit his....

OK now with the new goalie (just gotta learn how to spell it lol) anyways sounds like Tag is just as capable as Rowat having 1 more yr on him might help, reading in the paper sounds like he is a very mature kid, and always puts the team 1st...he has a great shot at playing alot of games here be it infront of Rowat or behind Rowat, i hope the Pats play Tag at home on sat and play Rowat for the 2 road games i really wanna see Tag play..

Now Parker needs to get a soild scoring forward (ie 19yr old) we have some soild younger players that we could send to a team that is in a rebuilding stage and could use a soild young guy, if we could get a 19 yr old who WILL be back for his last season nexted year it wouldnt bug me at all if we traded away a guy like Duval or like Lind but if we were only getting a year out of a player then id hope Duval wouldnt be dealt, anyways i really like both trades we have made so far

Beaner
10-12-2006, 01:05 PM
Here is an archived interview that Giantsfan71 did with Tommy last year. Thought you might like to read it.

Interview with Tommy Tartaglione

Q: What are your initial impressions/thoughts on your season so far? How has life in the WHL been treating you?
A:There is a lot more work that goes into playing in the whl. Practicing everyday takes a while to get used to. Life in the dub is pretty tough but is definatly a good time.

Q: What has been the biggest difference from playing with your team last year to the Giants?
A: Practicing everyday and everybody on the team works hard.

Q: You were pencilled in to go to Junior B with the Washington Totems this season. How readily would you accept re-assignment there, if it ever comes this season?
A: Umm getting sent down is never an easy thing but i like the organazation and the coaches.

Q: What are your impressions of being involved with the Giants so far?
A: They are a hard working organazation from the owners all the way down and their main goal is winning every year.

Q: How are you finding Vancouver?
A: It is very different from living at home but it is not too bad Ladner is a pretty cozy place.

Q: What were your thoughts the first time you walked into the dressing room at the Coliseum?
A: WOW i couldn't shut my mouth. It was just an unreal thing to know that im gonna get dressed in here.

Q: What was going through your mind the first time you stepped onto the ice for a game at the Coliseum?
A: Don't fall, don't fall, don't fall

Q: What has been the biggest surprise about being involved with the Giants so far?
A: Flying to the game in Prince George that was a great thing.

Q:You have played a few games so far this season. Has everything been as expected?
A: Yeah i expected a faster game and that is what i got.

Q:What expectations have you set for yourself, for this season? What are your goals?
A: I expected to play my best everytime i step on the ice weather it is in relief or wether im getting the start i expect to play my best.

Q: What is it like playing with guys such as Mark and Brett who have signed NHL contracts?
A: Its cool. Real cool but they are such great guys That just by talking to them you would never hear them say one word about it.

Q: What have your learned from some of the vets so far?
A: SHoe check...... always watch your shoes during dinner !!!

Q: What is the LA junior kings program like?
A: It is a great program. THey gave us a nice locker room and anything we need. They really focus on tring to get their kids to the next level.

Q: Do you have any hockey related superstitions?
A: My gear always goes on left to right. My water bottle sits in the same corner on top of my net. iIalways drop my bottle into my net before the period begins.

Q: Please describe your game day routine.
A:A lot of sleep especially on the road

Q: What is the strangest superstition that you have seen so far?
A: At Training camp, Kramer Barnstable jumping around the net banging his head prior to the game.

Q: What is the most embarrassing that that has happened to you during a practice or game?
A:Nothing to bad but I broke my steel last year in a scrimige and fell down going out to play a puck.

Q: What is the best practical joke that you have been involved in?
A:Ttornadoing someones room. You go and just toss everything around including the matress that was a minor hockey trick though.

Q: What is the funniest thing that you have seen during a game?
A: Well during practice this year mitch czbiers jock fell off during the midlle of a drill. I guess he got juked bad.

Q: What is your favorite band?
A: foo fighters

Q: What CD is in your cd player right now?
A: TNT's mix

Q: What is the most embarrassing CD in your collection?
A: grease sound track

Q: What is your favorite TV show?
A: The Simpsons

Q: What is the last book that you read?
A: And i didnt color outside the lines on any of them !! I just finished a 123 page book the "story of lines"

Q: What is your favorite hockey movie?
A: Definatly miricle being american

Q: least favorite?
A: slapshot 2

Q: What is the last movie that you saw?
A: Just friends

Q: How do you like loading the bus? haha
A: It isn't too bad as long as we work together but it is the cold weather that gets ya

Q: What is your fondest hockey memory so far?
A: Winning roller nationals

Q: What has been your favorite hockey moment so far?
A: skills comps and a few allstar games

Q: Who is your favorite NHL player and why?
A: Martin BRoudeur...he isnt afreid to play the puck

Q: At what point did you decide to get serious about hockey?
A: Ummm Hockey is still a game to me but i guess it would of been when i switched over to ice 3 full years ago(14years old)

Q: Did you know you were being scouted by the Giants before they drafted you?
A: I was list but i had no clue i didnt know bout the "W" till after the draft

Q: What was your initial reaction to being drafted by the Giants?
A: I was excited about beening listed it was definatly cool

Q: What advice would you give to kids that are just starting to play hockey?
A: have fun it will always be a game

Q: What skills do you think they should work on the most?
A: skating and stickhandling with out those you cant play

Q: What skills do you think you should work on the most?
A: My postitioning and the technical asspect of the game

Q: What would you consider your strengths and weaknesses?
A:Sstremgths are my athletic abilty. Weaknesses are my postitioning and my technical aspects

Q: When you are left to your own devices during or after practice, what skills do you work on, on our own?
A: My movement in the crease and trying to get out of it.

Q: What have been the largest crowds that you have played in front of so far?
A: I have no clue

Q: Do you notice the crowd during a game, or do you tune them out?
A: haha ummmm no

Q: What role do you see yourself playing with the team this year?
A:Aassistant coach lol. Yelling from the bench and who knows maybe a win or two

Q: What have you learned form coach Hay so far?
A: Be alert no matter wether I am playing or not

Q: What was your previous Hockey program like?
A:Well organised

Q: Is there any team in the league that you are looking forward to playing at all?
A:Uummm i was looking forward to portland my old teammate played but he is hurt rright now(cam cepek)

Q: How do you find juggling school work and hockey?
A: umm it is not to bad. bit it can be tiring at times

Q: We have heard some intersting stories about you... you seem to be quite a character... tell us some stories... cartwheels, bow ties on the ice...that kinda stuff.
A: haha that was in the good ol' roller days ummm but yeah i didnt have a shirt full goalie gear lol good times :-)

Q: Do you have anything to say to the Giants fans that will be reading this?
A: Just keep coming out and suppporting us it looks like it is gonna be a good year !!

Thanks for your time Tommy!

nivek_wahs
10-13-2006, 09:34 AM
From reginapats.com via the LeaderPost...
Rowat's play warranted trade (http://www.reginapats.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=634)

Interesting comment from Hunt in the article...
Even with Reekie gone, the Pats still haven't officially anointed Rowat their undisputed No. 1 goalie.

In Hunt's mind, it's a position which has to be earned, not given.

"I'm not interested in egos," said the head coach. "Whether you play five in a row, two in a row or you get one game out of every 10, you need to be ready to play. That's the way we view our goaltending situation. We still believe we have two guys who can handle the load and we have to wait and see how things shake out."

GF71
10-13-2006, 10:39 AM
You guys gotta watch TNT's (he goes by TNT or Tommy T) water bottle ritual. You have never seen anything like it. :laugh:

Bran
10-13-2006, 12:06 PM
You guys gotta watch TNT's (he goes by TNT or Tommy T) water bottle ritual. You have never seen anything like it. :laugh:
Haha, I've been looking forward to that since I found out about the trade! With three games in a row he'll likely play at least one night...I'm kinda hoping for Saturday so I can finally see this kid in action after everything I've heard. Though I will never be disappointed to see Rowat in net.

Biscuit
10-13-2006, 12:11 PM
Prior to coming to the WHL, TNT had only 1 year of AAA ice experience, and 2 years of AA hockey. And one of those years in AA, he played goalie half the games and defence the other half. (He finished 2nd in scoring on his team that year)

Good Luck Tommy!

patsfan33
10-13-2006, 12:47 PM
lol...ok somebody give...what does this kid do with the waterbottle...i gotta know

GF71
10-13-2006, 02:10 PM
Well....basically....he skates up to his net. THrows the water bottle into the net like it has a disease or something. Talks to it. ( I tried all year last year to get him to tell me what he says, but he won't give it up haha.) Picks it up, and then puts it on the net.

He is a real character...hilarious if you get to know him. You guys got a beauty. He was very popular with his team mates. I just hope somebody talks him into buying some pants. hahaha

patsfan33
10-13-2006, 02:49 PM
haha....definately gotta see this

Fight Guy
10-13-2006, 03:51 PM
This guy sounds great!

Can't wait to see him play and see this little ritual..haha.

Bran
10-13-2006, 06:31 PM
Well....basically....he skates up to his net. THrows the water bottle into the net like it has a disease or something. Talks to it. ( I tried all year last year to get him to tell me what he says, but he won't give it up haha.) Picks it up, and then puts it on the net.

He is a real character...hilarious if you get to know him. You guys got a beauty. He was very popular with his team mates. I just hope somebody talks him into buying some pants. hahaha
After reading the article about him in the paper the other day, I don't think anyone will have to convince him. I think he's in for quite a shock once it gets really cold...or his first REAL snowstorm, not like you guys have on the coast. ;)