PDA

View Full Version : Who wears the "C"

Beaner
10-10-2006, 07:12 PM
So now that Chad Scharff has been released :(, the 20 year old situation solved, as well as the dealing one of our 3 goalies, only one Question remains.

Who gets the C?

For my money, I think Festerling is the choice.

GF71
10-10-2006, 07:18 PM
Festerling without a shadow of a doubt ;)

Knuckles Muldoon
10-10-2006, 07:20 PM
Fester it is.

Swando
10-10-2006, 08:21 PM
They will save the C for Brule when he comes back from Columbus...NOT lol

Festerling hands down

dondo
10-11-2006, 02:20 AM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Kraus

N.W. Bruin
10-11-2006, 09:46 AM
Festerling gets the C

langdak
10-11-2006, 11:22 AM
I vote for Festerling

Carebear
10-11-2006, 01:03 PM
CUNNINGHAM!

Joking, obviously, I havent really been a Giants fan long enough to know who would suit the position.

But I'll go with the crowd, Festerling!

GF71
10-11-2006, 01:11 PM
CUNNINGHAM!

Joking, obviously, I havent really been a Giants fan long enough to know who would suit the position.

But I'll go with the crowd, Festerling!

Ahhh a follower. Who's trying to be cool by joining in with the others? AHAHAHA Drink the red Kool-Aid. It's good for you! :laugh:

dondo
10-11-2006, 01:13 PM
okay crowd who -- other than Festerling makes your top five list for the "C" -- just curious here

I'm not saying Festerling wouldn't make a decent Captain, but the reason I chose Kraus was to choose a younger player who could grow with the frachise instead of just giving it to a 20yr old.

Who's a young up and comer who could wear the C -- Franson? Lucic?

just wondering.

N.W. Bruin
10-11-2006, 01:29 PM
okay crowd who -- other than Festerling makes your top five list for the "C" -- just curious here

I'm not saying Festerling wouldn't make a decent Captain, but the reason I chose Kraus was to choose a younger player who could grow with the frachise instead of just giving it to a 20yr old.

Who's a young up and comer who could wear the C -- Franson? Lucic?

just wondering.

1. Franson
2. Kraus
3. Mikkelson
4. Watt
5. Lamb

I don't believe in giving a seventeen or eighteen year old the "C' unless they have a couple years in the league already. So basically seventeens are out of the picture because they would have only played a season at most in the WHL. The only other guy who would have to be considered in that case is Reese but he would all below the other five (and Festerling)

Kristi
10-11-2006, 01:38 PM
It's really too bad that goalies can't be captain! I'd like to see Slade lose it with the refs over calls! That could make for some entertaining hockey!

GF71
10-11-2006, 01:48 PM
It's really too bad that goalies can't be captain! I'd like to see Slade lose it with the refs over calls! That could make for some entertaining hockey!

haha. that would be something to see. You guys would be stunned by Slade off of the ice though. He is one of the quietest and most un assuming players I have ever seen off of the ice. Infact he is quite shy.

In no order...

Franson
Kraus
Watt
Mikkelson
Lucic

With consideration for Machacek despite his age.

old_time_hockey
10-11-2006, 02:01 PM
My thinking out of the box guys would be:

Lucic could make good captain material. He is a hard worker too. Lead by example. Look at what Triston Grant did when they handed him the C. Took his game to a new level.

Hunt could also be another lead by example guy but that would be a longshot, but all the players seem to respect him.

Younger guy that you might want to pin the C on could be Czibere. He is developing quite well. He works hard in the corners and unless the Giants have other plans for him, can play another 3 seasons.

Knuckles Muldoon
10-11-2006, 06:37 PM
If not Fester then...

Franson
Machacek
Watt
Lamb

I really don't think anyone else is a viable option for one reason or other. I do believe that Czibere will be a captain here someday.