PDA

View Full Version : Slow Learners

grainbear
10-12-2006, 06:04 AM
Why is it that a team whose management stated was going to excell on speed is getting so many penalties ?

Just analysised our penalties and yes players getting the most ice time are leading in the penalty parade. No we are not getting killed on power play goals but it is I believe having an impact on our finish arount the opposition net. How can one score effectively if you are mentally tired from playing so much defense due to pelanlties. Not too many gaols are scored on your side of center ice. Look at our penalties King 44 minutes, Hogg 34, Wright 30 , Craige 28 , Vantuch 25 , Kerr 20. Gentlemen it is time to keep the hands on the stick and the stick off the opposition and use timing an body postion to win the small battles that will keep us out of the box . Also we are getting way to fancy on the power play. Shoot the puck, when we have peppered the other team with shoots we win except for Swift Current when the goaltender stole the show. It can be done

Caner
10-13-2006, 11:15 AM
Before you start beaking, look at what kind of penalties they are taking. Fighting is not a bad penalty, even up. The guys that continue to take 2 minute penalties are hurting the team. If you can't play without the puck then they shouldn't be on the ice. Almost anyone can get a point on a five on three. That seems to be the only way the canes can get a goal. Most of the stars are doing nothing at even strenght. The WHL is not a four on four non contact league.

loudi94
10-13-2006, 08:41 PM
Before you start beaking, look at what kind of penalties they are taking. Fighting is not a bad penalty, even up. The guys that continue to take 2 minute penalties are hurting the team. If you can't play without the puck then they shouldn't be on the ice. Almost anyone can get a point on a five on three. That seems to be the only way the canes can get a goal. Most of the stars are doing nothing at even strenght. The WHL is not a four on four non contact league.

It didn't sound like beaking and you pretty much supported his comments. They're getting killed by penalties. They're down in Red Deer on 2 PP goals against. If this doesn't get addressed, they're not going to do well at all. I see many lazy penalties. Aggressive penalties I can take and seem to be easier to kill. It's the little hooks and the interference that is killing them.

grainbear
10-14-2006, 12:39 AM
Caner , I have no intent to have us all wearing figure skates . Just finished analysis after tonights game with all games played Our Penalty Parade
Penalty Infraction #
Lazy Penalty
hooking 21
holding 14
Interference 20
Tripping 18
Diving 1
HoldingStick 2

Total 76

Others
Elbow 4
Roughing 19
Charging 1
Unsports 5
High Stick 5
Boarding 2
Misconducts 5
Cross Checks 7
Misc 13
Fight 5

Total 66

loudi94
10-14-2006, 09:42 AM
Caner , I have no intent to have us all wearing figure skates . Just finished analysis after tonights game with all games played Our Penalty Parade
Penalty Infraction #
Lazy Penalty
hooking 21
holding 14
Interference 20
Tripping 18
Diving 1
HoldingStick 2

Total 76

Others
Elbow 4
Roughing 19
Charging 1
Unsports 5
High Stick 5
Boarding 2
Misconducts 5
Cross Checks 7
Misc 13
Fight 5

Total 66

Move the unsportsman and misconducts into it's own category. Call it selfish play.