PDA

View Full Version : Warriors Pick Up Jory

Hatguy
10-13-2006, 11:29 AM
Warriors Acquire Jory From Wheat Kings
Created: Oct 13, 2006
MOOSE JAW, SK - The Moose Jaw Warriors are proud to announce that they have acquired 19-year old goalie Kurt Jory from the Brandon Wheat Kings in exchange for a 5th round draft pick in the 2008 WHL Bantam Draft.

Formerly protected by the Everett Silvertips, Jory was listed by the Wheat Kings in 2004 and spent the 2004-05 season with the Manitoba Junior Hockey League’s Neepawa Natives. Jory shared the net minding duties with Tyler Plante on the 2004 National Midget Championship club from Brandon.

His first WHL win came on December 6th in Regina and ten days later, he made 23 saves in a 2-0 victory over the visiting Red Deer Rebels for his first ever shutout in the WHL. Jory has appeared in 19 career games with Brandon posting a 5-7-0-1 record.

Friday’s move leaves the Wheat Kings with 25 players on their active roster, including goalkeepers Tyler Plante and 17-year old rookie Joe Caligiuri. A former 10th round selection of the Wheat Kings in the 2004 WHL bantam draft, Caligiuri finished second among Manitoba AAA Midget League goalkeepers last season with a 2.04 goals against average and five shutouts in 21 regular season starts for the Winnipeg 'AAA' Midget Wild.

Hmmm... I don't really know why Lang would pick up Jory. There's no way we have two twenty year old goalies next season again! I guess Jebson won't get another chance, I think that's kind of dumb.

Oh well, I hope Jory can be a good back up. I saw him a few times in net when he was with the Wheaties and I would say that I hope he can get the job done...

SeventhHeaven4U
10-13-2006, 07:37 PM
Hmmm... I don't really know why Lang would pick up Jory. There's no way we have two twenty year old goalies next season again! I guess Jebson won't get another chance

One thing is obvious, they don't believe Jebson is ready right now. Perhaps they will send him down for another year of seasoning to come back next yr to try again. Joey & Jory will be 20 next year and thus one of them will be used as bargaining chips to fill any gaps we have. McArdle may not return from NHL camp next fall and Holzapfel won't be able to pick-up all the slack. I don't think it's such a bad move. Could've been worse! Maybe Jory will start on Sunday??

Welcome to the Warriors Jory!!

Hatguy
10-13-2006, 10:12 PM
There is no way Jory should start against the Pats on sunday! It's the Pats, we don't want to lose to the Pats, this is a big game. We need to show Perricone and the fans that we aren't just going to roll over and die.