PDA

View Full Version : Game Preview: Oct 13

Hunt24
10-13-2006, 01:19 PM
Giants look for a perfect "10" record
Seattle in town for first of two

The Vancouver Giants (9-0-0) are back in action playing the first leg of a home and away set against the Seattle Thunderbirds tonight at the Pacific Coliseum.

The Giants had nearly a weak to recoup after their comeback 5-4 victory over the expansion Chilliwack Chiefs last Monday. During the week the team traded goaltender Tommy Tartaglione to Regina and released 20-year old Chad Scharff.

The Thunderbirds (1-2-0-3) have gotten off to slow start this season, but did give the Giants a scare earlier in Seattle when it took a shootout for the Giants to come out victorious. While a victory might be what they’re after tonight, the T-Birds will first settle for a single goal. Seattle failed to score a single goal in the Pacific Coliseum last season.

Vancouver continues to spread the scoring around and is led by defenseman Cody Franson who has 16 points. J.D. Watt has eight goals to lead the time; one more tally for the Calgary Flames prospect will mark a career high for him.

Seattle is Western Hockey League’s lowest scoring team with only 13 goals scored. They have, however, also been one of the stingiest allowing only 19 goals – good for 5th best in the league. Their leading scorer is Aaron Gagnon who has three goals and three assists.

The Vancouver Giants will start Tyson Sexsmith (4-0-0, 2.16) tonight and most likely give Slade the start tomorrow in the Emerald City. Seattle will start Derek Yeomans (1-2-0-2, 2.53) in goal tonight.

Top Scorers

Seattle Thunderbirds GP G A PTS
Aaron Gagnon 6 3 3 6
Bretton Stamler 6 2 3 5
Thomas Hickey 6 1 4 5

Vancouver Giants GP G A PTS
Cody Franson 9 2 14 16
J.D. Watt 9 8 5 13
Jason Reese 9 6 6 12

Our Prediction: Seattle Thunderbirds 1 Vancouver Giants 5

NOTE: Tomorrow's preview will probably be the last posted on this site. The other site (the URL is now a swear word on this board and shows up as pretty little stars!) will be up and running most likely Monday or Tuesday. Most of you have already heard the site name, so I hope you find it easily. If not, feel free to talk to GiatnsFan71 or I at Giants games.

TheBrass
10-13-2006, 01:47 PM
Yet another great preview Hunt24, I know myself and others look forward to the launch of your own site, and seeing how you can build on the great information you have already provided. :)

old_time_hockey
10-13-2006, 04:23 PM
Little over 4 hours to puck drop.

I hope there is a nice turn out. But on a night when the Nucks are in town too who knows.

Couldn't make it to the game against the Broncos so I have been going through a little bit of live Giants withdrawl.

dondo
10-13-2006, 04:45 PM
oth - you missed two good teams if not a good game due to mitigating circumstances :skeptical