PDA

View Full Version : Blades Vs Broncos

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
10-13-2006, 08:30 PM
post updates, here so far scoreless and what i said we shouldnt do is happening(whats new)we are getting out shot bad what do you know the one thing we need to do, which is not get out shot to tire out Holtby happens yippee, but whatever, post updates here

East Watch
10-13-2006, 09:06 PM
The Blades will get outshot in almost every game this year. They are the youngest team in the league and the only thing that will keep them in games is good goaltending. When the goaltending starts to struggle, LOOK OUT :o cause it could get very ugly in Toontown! :dead:

The Blades players that they were hoping that could step up this year aren't and that spells huge trouble not only for this year but also down the road. Colton GIllies is turning into just a big grinder and Justin McCrae is invisable.

ProStaff
10-13-2006, 09:22 PM
and east watch likes to cause trouble, go post on your own teams sight! :wave:

East Watch
10-13-2006, 09:30 PM
This is my teams site and I'm calling it how I see it. If the Blades goaltending starts to faulter, they will sink and fast....If Gillies and mccrae continue to do nothing...oh oh!!

Blades 4 Life!
10-13-2006, 10:05 PM
WHat did Gillies do in the shotout against the ICE, He scored the winning goal and you havent noticed him, well you better watch your team a little bit better then and its early in the season and if or when the goaltending start to faulter then come back on and talk about it but i have a fealing that the goaltending will be alright and both goalies arent going to get bad at the same time, if holtby starts to wonder off then neufledt will hopefully step up and take some leadership!!!

ProStaff
10-13-2006, 10:08 PM
well if this is your team East Watch, start supporting them! or go find another team!

howley
10-13-2006, 10:14 PM
neufeld was between the pipes tonight from what I heard so no need to tire him out. Yes the blades will get outshot all year this year. But what was the excuse last year when they were outshot every game with the lineup of vet's that they had. plus i partially agree with eas****ch...Gillies has proven nothing but the fact that he can skate and hit people, he has a couple nice moves in a shootout and honestly that's all I have seen from him in two seasons. I know he has it in him, we just haven't seen it yet, which means yes...he is just a big grinder at the moment. Mccrae has done fine, there are just such high expectations on the guy that he will never meet them.

"The Blades players that they were hoping that could step up this year aren't and that spells huge trouble not only for this year but also down the road. Colton GIllies is turning into just a big grinder and Justin McCrae is invisable."

On the other hand...the Blades have found scoring in places that alot of people didn't expect. Taking the weight off of gillies and mccrae. Konecny, Macangus, Menei (I take pride in predicting this so far).

Blades 4 Life!
10-13-2006, 10:18 PM
The Blades lost 3-2 in the shot out but they still came out with 1 point. The swift current are a really good team this year and i think the Blades didn't expect this for them, I think the Blades were expecting a tired and young team and i think the Blades thought that they would have alot of chances but the Broncos were not that tired(which was a surpise cause they just came off that B.C trip) and the Goaltending was really good. I think that will be one of the hardest team in the conference for the Blades to beat. I think the Blades were expecting last years team to show up. The Blades sure could have used Joe Barnes in this game, Last year he was the Bronco's killer. It sounded like Konecny had a good game, 2 goals and a shot out goal. Everyone on the team has done something for the team this year to help out the team, either with a couple big hits(Cameron), couple good fights(Klotz), Good Penalty Kill(Cole, Menei) and just scoring but the player that i think that hasent done anything for the team exept give up the puck and not really impress me every night(Home Games at least) is Brett Ward, a couple of times he has gave up the puck or not done the smart play but hopefully he gets to be alot better cause everyone is doing there part but i think Wards needs to step up. Blades VS. Wheat Kings....i'll be there GoBladesGo

10-13-2006, 10:19 PM
hey hey hey is this not WHL fans can we not psot on other teams forums, who cares if east watch isnt a Blades fan, the Blades played like crap(once again), i can tell this season is going to be veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery frustrating :mad: and plus the Riders are playing like crap once again who fumbles in the other teams 1 yard line when your down a field goal :mad:

Blades 4 Life!
10-13-2006, 10:22 PM
Gillies has done some good fopr the team, he might not have benn on the scoresheet as much as you guys want him to be but he has scored and has thrown some big hits, has recieved some big hits and you guys are going to say that he has done nothing but a couple of night ago he scored an amazing shotout goal and won the game for the Blades and that game will probably be one of the best games this year. I have season tickets and i dont think the Gillies has done nothing

Flathead
10-13-2006, 11:04 PM
Gillies and Konecny, were by far the two best Blades tonight in my opinion. They were the only line that could keep the play in the Broncos end. I was very impressed with both. Who I wasn't impressed with was Neufeld. The score should have been 5 or 6 to 2, a couple posts and some missed rebounds. Neufeld left ugly rebounds all over the place tonight. Great team effort by both clubs though, neither one ever quit. Saskatoon needs to get out and support this team that they have. They may be young, but they are a fast, exciting, big team that will be fun to watch grow over the next couple of years. Swift is quite young as well and both teams will be a force for the next few years. Maybe the late 80's early 90's rivalry between the two clubs will rise again. I just wish you guys would get some fans to your games, no offense, but watching games there can be very boring. Anyways best of luck the rest of the season, and support your team!!

Blades 4 Life!
10-13-2006, 11:13 PM
I have to aggree with you, we dont have enought fans coming out and supporting our team. after traveling to medicine hat and watching how much their fans are into the games just suprised me. But i think if you had a smaller arena that it would seem like with have loud fans and that its busy every game. But its also easier having a smaller arena cause it sounds loud but in a big arena, its hard to get a loud chant going unless you have alot of ppl but on weekends and the playoffs it get louder and busier.

ProStaff
10-13-2006, 11:22 PM
Why do you guy's think Holtby didn't get the start. This pisses me off big time. Holtby wins us the games the other night and gets rewarded, by sitting out next game why does Lorne do this! he did it last year with Anton and Armstrong and he is doing it again. You would think a coach that has played in that position when he played hockey would know better. and why wasn't gillies in the shoot out, Lorne acts like the shoot out is a novelty for the players. Gillies is second to non in the shoot out and maybe could have won it for us or at least keeped us in it. I am starting to wonder if Lorne needs to re think some of things here!

Blades 4 Life!
10-13-2006, 11:37 PM
That is strange....Holtby plays one hell of a game and them sits......Gillies scores one heck of a nice goal in the shotout and then hes not in the shotout the game after. Don Cherry always says something like this Never break up a line that had sucess the game before. why does Molleken go against that. Whenever someone has a good game he changes up the lin or for Gillies he doesnt let him play the shotout. "When something works, don't mess with it!"

GBG BLEED BLUE
10-13-2006, 11:47 PM
well at least the Blades came away with one point and Neufeld was in net,(so I think the game would have been better if Holtby was in net),but congrats to Neufeld,he played good. I hope Holtby starts tommorow. With a healthy team now,I think they should do better,I hope. Tommorow should be a good game and hopefully more fans show up :thumb: .

Flathead
10-14-2006, 12:01 AM
I have to aggree with you, we dont have enought fans coming out and supporting our team. after traveling to medicine hat and watching how much their fans are into the games just suprised me. But i think if you had a smaller arena that it would seem like with have loud fans and that its busy every game. But its also easier having a smaller arena cause it sounds loud but in a big arena, its hard to get a loud chant going unless you have alot of ppl but on weekends and the playoffs it get louder and busier.
I agree that the large arena takes away from the atmosphere of the game, but you have a city of 200000 plus surrounding area, you should be able to get some more fans to the games. If you could pack the rink in Toon town it would be a great place to watch a game. It's good now just a little quiet.

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
10-14-2006, 06:28 AM
-Thank the heavens Barnes, Setoguchi, and Rabbit are no longer with the Blades, those guys were killers against us last yeat

- Wow, is Klotz ever a force to be reckoned with. He laid out a huge hit on Rumsey early in the first right in front of us and laid out checks for a good portion of the game.

- The Blades offence got some good help from Bronco giveaways in their goals. Otherwise Yonkman looked solid in net.

- Neufeld seemed very shaky, giving up some big rebounds and making some clumsy plays. He's lucky the post and cross bar were there at the right times, as the score could have been a good bit higher in Swift Current's favour.

- Is it possible that Byblow may be one of the best ref's in the league right now? The man let the game flow fairly well, and aside from one penalty against Rakos late in the third, made very few questionable calls. Having the one man system back for a game was a breath of fresh air.

Should be good to see how the season series turns out.

wango tango
10-14-2006, 01:52 PM
Why do you guy's think Holtby didn't get the start. This pisses me off big time. Holtby wins us the games the other night and gets rewarded, by sitting out next game why does Lorne do this! he did it last year with Anton and Armstrong and he is doing it again. You would think a coach that has played in that position when he played hockey would know better. and why wasn't gillies in the shoot out, Lorne acts like the shoot out is a novelty for the players. Gillies is second to non in the shoot out and maybe could have won it for us or at least keeped us in it. I am starting to wonder if Lorne needs to re think some of things here!

why didn't holtby start? he's 17. this is his first year in the league. it's a 72 games long season. that's a lot of hockey. the team is playing four games in seven days. give him all the starts early on and he'll be burned out down the stretch when he's really needed.

neufeld played in the central last season so he saw a lot of the broncos and would hopefully know them better, than a still green, yes talented, but inexperienced holtby. you have to get neufeld some minutes and this was the perfect opportunity, on the road, against a team he should be familiar with.

molleken has made no secret of the fact that everybody will play in all situations. i assume this would also include the shootout. you have to get these youngsters experience. the first part of the season is going to be filled with growing pains. if this blades team can be around .500 at the start of the second half, with the effort they are showing right now, they have the potential to surprise.

i used to believe blades fans were more knowledgeable about the game, apparently i was wrong. the team just took a point out of somebody else's barn. yes it would have been great to get the win, moral victories don't count for anything in the standings, but focus on the positives because there are some to take out of this one.

another big test tonight against brandon. i'll be surprised if holtby doesn't get the start tonight, and it'll be a toss up against lethbridge between him and neufeld.

early on blades fans should be encouraged by the effort. with a better powerplay, if they can find more goal scoring, more shots on net, the wins will come.

ProStaff
10-14-2006, 11:07 PM
were you trying to insult me wango! Facts are this Holtby was awsome against the ice and should have started in Swift, regardless of his age. Neufield will hurt the Blades this year, he isn't a good Goaltender at all. And This is the WHL not a feel good reck team were everyone gets a turn! Gillies should be in every shoot-out! WHY! because he scores almost every time! I thought the whole goal of Hockey is to win! is it not Wango? I think Lorne and you need to re- think some things, because to Blades fans, its a no Brainer, just like how Lorne and Brodski ripped us off with that dumb trade to the PG. This team needs Seto!

10-15-2006, 05:36 AM
Amen to everything you just said, you summarized my thoughts on this season into that paragraph, that was a terrible trade to PG and the Bldes could have gotten more for him, but i think trading him was a gimmy, and Gillies should be in every shootout not Dustin Cameron in his third season just scoring his first WHL goal last night, and someone started a thread saying how much these 2 gamers ment, and the Blades lost them both due to starting our crappy backyp??? what is that we needed to win those games and we lost both, sure at least we go 1 point but thats not good enough, but whatever im done.

howley
10-15-2006, 11:48 AM
you haters. Do you actually think Molleken's intentions are to make the team lose? Give me a break. Wango is exactly right about Holtby. He is 17 and will not play all 72 games. When he is 18 it will be the same. 19, 20, same thing. Brodeur is the only goalie that plays every game possible. You are going to see Neufeld this year. Question is, would you rather see peeters or neufeld? As far as the shootout stuff. I am pretty sure none of us go to practice and watch the guys fool around in the shootouts after. Lorne see's that stuff and is going to make a decision based on that. Yes Gillies has some nice moves but he's been stopped to. I don't question a man who spends every single day with the team and knows them inside and out. Seto trade, do you really think they could get more than 2 first round picks? Cause everyone around me says no. plus he would not fit in with the team on the ice this year that the Blades have. He had to go and I am pretty sure the Blades were not offered Holzapel and a first rounder or something. I think everyone expected because we gave up a star to get a star in return. It was never going to happen.

wango tango
10-15-2006, 09:39 PM
were you trying to insult me wango! Facts are this Holtby was awsome against the ice and should have started in Swift, regardless of his age. Neufield will hurt the Blades this year, he isn't a good Goaltender at all. And This is the WHL not a feel good reck team were everyone gets a turn! Gillies should be in every shoot-out! WHY! because he scores almost every time! I thought the whole goal of Hockey is to win! is it not Wango? I think Lorne and you need to re- think some things, because to Blades fans, its a no Brainer, just like how Lorne and Brodski ripped us off with that dumb trade to the PG. This team needs Seto!

no insult prostaff. the blades should start holtby for every game that's left, now, immediately, until the end of the season. you think neufeld will hurt the blades? how much more will it hurt when holtby runs out of gas and neufeld has to carry the mail for whatever is left of the season at that point?

and the whl not being a rec league. really? i'm shocked i thought after all these years i was watching the podunk all starz or walla walla 5 pins.

the goal is to win, but they won't be able to do that if they don't know what their doing, for example on the penalty kill or shootout. how do they learn to do that? by playing, making mistakes, and learning from them. this will make for growing pains right now, however if this team is around .500 going into the second half they could surprise. they need better power play production to make it happen.

as far as the seto trade. time will tell. the team made out pretty well getting two first round players, for a rent a player who will play no where near a full season in p.g. if elliott turns out to be the player he is projected to be the blades already have a great deal. if p.g. after losing a lot of players next year doesn't do so well, then the 2008 first round pick will be a high one. this just adds to the deal.