PDA

View Full Version : Blades vs Wheat Kings

Goblades26
10-14-2006, 02:55 PM
This should be a very intreguing game tonite! Plante vs Holtby!!! Shoudl be a very good goalie duel, especially if the Blades can put up more shots on Plante. In a way, the Blades are very much like the Wheat Kings team that won the Eastern Division in 2005, a younger team that rode the strengths of a rookie goalie. Holtby has been spectacular for the Blades, as Plante was that year. Not saying the Blades can replicate the feat the Wheaties did, but, as has become obvious to those who follow the Blue and White, Holtby shoudl likely steal alot of games for the team thise year, (See Wednesday night vs. Ice)

Also the returns of both Rastislav Konecny and Ryan Menei was good to see last night, as their offence will be greatly welcomed back. Konecny had 2 goals last night!!

So excitedly looking forward to tonites game!! See you all there!

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
10-14-2006, 03:42 PM
yes it should be a good matchup, Menei awsnt playing in last nights game was he?, anyways the Blades as you said do need to put more shots on the net, and what you mean by Plante played very well in the 04-05 season thats what i think the Blades did the very next year with Anton Khudobin who i miss very much, i dont know why he would go back to Russia when his future seems so bright here in Saskatoon and im Minnisoda, but i wont be goign to the game tonight but i will be listening to Les. :thumb:

Goblades26
10-14-2006, 04:02 PM
Khudobin could have been good here if he stuck another year, I agree. However, I found him to be inconsistant. I actually just moved to Saskatoon last Spring, but saw a few of Antons games when the Blades visited the team in the city I moved from, and in those games he did not play well. However, he sure did some good things in the playoffs.

Blades 4 Life!
10-14-2006, 05:57 PM
if the Blades put up more shots then the Wheat Kings i think the Blades will win but if they dont i think it will be a pretty even match up but i'm just on my way to the game! GoBladesGo