PDA

View Full Version : Pats vs Broncos

patsfan33
10-14-2006, 11:40 PM
5 point night for N.Ross with two goals and three assists....that first snipe...sick, just sick...not to mention he hit better than Snellman tonight woo!...sitting out a couple game may have been what Ross needed.....what a night for that kid, first star hands down

Tartaglione...so i was so busy telling everyone about this water bottle thing that I totally missed it...well i turned back just in time to see him pick the bloody thing up out of the net...ugh..i was so mad

...and that tender definately gets himself involved in the play...scared me tonight at times...and maybe its just me, but he flops around in the net a bit more than i'd like...the Broncos were never really able to get off any decent shots so i don't know what would have happened if they had been able to but i'm a little bit skeptical about this one...i dunno its been one game...i won't form any opinions just yet

Kudo's to Teubert for laying down the law at the end of the game....Reinhart...uh...take notes

Big 4pt win for us tonight...still sittin atop the East :groovy:

....definately lookin forward to the game in the Jaw tomorrow :laugh:

Big Daddy
10-14-2006, 11:53 PM
Yes, Tommy T. is a flopper, a twister, and generally unorthodox. But he manages to keep the puck put of the net if the d-men do their jobs and clear those rebounds. Hey, it makes for an exciting watch!

Good to see Tommy finally get a chance to play this year.

Wow, Ross was catchin' tonight! Good to see in his draft year. You mentioned he was scratched a few games, was it just lack of effort or something else?

patsfan33
10-15-2006, 12:10 AM
lack of effort was pretty much it, he was decently impressive in the preseason action, but once the regular season commenced, it looked like he was doing the bare minimum out there (although at times the whole team seemed to have "caught" whatever N.Ross had)...Hunt basically stated that he believed Ross has the ability to be one of the top 5 blueliners in the league and was obviously playing nowhere near those standards, sitting him was a wake up call, he expected better and made sure that Ross understood that he wasn't going to settle for anything less

....i believe we witnessed the results of that little wake up call tonight

Big Daddy
10-15-2006, 12:18 AM
Thanks for reply. It sounds like it, just in time since it is his draft year. The W sure has some top end blueliners for this years draft. How does Alzner look, I haven't seen him yet?

Fight Guy
10-15-2006, 01:36 PM
I enjoyed this game. The Pats really picked it up as the game went on.

First...Tartaglione. Missed his bottle thing at the beginning, but caught it after the second...though I never saw him talking to it lol. Anyway, he is certainly much different than most other goalies...especially in Regina. At first, I was a bit worried with the way he flopped around, but I kept in mind what he has done in the past, and I eased up after. But when he was playng the puck, I only got worried the first time, then I realized he knows what he was doing. After one game...I love his play. I love when goalies play the puck...and he plays the puck every chance he gets. He got a great stretch pass out to Festerling in the 1st, but Festerling was too infront of it, and went in offside. I'm gonna say it now, if he gets the chance int the future, I can see him scoring a goal this year if there is an empty net and enough time. He has such a great shot with the goalie stick. Though it's been one game...I think the Pats are set in goal! :thumb:

FIGHTS!!!!!

YAY! Havent seen too many of these yet.

Reinhart vs Benke
I didnt know what to really think once the two dropped there gloves and set up. I expected Reinhart to hold on for the ride, but he actaully did quite well from what he had done in the past. I cant rememeber the fight exactly, but Reinhart held in till his jersey popped over his head and couldnt see. But I dont think Ive seen him actaully fight yet. Maybe cause of his wrist being better now, but either way, I was happy to see him actaully fight. The win defiently goes to Benke though as he got 2-3x more shots that Reinhart.

Teubert vs Wudrick
Teubert took the spotlight for this whole tussle. In the dying seconds, Teubert left the box and went straight to the play in the Pats corner. He was a decent bit away when the buzzer sounded, but he didnt stop, and lined up a Bronco player and smoked at the boards. The buzzer had gone, so it was on. Everyone was in the mix but only two came out fighting. Reinhart got a roughing an 10min mis, but I didnt see what he did. I couldnt really see the fight well as it was in the corner out of my vision, but I saw the start and Teubert was giving it to him. When the refs and linesmen were trying to keep everyone else out of it and getting them to their benches, they realized that all four of them were doing this, and left Teubert in the corner, free to continue to beat the living piss out of Wudrick. When they realized, they skated over and Teubert got up and skated to the bench. As Wudrick skated past to leave the ice, he a bloody nose and im guessing a cut somewhere on his forehead as there was blood coming down there too. Win to Teubert.
I know what he did obviously wasnt the smartest thing...BUT I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!! What he did was quite cheap, but he didnt hit him to injure or anything like that, but I think he knew it would probably start somehting. Cant say I want him to do it in the future, but that was a great ending for Pats fans. Dont now what triggered him to do it, but it could have been because of...

THE HANSON BROTHERS!!!

What a treat to have them in attendance. It was great to see the stars of one of my favourite all time movies! And boy did they put on a show.

When the playrs came on, they introduced them, and on they skated in full Chiefs gear...much like as they did in Slap Shot. they skated with the Pats, then lined up on the blue line for O Canada in place of the REAL starting forwards. After O Canada, they lined up against the Broncos, where they then proceeded to knock down the ref a couple times and they took the puck to the Broncos goal, where one of them skated across and punched backup Travis Yonkman knocking his helmet off and sending him to the ice. They then lined-up classicly infront of the net, and scored. The ref waved it off, and they threw him to the ice again. they then dropped their golves and called on the Broncos bench. After that, they skated by the Pats bench and gave them all fives, and they left the ice doing there classic wave.

I did not expect ANYTHING like that when I heard the Hansons were going to be there, but boy they put on a great show, and same to Yonkman who did a great job pretending to be punched in the head. Looked great.

And during the first intermission, they came out dressed again being pulled by ski ropes behind the zamboni and did some laps to entertain again. Was quite the treat!!!

Oh yeah, and the Pats took it to the Broncos 6-2. So many nice goals by the Pats tonight too. I want to see more of it throughout the rest of the season. If they can do that, who needs a sniper?

And sorry Deck...but I didnt miss you.

Bran
10-15-2006, 08:03 PM
This kid wasn't kidding when he said he likes to play the puck...I like it!! It will likely take some getting used to for the rest of the guys, though they didn't appear to have any trouble adjusting last night. His playing the puck didn't worry me at all because he really appears to know what he's doing. There seems to be a method to his madness.

I soo wanted to see Nick Ross with a hat trick. (I don't recall ever seeing a defenseman with a hat trick!) Ah well. My friend came with me to the game last night, and she hasn't been to a game since a friend of ours was playing on a visiting team two years ago, so it was the first time she'd seen him play, and he's her new favourite player. Haha.

And fights! Not many of those around here lately. I like a good fight once in awhile so that was good for me.

All around...GOOD GAME!!!

nivek_wahs
10-17-2006, 07:17 AM
I was going to do a recap but after reading what was already posted I didn't feel it was necessary to basically say the same things over again. But I do have a comment or 2.

Kudo's to Teubert for laying down the law at the end of the game....Reinhart...uh...take notesReinhart/Benke fight was a really good fight. Benke was looking to scrap the whole game and even tried to get Snellman to drop the mitts (Snellman is a smart guy). Benke took a run at a Pat player and Reinhart stood up for his teammate. To the fight... Benke might have hit Reinhart 3 or 4 times at the most... he was swinging and not connecting. Reinhart connected with a nice uppercut that made Benke's head pop back. Then the jersey came over Reinhart's head and Benke got a couple of shots in before the linesmen got involved. Decision: Draw.

And sorry Deck...but I didnt miss you.I hate to say it but I agree with you.

Overall a very good and exciting game.

---I will post my thoughts about the Hurricanes/Pats game on Saturday. Just didn't feel like it this time... :thumb:

CrazyGeorge
10-17-2006, 09:09 AM
Benke won that fight hands down!! A couple good shots? Not sure if we were watching the same scrap but I'd say Karl got several more in than what Reinhart got in especially that upper cut at the end of the match!!

dodywood4ever
10-18-2006, 04:42 PM
Benke won that fight hands down!! A couple good shots? Not sure if we were watching the same scrap but I'd say Karl got several more in than what Reinhart got in especially that upper cut at the end of the match!!

Benke would have to be on horse tranqs to fight that punching bag to a draw. At least we know to take this guys fight re-caps 4 what they are worth. But at least he wrote something. Couldn't find **** about this fight on the Bronco forum.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-18-2006, 05:21 PM
I have to agree, Reinhart did get his ass handed to him in that fight. He has the guts but thats it.

Bran
10-18-2006, 09:26 PM
Benke won, no doubt, but that's not saying much in this case. Benke only landed 3 or 4 punches...Reinhart, 1 or 2 (it was awhile ago, so not clear in my mind). 2 big guys like that you'd expect a good fight! But then...Reinhart, so, yeah I guess that's what you get.

patsdude114
10-18-2006, 10:45 PM
the reinhart fight was a draw until reinharts jersey came over his head....not sure if uve ever been in a hockey fight before but when that jersey comes over ur head u better hold u can find his arms to tie the guy up or ur going to get fed till the refs stop him...... ive been on both ends of a fight where the jersey comes over the guys head....believe me not fun when it happens to u