PDA

View Full Version : Good Start to Road Trip

PGFlyfisher
10-15-2006, 11:08 AM
I hope I don' t jinx the boys, but they' re off to a great start to this 6 game in 9 night road trip. Against some mighty good teams I might add. Finishing the trip .500 or better would be sweet!

Going 3 for 3 on the Power Play last night was awesome!
But once again, it does beg the age old question: "How can one team get 11 power play opportunities and the other team only gets 3 chances?" Was it deserved or was the ref somewhat biased? I listened to it on the radio so have to rely on the PBP' s own opinion. Did anyone watch the game? :confused:

Sput
10-15-2006, 08:27 PM
Sure....way to go, ya jinxed them. :burningma

KIDDING! any time a team has to play three games in three nights against the likes of the Hat, Lethbridge, and the Ice, its going to be tough to come out with three wins. Sounded like they played well tonight though. Out shot again, but not necessarily out played. I missed the first period, but from what the pbp guy said the reffing was brutally inconistant giving the Ice so many chances, and a 5 on 3, early in the game leading to the lopsided shot totals.

Time for a couple days off and regrouping to beat up on Kelowna on Wed. Might have Vandynhuven back either for Wed or at least one of the Tri Cities games. That should take a little pressure off the defense. With Chris coming back so soon from a broken hand and surgery, it makes me wonder if Dudas really wants to play the game at all.

PGFlyfisher
10-15-2006, 09:45 PM
Yup. Sure does look like I did jinx them. :eek:

No doubt the boys were a little tired. 3 tough teams in 3 nights! A couple of days off should do them good.

Hopefully Vanduynhoven can get in the game at Kelowna.

As for Dudas, and maybe I' m wrong but, I thought the hold up was due to Columbus. He is supposed to be heading down there this week for clearance from their doctors. Might be a while before he' s in any kind of game shape though!

smileyjones
10-16-2006, 09:50 AM
Dudas has pins in his hand and he can't play until they're out, which Vanduynhoven never did. Give the guy a break (no pun intended)

Sput
10-16-2006, 12:25 PM
Vandynhuven does have pins in his hand, but they are of the type that will stay in and not have to be removed....at least for now.