PDA

View Full Version : ADT Can./Russia Cahllenge Sites

Tipped Off
10-16-2006, 03:21 PM
Chilliwack and Kamloops to host ADT Canada Russia Challenge

10/16/06 - Western Hockey League (WHL) Chilliwack Bruins

CALGARY, AB - The Western Hockey League Chilliwack Bruins and Kamloops Blazers announce tickets sale dates for the 2006 ADT Canada Russia Challenge Western Canada games to be hosted in Chilliwack and Kamloops, BC. The Chilliwack Bruins will play host to the first game of the two WHL games in the series on Wednesday, November 29th at Prospera Center in Chilliwack. The Kamloops Blazers will host the Russia Selects and Team WHL in the final game of the tour on Thursday, November 30th at the Interior Savings Center. The puck drops for both games at 7:00pm.

Tickets will go on sale for the November 29th ADT Canada Russia Challenge Game, hosted by the Chilliwack Bruins, on Wednesday October 18th at 10am at the Prospera Centre Box Office for Bruins season ticket holders. This exclusive presale for season ticket holders will continue until October 30th. Tickets will go on sale, in Chilliwack, to the general public on November 1st at 10am.

An exclusive presale opportunity is also available to Kamloops Blazers season ticket holders for the November 30th ADT Canada Russia Challenge Game from October 16 to October 30, 2006. Sales for the general public in Kamloops will commence on October 31st.

Ticket prices for both games in Chilliwack and Kamloops are $20 for adults and $15 for students, children and seniors.

"I am honored that the WHL has offered us such an exciting opportunity to host this world class event. Our fans have been tremendous thus far throughout the Fraser Valley and they deserve this reward," stated Chilliwack Bruins President Darryl Porter. "We will be witnessing many of the players who will be playing for Team Canada and Russia in the World Junior Championship over the Christmas holidays."

"Fans in Kamloops can expect a skilled, intense, fast-paced game between two rival hockey nations," says Kamloops Blazers General Manager and Head Coach Dean Clark. "Once again, we look forward to the traditionally solid support from the city and our fans here in Canada's Tournament Capital."

The two games hosted by the WHL are part of a six game series which will be played across the Canadian Hockey League. The series opens on November 20th when the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies host the touring Russian Selects in the first of two games for the QMJHL. The series then travels to the Ontario Hockey League for two games before concluding in British Columbia.

The entire six game series of the ADT Canada Russia Challenge will be televised nation-wide on Rogers Sportsnet while RDS will present both QMJHL match-ups.

To purchase tickets please contact the Chilliwack Bruins box office at 604.702.0062 or for the game in Kamloops, please call the Blazers box office at 250-828-3339.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-16-2006, 03:47 PM
I hope that they try something else instead of this next time. I would much rather see a whl vs ohl vs qmjhl clash instead.

wango tango
10-16-2006, 03:56 PM
it's a lot of fun to see the whl stars together. here's hoping the russians send a more talented squad this year than they have the last couple. it takes away a lot when you consider the dubbers are playing a mediocre russian team sprinkled with a couple of good players.

Carebear
10-16-2006, 04:06 PM
Confused.

So will the Russian team play in Chilliwack or just Kamloops?

Coyote14
10-16-2006, 04:12 PM
They'll play in both arenas.

In Chilliwack on Nov.29 and in Kamloops on Nov.30.

langdak
10-16-2006, 04:13 PM
Confused.

So will the Russian team play in Chilliwack or just Kamloops?

I didnt think the article was that difficult to read

It clearly states 2 games are being played

Nov 29th in Chilliwack

Nov 30th in Kamloops

Carebear
10-16-2006, 04:42 PM
I was having a brain fart.
Chill please.

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
10-16-2006, 04:48 PM
I hope that they try something else instead of this next time. I would much rather see a whl vs ohl vs qmjhl clash instead.

Ya that would be nice to see all three leagues clashing together insted of the old Canada Vs Russia, that old thing ended 1972 haha

GF71
10-16-2006, 04:53 PM
I was having a brain fart.
Chill please.

Just one?? ahahahaha :p

Carebear
10-16-2006, 07:20 PM
Just one?? ahahahaha :p

Hey, I'm partially blonde, cut me some slack!

Tidball
10-16-2006, 10:52 PM
The team WHL vs the Russia B team is a fun game. Too bad Russia doesnt send its best players.

The_Vulk
10-17-2006, 06:09 PM
Ya that would be nice to see all three leagues clashing together insted of the old Canada Vs Russia, that old thing ended 1972 haha
I agree.

Seeing the stars of each of the three CHL leagues in a semilar tournament would help in bringing competition and more face recognition. The Junior Worlds and Memorial Cup Tournament, and the Sunday game of the week does showcase some, but IMO, not enough.

dondo
10-17-2006, 06:13 PM
I think considering the problems with the Russian hockey federation it should be the Canada/Czech Rep challenge -- we seem to have more Czech players in the dub than any other country

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
10-17-2006, 06:56 PM
Yes like Bohdan Visnak of the Blades he would be fun to see in that game with the C Republic

RunTheGoalie
10-17-2006, 07:41 PM
Having been to two of these, I have to say I like them. They can be fun.

And while the Russians dont really send their best over, some of the players they do send are fairly good. The goalie who made something like 50 saves against the WHL in Calgary in 2003 comes immediately to mind.

Incidentally results of the first three tournaments:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADT_Canada-Russia_Challenge