PDA

View Full Version : Raiders Release Deckert

Beaner
10-17-2006, 11:47 AM
from, www.whl.ca

Raiders Release Deckert
Created: Oct 17, 2006
Prince Albert, Saskatchewan – The Prince Albert Raiders announced this morning they have released 20 year-old goaltender Jesse Deckert from their roster.

The Raiders had until today to decide on three 20 year-olds after A.J.Thelen was returned from the Houston Aeros of the American Hockey League Oct.3.

WHL rules state teams have 14 days after the return of their last 20 year-old to declare three for their roster.

Thelen, Mike Hellyer and Cole Simpson will constitute the Raiders three 20 year-olds for the 2006-07 season. The Raiders have 24 players on their roster – 2 goaltenders, 8 defencemen and 14 forwards.

“This has been a very difficult decision”, said Raider General Manager Donn Clark. “All 4 of our 20 year-olds are top players and we wish we could have then all. We would like to thank Jesse for his efforts as a Raider and wish him the best of luck with his future.”

Deckert was added by the Raiders October 31, 2005 from Salmon Arm (BCHL). In 2005-06 Deckert appeared in 44 games for the Raiders compiling a GAA of 2.70, Save Percentage of .909 and record of 19-20-1-2 with 3 shut outs. Deckert took third place in the Raiders Molson Cup Three Stars promotion for 05-06.

This season, after attending the Nashville Predators NHL Training Camp in late September, Deckert has appeared in 5 games with a GAA of 4.03, Save Percentage of .888 and record of 1-3-1-0.

The Raiders goaltending tandem will be 17 year-olds David Aime and Tyler Esau.

Raiderfan_19A
10-21-2006, 12:58 PM
Is was sooooo arrogant.

Come down from cloud 9 and act human...after all where are you now?

Hopefully Salmon Arm again.

Zookeeper
10-21-2006, 01:54 PM
Hopefully Salmon Arm again.[/QUOTE]

This is where he ended up (Salmon Arm). It was in the PA Herald today.

Dwight Schrute
10-21-2006, 02:01 PM
well i said it before and im happy he is gone. yes we got nothing for him but we didnt pay anything to get him either

Rattlesnake
10-21-2006, 06:28 PM
This is where he ended up (Salmon Arm). It was in the PA Herald today.

It is on the Salmon Arm website:

Jesse is back as a 'back!
October 20th, 2006: Jesse Deckert is returning to the BCHL to play for the SilverBacks. He will be in Salmon Arm Sunday night and will have a possible start on Wednesday against Westside.

nivek_wahs
10-24-2006, 02:44 AM
For anyone who cares... Here is Deckert's BCHL profile: http://www.bchl.bc.ca/leagues/rosters_profile.cfm?clientID=1413&leagueID=2393&teamID=92107&playerID=125304&pos=G

As of me posting this he has played 1 game; 1 Win a 3.00 GAA and a .914 SV%.

Sabes
11-13-2006, 08:45 PM
Deckert gone AWOL

http://bchl.bc.ca/leagues/suspension_report.cfm?leagueid=2393&clientid=1413&link=bchl

some rumblings that he may be headed back here or possibly the OHL or QMJHL

Zookeeper
11-13-2006, 11:40 PM
I was always against letting him go, I would scoop him up to give our young goalies some help. Simpson would be the odd man out.

Knuckle Chucker
11-14-2006, 08:10 PM
I was always against letting him go, I would scoop him up to give our young goalies some help. Simpson would be the odd man out.

Jesse is back and Simpson is the odd man out. They will make it official on Wednesday.

Dwight Schrute
11-14-2006, 10:38 PM
Jesse is back and Simpson is the odd man out. They will make it official on Wednesday.
damn, id rather stick with esau and aime

whos is the odd goalie out knucklechucker ?

Bran
11-14-2006, 10:46 PM

What an odd situation. I really don't know what else to say about that.

Doogie_T-BirdsFan
11-15-2006, 10:09 AM
the raiders player transactions are a joke. Fire Clark already. Who gets rid of a 20 year old goalie for rookies. Boogaard'd And now to bring him back cause we're losing total horse ****. Clark thinks he can bring in one guy and everything will be fixed, ya right. We need some more guys that can score. And to see everyone healthy and back playing.So who is done now simpson and essau? Clark needs to get some guys on the team that give a **** past the trading deadline cause all he gotten is guys that play till they don't think or can't get traded and thats it they don't contribute to the team anymore.

Knuckle Chucker
11-15-2006, 10:44 AM

That I don't know

Five Hole
11-15-2006, 03:40 PM
Anyone heard any official release on this scoop yet? I guess we'll see if Simpson's in the lineup tonight or not. What about AJ, he had a bad knee the other night, wonder if he's playing?

What, 5 straight losses (or is it 6?) and Med Hat tonight...yikes! I guess I'd like to believe that the guys are giving their best effort out there, but they either don't have the experience at this level yet, or in some cases, the talent... whatever, they're just not gelling out there... at this rate, can we stay ahead of Saskatoon and MJ?
so, is it coaching? is it scouting? ie) are other teams picking better at the bantam draft? It's always a bit of a crapshoot pickin' 14 year olds, but some teams seem to get better results, I guess... :confused:

clockwise
11-15-2006, 04:48 PM
why would clark shop Esau. He's going to go back to the bcjhl play more become a better goalie and be back here next season. Welcome back Deckert we need you. nuff said.

Five Hole
11-15-2006, 05:55 PM
That'd be nice, but what GM is gonna do that. We'd probably have to give up a heck of a lot more than a goalie with Esau's stats to get a proven goal scorer, don't you think?

Five Hole
11-15-2006, 07:15 PM
They (Knoblauch) just confirmed on the radio broadcast that Simpson has been released. This will allow Vann and Malone to get in more games and get a little more ice.

Zookeeper
11-15-2006, 10:14 PM
Deckert was in the stands tonight at the game, I would guess Esua is out after his play tonight. He Played horrible tonight.

Dwight Schrute
11-15-2006, 10:27 PM
this is the good word guys

deckert is back, salmon arm wont release him, i am unsure of how those transactions work. salmon arm wants something for him (not sure what), possibility of esau going there to get a heavy workload is the most likely story.(he is a BC boy also)
i still cant belive they would bring back deckert though. doesnt the kid have any pride left ? the deckert we saw so far this year isnt as good as last year, and deckert didnt exactly light it up in bc either

Dwight Schrute
11-15-2006, 10:28 PM
Deckert was in the stands tonight at the game, I would guess Esua is out after his play tonight. He Played horrible tonight.
the defense played even worse. id rather keep esau and aime then bring back deckert

Knuckle Chucker
11-15-2006, 10:37 PM
the defense played even worse. id rather keep esau and aime then bring back deckert

I don't know about that. Esau let out some big rebounds and was not able to stop the 2nd shot.

FELIX17
11-15-2006, 10:45 PM
With this whole Deckert fiasco, Clark should be fired. He's an embarrassment. Esau is not ready to play in this league. Clark/Anholt should have recognized this early on. After going through this a number of years ago, Clark/Anholt should have learned from it and gone with an experienced netminder and a rookie. These two guys have been thrown to the wolves. Deckert should have never been released in the first place. Clark needs to go. I walk around the rink and you hear alot of people upset about this team. The fans of PA deserve better and now with this Deckert situation, Clark is making this team a joke. Hopefully now with McFee as the President he will realize it's time for Clark to hit the road.

Dwight Schrute
11-15-2006, 10:47 PM
I don't know about that. Esau let out some big rebounds and was not able to stop the 2nd shot.
hows his confidence knowing there is last seasons starter in the stands wanting his job, and clark brought him back from bv to take someones job

Knuckle Chucker
11-15-2006, 11:04 PM
hows his confidence knowing there is last seasons starter in the stands wanting his job, and clark brought him back from bv to take someones job

Fair enough

raider guy
11-15-2006, 11:15 PM
A little off topic here, but i think we should get rid of palazzo the kid looks like he doesnt want to be here i have seen house league players ,play with more heart then palazzo.

Bran
11-15-2006, 11:37 PM
this is the good word guys

deckert is back, salmon arm wont release him, i am unsure of how those transactions work. salmon arm wants something for him (not sure what), possibility of esau going there to get a heavy workload is the most likely story.(he is a BC boy also)
i still cant belive they would bring back deckert though. doesnt the kid have any pride left ? the deckert we saw so far this year isnt as good as last year, and deckert didnt exactly light it up in bc either
I don't see it so much as not having pride. Maybe it's more of a 'told you so' kind of move. He wants to be in the WHL, always did. This kid has been messed with for years. The Pats messed around with him then sent him to the MJHL and when they needed a goalie later on that season, Deckert came back to help them out. He wasn't happy about it, but he said that he felt he needed to be in this league, and he would do what he needed to do. I think he got a raw deal from the start. I don't know about Deckert, but it kind of makes the management look like a joke.

westbeach55
11-16-2006, 12:13 AM
shows what kind of goalie he is to come back to the raiders, im glad that he is back with the team simpson was playing like **** and the young goalies couldn't quite handle it yet. aime has been the better of the two young goalies

Five Hole
11-16-2006, 06:19 AM
Yea, goaltending's looking to be a real issue these days. After last night we've got the most goals against in the league.
I agree Esau looked bad from the start last night. But, speaking of having your confidence shaken a bit, how about last weekend. Anholt was right pi$$ed about Aime's play in Lethbridge and pulled him at the end of the second. He was commenting on air before the Hitmen game about how we gotta start making some saves so we at least give the team a chance. Then Esau gets lit up and Anholt hangs him out to dry for all 8 goals. I guess Anholt's pride wouldn't let him put Aime back in no matter what.
Not sure Deckert's the answer, and given the way we get outplayed every night I don't know who is. But pucks seem to be going in from everywhere. They gotta find a way to play together a whole lot better and somehow turn it around. I know you can only play a period at a time, but everybody's confidence has got to be pretty shaky by now.... and it's gotta start against the Blades on Friday.

Tipped Off
11-16-2006, 04:53 PM
http://www.paherald.sk.ca/news.aspx?StoryID=53033

Deckert returning to Raiders?

Jesse Deckert is back with the Prince Albert Raiders.
Sort of.

It’s news that might excite the Raiders’ faithful, but has left the 20-year-old goalie’s soon-to-be former team, the junior A Salmon Arm Silverbacks of the British Columbia Hockey League, reeling.

“I guess it came to my knowledge Sunday that he was going to be leaving us,” Silverbacks head coach Ty Davidson said Wednesday, noting he has no hard feelings toward the Raiders over the move.

“I understand where P.A. is coming from, because they’re struggling and we understand that they’re just doing what they have to do.”

“But it was kind of a shock to us. It blindsided us. Jesse was going to be a big part of things here.”

The tentativeness of Deckert’s return, and the fact that the Raiders have yet to officially announce the move, stems from the fact that Deckert reportedly signed an agreement with the Silverbacks stating he would be with the team until season’s end.

In leaving the B.C. club, Deckert has essentially broken a contract, says Davidson, leading the team to suspend Deckert indefinitely.

“We’re looking for some form of compensation,” said Davidson. “For us to get a new starting goalie in here is going to cost us a lot of money. So we’re holding his release until we get compensated, whether that’s in the form of money, another player, or something else.”

It’s a suspension the WHL is honouring while working with both parties to resolve the situation as quickly as possible, said the WHL’s director of hockey operations Richard Doerksen.

“We do honour each other’s suspensions,” Doerksen said of the four provincial hockey associations governing junior A teams in the provinces where the WHL operates.

“The teams are continuing to correspond on the matter, and likewise the league offices are continuing to do the same as well, in hopes of getting this thing resolved.”

Deckert was released by the Raiders on Oct. 17 — the team’s deadline to pare down to the WHL-mandated three over-age players.

Deckert then returned to the Silverbacks, where he played before being signed by the Raiders before the 2005-06 campaign.

But the Raiders have struggled in goal this season.

Rookies David Aime and Tyler Esau both sport goals-against averages of more than 4.00 and the team had given up at least five goals in eight of its last nine games, including Wednesday’s home-ice loss to the Medicine Hat Tigers.

Doerksen added that while there are no problems with a team altering its over-age contingent during the season, the Raiders will have to release one of their current 20-year-olds before Deckert can be added to the roster.

While no announcement has been made regarding the team’s over-age situation, all signs seem to indicate defenceman Cole Simpson, acquired prior to the season, will be the odd man out.

Simpson was not in the lineup Wednesday and was stripped of his assistant captaincy prior to the game. Defenceman A.J. Thelen, also 20, has been named as Simpson’s replacement.

Citing sensitivity issues, Deckert and Raiders general manager Donn Clark both declined comment on the issue.

Dwight Schrute
11-16-2006, 08:04 PM
if salmon arm is wanting a starting goalie. aime cant go to the bchl till next year (i believe mjhl only) and esau can play in the bchl (due to the fact he is from bc).
see the eric gryba issue and why he went to the ushl last year.

the writing on the wall says esau will go there.

Doogie_T-BirdsFan
11-17-2006, 09:32 AM
Sounds like a good idea if they have to reassign a goalie. Why not send Essau to the silverbacks then they get a goalie and their "compensation". hes a bc kid anyway. he will gain the experience to be a better goalie next year.

Wildeyes
11-18-2006, 10:18 PM
Hate to say i told u so about it Deckert should of not been relased in teh first place why would any body have to 17 yr olds as ur goalies for the yr. yahoo

nivek_wahs
11-18-2006, 10:41 PM
Sounds like a good idea if they have to reassign a goalie. Why not send Essau to the silverbacks then they get a goalie and their "compensation". hes a bc kid anyway. he will gain the experience to be a better goalie next year.I think it would all depend on who owns his Junior A rights. Most likely it would be a BC team but who knows.

nivek_wahs
11-18-2006, 10:43 PM
Hate to say i told u so about it Deckert should of not been relased in teh first place why would any body have to 17 yr olds as ur goalies for the yr. yahooI agree. I think Deckert makes the Raiders a competitive team. I know one player doesn't make a team... but a good solid goalie makes the team in front of him that much better :p .

Dwight Schrute
11-19-2006, 09:02 PM
I agree. I think Deckert makes the Raiders a competitive team. I know one player doesn't make a team... but a good solid goalie makes the team in front of him that much better :p .
frankly he is overrated. i like that some pressure will be taken off aime and esau but its a differant team in front of him. they play one way in front of him and then another in front of the rookie's

and to agree with raiderfan17 yeah moir woulda looked great

westbeach55
11-19-2006, 11:17 PM
i don't think he is overated at all and yes the team plays better with him net cause they can play loose and trust him in net. I think his handling of the puck is also a major asset he can work the puck up and we can start a rush not be hemmed in our end half the game. dont get me wrong esau and aime are the future but clearly not ready and why give up players or picks for moir

Dwight Schrute
11-19-2006, 11:49 PM
and why give up players or picks for moir
moir is one of the best goalies in the league the last few years. he has pretty much carried the broncos for 3 years and moir is hands down a better goalie then deckert

nivek_wahs
11-20-2006, 07:03 AM
frankly he is overrated. i like that some pressure will be taken off aime and esau but its a differant team in front of him. they play one way in front of him and then another in front of the rookie'sHow do you say he is overrated? Overrated as compared to what? Moir? That just doesn't make sense. Moir is easily one of the top netminders in the 'Dub but Deckert makes the Raiders competitive. The young goalies (Aime & Esau) were given a chance to take the lead and neither one seems ready to be a starter. Give one a spot on the bench where he can continue to learn the game, getting valuable starts as the season goes on and not be forced into action (especially if he isn't ready). Send the other guy somewhere, where he can play a ton of minutes and come in fresh to battle next year. I'm not going to say to keep Aime or Esau... I haven't seen either one play (I don't think) so I won't suggest which guy to keep or which one to send down.

and to agree with raiderfan17 yeah moir woulda looked greatMoir would be a good fit on MOST teams in the WHL.

nivek_wahs
11-20-2006, 07:10 AM
i don't think he is overated at all and yes the team plays better with him net cause they can play loose and trust him in net. I think his handling of the puck is also a major asset he can work the puck up and we can start a rush not be hemmed in our end half the game. dont get me wrong esau and aime are the future but clearly not ready and why give up players or picks for moirI agree. Even when Deckert was a Regina Pat he was a good young tender and he commanded respect when playing the puck and has only got better at it over the last couple years. If it wasn't for some poor "choices" (I DON'T know the circumstances of his past situations with the Pats or Americans, so I won't comment) he might be comparable to Moir... But who knows, the past is the past and it can't be changed. For the Raiders sake you guys should be happy to have him back.

westbeach55
11-20-2006, 10:37 AM
moir is one of the best goalies in the league the last few years. he has pretty much carried the broncos for 3 years and moir is hands down a better goalie then deckert

it just doesn't make any sense to give up any kind of picks or players for a goalie that will be with us for one year were rebuilding right now, I could see if we were making a run at it but that's not happening. moir is an excellant goalie but not worth giving anything up to get him. deckert will do just fine