PDA

View Full Version : Q & A with Gilbert Brule

langdak
10-17-2006, 04:09 PM
http://www.bluejackets.com/news/features/arts/3234.0.html

Q&A with the CBJ: Gilbert Brule

Catching up with Blue Jackets center Gilbert Brule is no easy task. After all, he is one of the fastest guys on ice. The 19-year-old phenom slowed down long enough, though, to sit down for this week's "Q&A with the CBJ."

(CBJ.com) - Q: What is it about hockey that you love the most?

(Gilbert) - A: I just love coming to the rink every day...practicing with your friends, your buddies, you start to become a family out there. That's what I love most about it.

(CBJ.com) - Q: What are your personal and team goals for the season?

(Gilbert) - A: Obviously, our team goal is to make the playoffs and have success early on in the season. My personal goals I haven't really set yet. I just want to go out there, play, and do the best I can.

(CBJ.com) - Q: Can you tell us a little bit about your family and growing up in Canada?

(Gilbert) - A: I was born in Edmonton, and I moved to Vancouver when I was two years old and have lived there the rest of my life so far. My mom and dad are still there, and they're working as hard as they can just to get by and do well in life. I had a sister who passed away when I was younger.

(CBJ.com) - Q: What do your mom and dad do?

(Gilbert) - A: My mom is a manager at a seniors' home, and my dad is in telecommunications.

(CBJ.com) - Q: Who were some of your heroes growing up?

(Gilbert) - A: Well, my hero was Wayne Gretzky growing up. I loved him when he played for the (Los Angeles) Kings, and I didn't get to see him when he was with the (Edmonton) Oilers really because I was a young baby, but when he was on the Kings, he was my favorite.

(CBJ.com) - Q: What has been the highlight of your hockey career so far?

(Gilbert) - A: The highlight of my career was last year just playing for this team at 18. I got hurt early, which stunk, but I did well in junior and went back, and we went to the Memorial Cup, and that was a good finish to the year.

(CBJ.com) - Q: What's your favorite food?

(Gilbert) - A: My favorite food just in general is steak and potatoes. I love lobster, as well.

(CBJ.com) - Q: What kind of music gets you pumped up?

(Gilbert) - A: I listen to a lot of punk rock music and punk music. That's my favorite. I also like some metal music-just stuff that's fast and mean.

(CBJ.com) - Q: Who are your favorite punk bands?

(Gilbert) - A: My favorite band is Avenged Sevenfold, for sure. I like Atreyu, as well.

(CBJ.com) - Q: If you weren't playing pro hockey, what would you be doing right now?

(Gilbert) - A: I think I'd be going to school, hopefully in a university. Other than that, I don't know. Hockey's been my main thing my whole life.

(CBJ.com) - Q: Who's your funniest teammate?

(Gilbert) - A: There's a lot of guys who joke around and stuff, but I think it's (Jason) Chimera. He's off-the-wall. You'll see him in the weight room dancing and doing really funny things all the time.

(CBJ.com) - Q: Describe "Gilbert Brule" in one word.

(Gilbert) - A: Energetic.