PDA

View Full Version : Blades Vs Hurricanes

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
10-17-2006, 04:29 PM
This is for the game tonight between the Lethbridge Hurricanes and the Saskatoon Blades, post lineup changes, scratches and the game story here.

Tidball
10-17-2006, 05:47 PM
Unless the Blades pull off a miracle the Hurricanes are going to destroy us. We have to play a full 60+ minutes to compete with these guys. Boychuck, Fadden, Farmanara, they got talent up front. Very strong D-line with an even stronger goalie in hometown boy Justin Leclerc. Holtby should start and i believe Panchyson is healed up. Not sure who will be scratched. With the type of team Lethbridge is, Troy Crowley should be playing.

10-17-2006, 08:54 PM
Welll apparently a miricle has happened because the Blades are leading 3-2 after the second period, the third period has just began and what do you know...the Blades are getting out shot...bad

10-17-2006, 09:15 PM
and of course the Hurricanes would have to go tie it up on their first shot in the first period, naturally

10-17-2006, 09:59 PM
Wow, haha the Blades beat up the Canes 5-3 but uhhh has anybody looked at the shot clock??? yikes once again we count on Holtby to win us games but we got lucky with goals haha, a wins a win none the less.

Tidball
10-17-2006, 10:23 PM
WOW, is all i can say. Our goals were soo flukey HOWEVER they resulted from hard work and not giving up on the play. Great work guys. LeClerc had a weak night. Holtby left the audience in awe on more then 1 occasion

ProStaff
10-17-2006, 11:15 PM
No Offence Tidball, but we had hard working goals and some nice ones, if anyones goals were fluky, they were the Canes. It's hard to say but the Blades worked hard and out worked the Canes even thou they out shot us 2 - 1.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-17-2006, 11:35 PM
Im surprised that Mcrae did not get a star in this game. It looked like he played well, same with the canes's new star, Boychuk. Holtby must have stood on his head for you guys to beat a team that outshot you 2-1 and a little more, or did leclerc have an off night? Regardless, its a W for the blades and thats all that should really matter.

I also noticed that Gillies wasnt playing, is he out with an injury, or just a healthy scratch?

GBG BLEED BLUE
10-17-2006, 11:35 PM
Colton Gillies is out with a back injury.

The Blades are probably going to get outshot many times this season,and that is where the Blades need Holtby,the defence has done ok too. It is very simple. If the Blades shoot more they will have more oppertunity to score,but it is still early in the season,and hopefully this upcomming BC trip will help them.

ProStaff
10-18-2006, 08:01 AM
to me, I was surprised when I looked up at the shot clock it didn't seem, like they out shot us that bad. But they seemed to shot every chance they had, which is not a bad Idea, I wished the blades would shoot more and Holtby stopped forsure two sure goals, He didn't have to stand on his head but played a very composed game. Like I said before, being out shot 2-1 you would think that we got out worked hard, but it honestly felt like we had full control of the game, I never once last night felt like we were going to lose, it was a very good game, we didn't dominate but we didn't panic and kept trucking and got the job done. BUT WE NEED TO SHOT MORE!

wango tango
10-18-2006, 09:36 AM
to me, I was surprised when I looked up at the shot clock it didn't seem, like they out shot us that bad. But they seemed to shot every chance they had, which is not a bad Idea, I wished the blades would shoot more and Holtby stopped forsure two sure goals, He didn't have to stand on his head but played a very composed game. Like I said before, being out shot 2-1 you would think that we got out worked hard, but it honestly felt like we had full control of the game, I never once last night felt like we were going to lose, it was a very good game, we didn't dominate but we didn't panic and kept trucking and got the job done. BUT WE NEED TO SHOOT MORE!

couldn't agree more. power play looked to be getting more shots to the net, that's a positive. the team had more traffic around the net, again a positive. holtby has outstanding. mccrae played his best game of the season so far. macangus and menei were also solid. in the post game the commentator said 17 guys could have received unsung hero or a star or something like that. it really was a good team effort.

lots of scouts in the crowd again last night. at least a half dozen.

Tidball
10-18-2006, 03:34 PM
No Offence Tidball, but we had hard working goals and some nice ones, if anyones goals were fluky, they were the Canes. It's hard to say but the Blades worked hard and out worked the Canes even thou they out shot us 2 - 1.

Maybe you didnt read the entire message.......

Our goals were soo flukey HOWEVER they resulted from hard work and not giving up on the play

No Offence taken, but the Hurricanes outworked and outchanced us. We had no business being in that game, Holtby once again stood on his head and saved our *****. Holtby should be given an "A", he is the best player on our team. Gaelan Patterson IMO is our best forward on the PK.

Shortys
10-18-2006, 03:53 PM
I agree, Patterson is doing great on the PK, he is a very defensive forward. However, IMO that defensiveness has hindered him when they should be on the offence. He is always very carefull in their end, doesn't take many chances, but he will be a great scoring player in the years to come.

ProStaff
10-18-2006, 05:48 PM
Tidball, do you honestly believe that we had no business winning that game? I know we were out shot bad, but I feel they were shooting every chance they got and alot of low percentage shots were taken by them and we just took advantage of every chance we had and that is why we were out shot that bad. I never got that feeling that we were lucky to win and Holtby stopped alot of shots but only 2 or 3 shots were sure goals that he took away and the same could be said with the Canes goaltender. I felt we played a very patient game. I don't know just didn't see the game the way you did I guess.

Tidball
10-19-2006, 03:22 PM
how about logans point shot where he breaks his stick causing the puck to bounce right to McCrae who also shanks it but gets just enough to go over the pad and in. Or the one where LeClerc gave up on the play after thinking the puck was already in the net. Also he let in a softy from Coles point shot (screened yes, but he didnt stretch out his pads like he should've) Holtby was amazing while LeClerc had an off night, that was the difference IMO. Hey im a Blades fan and i want us to do very well. Im just saying that we will not win many games like that, all the bounces went our way.