PDA

View Full Version : web broadcasts

fightstrap50
02-19-2005, 11:25 AM
how much is it to sign up for these web broadcasts of your games anyone know id like to watch one or two :D

Kamfan
02-19-2005, 12:20 PM
Once you register (http://events.onlinebroadcasting.com/blazers/webcast/register.php), games are $7.95 each or 5 for $30.

Looks pretty good too: http://events.onlinebroadcasting.com/showcase/blazers_demo/player.php

Yann
02-19-2005, 11:37 PM
I'm using it for the first time tonight. It's a pretty good service. Nice camera work. :thumb:

fightstrap50
02-19-2005, 11:42 PM
thats pretty steep to stare at a little monitor on an uncomfortable chair though thats half the price of a walk up ticket! :confused:

Kamfan
02-20-2005, 01:52 AM
I wouldn't consider it an alternative to going to the game. More like an alternative to radio for those who can't make it (e.g. out of towners, shut-ins).

Apparently sales are better than expected, so some people out there must think it's worth it.

And apparently it looks decent when output via s-video to a TV, so at least you can sit on your couch. :)

Jovorock
02-20-2005, 05:47 AM
I don't think its a high price for a game to watch verses listening on the radio. I listen to most of the Rocket games on the road and really like that Shaw and SN are showing more games this year.

Kassian
02-20-2005, 05:07 PM
I don't think its a high price for a game to watch verses listening on the radio. I listen to most of the Rocket games on the road and really like that Shaw and SN are showing more games this year.

I'm not trying to complain because I am happy that both Shaw and Sportsnet have a good amount of games on TV this year. However, I do think Sportsnet could do a much better job of showing even more games than they do. With no NHL hockey, there should be plenty of room to throw in at least one WHL game a week.

Beaner
02-20-2005, 08:39 PM
I watched it online last night and the coverage was very good. The 7.95$ price tag is a little steep for the coverage you get but its not that bad. Commentators were pretty good as well, no more homerish than the giants commentators.

The funny moment of the night was the Older Kamloops fan highlighted on the "fan cam", and then a Go Giants GO sign pops up, obviously from some fan sitting below him. Wow was he mad. Sure hope no one got tossed out of the rink for that one. :laugh:

ihlemic10
02-20-2005, 09:06 PM
Not that I am complaining about the teams that are doing this, but I think it should free for all that are offering for now untill there is a League Wide service with one rate. I think paying a different amout to each team to watch a few games only is a little silly. Maybe they could do something where you pay a rate to see all of your teams home games and a different rate to see your teams away games.

GBG BLEED BLUE
02-20-2005, 09:42 PM
My name is Mike and i agree with Mike also.

Beaner
02-20-2005, 10:01 PM
Well, until all the teams decide they are going to offer this service to their fans I do not believe that things will change. Thats going to come from an owner/gm meeting with the league.

I've watched the games from Everett and Kamloops. I have to give the Loops the victory on coverage, they have multiple cameras, switching is good and you rarely miss any action. Even the replays are good. I think they must have 3 if not 4 cameras in the rink. At least 1 handheld, and 2 static cameras. That costs money for the operators etc., so I can see why it costs money.

The Everett feed is free, and it should be. The coverage is not very good, you constantly miss action because they flash up things on the scoreboard, and the coverage is from a long distance. But, it's free, so I'm not really complaining. If they did charge for it I would be really mad.

fightstrap50
02-20-2005, 10:04 PM
Not that I am complaining about the teams that are doing this, but I think it should free for all that are offering for now untill there is a League Wide service with one rate. I think paying a different amout to each team to watch a few games only is a little silly. Maybe they could do something where you pay a rate to see all of your teams home games and a different rate to see your teams away games.
i agree with something more like this as well but for the small market teams like the ICE and SWIFT it could be a conflict of interest.people may just stay home instead of go and when you only have 20,000 people here you could lose quite a bit of fans in the seats.but if you live where theres 50- 100,000+ pepole the chances of people filling the seats is much better even with live broadcasts.any other ideas?

Kamfan
02-20-2005, 10:26 PM
The funny moment of the night was the Older Kamloops fan highlighted on the "fan cam", and then a Go Giants GO sign pops up, obviously from some fan sitting below him. Wow was he mad. Sure hope no one got tossed out of the rink for that one. :laugh:

I just caught the tail end of that. I thought that's what happened. That guy did look mad and man did the younger group of guys (with the other sign) get a good laugh. That was pretty much the extent of it. I don't think anyone came close to being tossed. And did I see a picture of Bert (from Sesame Street) in that little exchange? Not sure how that fit. Little help?

Sammy
02-20-2005, 10:38 PM
given that going to a boring Ben Affleck flick costs $12.50, the webcast is a great deal!

Beaner
02-20-2005, 10:53 PM
I just caught the tail end of that. I thought that's what happened. That guy did look mad and man did the younger group of guys (with the other sign) get a good laugh. That was pretty much the extent of it. I don't think anyone came close to being tossed. And did I see a picture of Bert (from Sesame Street) in that little exchange? Not sure how that fit. Little help?

They really didnt show what happened after the Guy went for the sign. So who knows.

Bert was on the back of the sign.