PDA

View Full Version : Question to anyone at the Saskatoon VS Lethbirdge game

Tidball
10-17-2006, 10:33 PM
Anyone know who threw that flying elbow to Konecny Center ice while the play was in the corner? And does anyone know why it wasnt called?

GBG BLEED BLUE
10-17-2006, 11:00 PM
Anyone know who threw that flying elbow to Konecny Center ice while the play was in the corner? And does anyone know why it wasnt called?
I think the player who hit Konecny with that flying elbow was #29 Mike Wucherl and I can't understand why that was not called :burningma maybe the ref thought is was accedental,or did not see it? I can't remeber where the ref was,he was most likely following where the puck was. I was mad when that was not called :mad:

canes77
10-18-2006, 01:26 AM
Sounds like something Wuchterl would do...I like him a lot with his energy/grit/speed but he gets too cheap sometimes.

RunTheGoalie
10-18-2006, 06:37 PM
If the play is in the corner, and the elbow occured at centre ice, chances are extremely high that in a one referee system, the hit would be missed.

In a two referee system, a non call is unexcusable if the severity is being accurately portrayed.

Tidball
10-19-2006, 03:32 PM
If the play is in the corner, and the elbow occured at centre ice, chances are extremely high that in a one referee system, the hit would be missed.

In a two referee system, a non call is unexcusable if the severity is being accurately portrayed.

There were 2 refs. Unfortunately Liber was one of them. The hit occured as liber was looking right at them. I forget who the other ref was but he did a decent job. Liber is as blind as a bat. A hook 3 feet in front of him would occur but the other ref around center ice would make the call. Im honestly asking this question....... Was Liber allowed to call a penalty? He missed alot of calls BOTH ways.

Should Liber ref a game by himself, a couple players could drop thier gloves and fight.... and prolly get away with it before Liber caught them.