PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think might be on the block?

GF71
10-18-2006, 09:41 AM
The Giants have been and are currently scouting the 'canes. What do people close to the team then the canes are looking for and who might be availabe?

LHF
10-18-2006, 01:12 PM
If Stasiuk was going to make any trades, I think it would be the 19 year olds. However with Stasiuk's track record, who can predict what he will do. :spineyes:

howley
10-18-2006, 03:35 PM
hogg and boychuk for a 4th rounder in 2011 and a 5th rounder for 2002?
jk.

canes77
10-18-2006, 03:57 PM
how about Dwight King for an 8th round pick? from what i've seen this yr, no one on the canes has played worse than him

LHF
10-18-2006, 04:44 PM
You're kidding right??? Dwight King is a very talented kid. Have you watched him in the corners and on the boards, not to mention in front of the net? He is so strong with the puck, very rarely can anyone take it from him. You just wait and watch, he will break out very soon, and those pucks will start going in. The last game they had at home when he put the puck in the net just after the buzzer went is just a sign of things to come. Wow, what a beautiful goal, he made those two d-men and the goalie look funny. And he's only 17 years old. Trade him for an 8th round pick?...give me a break!!! :rolleyes:

loudi94
10-18-2006, 05:00 PM
how about Dwight King for an 8th round pick? from what i've seen this yr, no one on the canes has played worse than him
He's very frustrating to watch because it looks like he's not trying. I'd like to see him crunch some bodies, but I don't think it's his style. When the pucks start going in, all would be well.

SectionNDeserter
10-18-2006, 05:37 PM
Dwight King looked great in the last game here in Red Deer, a very physical force. I thought the other King on your team looked terrible last game here though.

canes77
10-19-2006, 12:28 AM
I was kidding about the 8th round draft pick...he would probably be worth a 2nd or 3rd round pick. As for LHF's comment, I missed the game where he went through 2 d-men to score. I wish I would have seen that since that is what his potential is. I guess he is only 17 and still has time to become the Bertuzzi-like player that I think we'd all like to see.

Nielson11
10-19-2006, 10:00 AM
Dwight King is coming around nicely......there is no way they trade this kid.

Against Prince George in the last home game I thought he was the hardest working guy on the team...and the goal that didn't count right at the end of the game is a glimpse of what he can do.

He's a keeper