10-18-2006, 10:16 AM
In a shootout with Brandon Campos
from the Seattle Times

Everett right wing

Height: 5 feet, 8 inches

Weight: 180

Hometown: Port Coquitlam, B.C.

Number: 10

Key stat: Campos had the game-winning goal in his first game in the Western Hockey League when he scored at 10:53 of the third period in Everett's 2-1 win over Chilliwack in the season opener Sept. 23.

Key facts: Campos had 27 goals and 53 assists in 46 games last season for the Merritt Centennials of the B.C. Hockey League. He had accepted a scholarship to the University of Alaska, Fairbanks, but decided to attend training camp with the Silvertips and made the team.

First shot: What's been the biggest adjustment for you to the Western Hockey League?

"It's really been difficult getting used to all the systems here. Last year we didn't really have a system, and here it's all about positioning and all the little details. It's a whole different game, but I'm starting to get used to it and can't wait for it all to click."

Second shot: Has it been frustrating to play such a different game?

"Coach Constantine told me that my offense would slip for the first 20 games while I was learning the system and once it clicked it would boost back up. I've been trying to be patient, but there has been some frustration. Fortunately, we've been winning."

Third shot: What made you change your mind to join the WHL?

"I had a scholarship to go to Alaska, but my heart just wasn't set on moving there. My best attribute has always been offense, and I came here to become a better two-way hockey player. It's the best thing I could have done."

— Jim Riley