PDA

View Full Version : Giants Name Captain

Franson6
10-19-2006, 12:28 AM
Haven't seen this posted yet, looks like Giants have named their captain Brett Festerling, and three "A"s going to Cody Franson, JD Watt and Milan Lucic. Quite happy with Cody getting the "A", I think he's worked hard for it and will provide good leadership. Watt seems a good choice as he's seemed to have grown up this year and be a leader as well. Milan was a little surprising though since he's only had a year in the WHL and is more of a glove dropper than leader.

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=3387111

N.W. Bruin
10-19-2006, 09:14 AM
I was beginning to wonder because of the Brule talk whether they were holding off because of the chance he might return.

Kassian
10-19-2006, 01:18 PM
Milan was a little surprising though since he's only had a year in the WHL and is more of a glove dropper than leader.

That shouldn't be a surprise. Players that are willing to drop the gloves are usually looked upon as leaders.

GF71
10-19-2006, 01:36 PM
Not really a shocker to see who got the letters. It was pretty much set before the season started.

Carebear
10-19-2006, 03:21 PM
I so did not know that Festerling has a twin brother!

dondo
10-19-2006, 05:05 PM
Fester it is - well the "C" will look good on him, and the A's are some good choices, esp since Watt has improved this season and seems to be a bit more of a leader. Franson earned it imo, and Lucic is good choice for the young guys, hopefully this will give him some more puck karma.

Knuckles Muldoon
10-19-2006, 10:36 PM
Good choices all around. :thumb: