PDA

View Full Version : wow can you hear it, BOOM, strait to the basement ....

shushu
10-19-2006, 01:23 AM
we go, i geuss it doesnt matter who we bring in to run the team we better get use to the bottom, o ya the colton / kaye trade payed off big time.. the thing is little roy and his slow paced build to the top, he doesnt see the folks in town are sick of losing year after year which never seems to end.............

neutral
10-19-2006, 08:51 AM
we go, i geuss it doesnt matter who we bring in to run the team we better get use to the bottom, o ya the colton / kaye trade payed off big time.. the thing is little roy and his slow paced build to the top, he doesnt see the folks in town are sick of losing year after year which never seems to end.............

And I thought the BOOM I heard was the sound of another one falling off the team wagon.

On a positive note, the team will only need to deal with 2 - 20 yr olds and 6 - 19 yr olds in to next season. How would you like to be in Moose Jaw's situation with 3 - 20's and 8 - 19's to deal with, even after yesterday's trade. Lethbridge is also sitting on 9 - 17's. Throw in what could be a 6'th and 16'th pick in the next draft with 2 first rounders. Of all the bottom teams this year, perhaps only Kelowna is better positioned in terms of player ages.

I remain positive about the team's prospects. And I would never use the term "little" when referring to Roy. Seems just a "little" petty.

There will be room on the wagon when you decide to climb aboard in the future.

LHF
10-19-2006, 03:01 PM
I like what the future holds for the Canes. You're right we have six 19 year olds right now, but 2 of them are euro's, who more than likely won't be back next year, and possibly R. King will play pro. So that leaves us with the required 3 OA's.

We've got one of the youngest teams in the league this year with an average age of 17.8 years old. No doubt there are going to be some growing pains, but Shushu, you should give them a bit more time before you jump off the wagon.

We've got a solid future for many years to come. Personally I'm looking forward to it. :wave:

GBG BLEED BLUE
10-19-2006, 05:39 PM
The Blades are in almost the same situation as the Canes. The Blades traded Setoguchi for draft picks and a highly touted d-man,I think that trading both of Kaye and Yellow Horn might have been too much,but every team usually goes through a rebuilding year every couple of years, the Canes time will come just be pateint and give it time.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-19-2006, 11:33 PM
Like I said before, The canes will be a force... in 2 years. This year, nobody expects very much, so no offence, but this is of no surprise after the yellowhorn trade.

Its also only a few games in the season, they can most likely turn it around. They had a good start, so its obvious they are capable of that again.

grainbear
10-20-2006, 05:43 AM
Very good comments of strength down the road !. Lets look at who is still in the background for this team as well
Pillar, Braes, Fyten, Montgomery, Iwanski, Whitehall, Sutherland, Bear, Ashton , Murray and maybe Brown out of California plus 2 first round picks and 2 - 3rd round picks in this years bantam. This team has shown so far that the are competitive. The longest part of any coaching scheme is believing at the grassroots heart level, the youngsters have bought into the system and time will teach them what it takes to win consistently night after night.it will come however .On any trip there will be times you need to refill the tank, change the oil and even fix a flat tire but the map is there , the vehicle is right for the job , and the mechanics will fine tune the motor to get us there.

RunTheGoalie
10-20-2006, 10:21 PM
The Canes are a very young team in a division with three vet teams and a Red Deer team who went through this last year. Frankly, I would be shocked if Lethbridge makes the playoffs this year. But this team does look good for the future, however.