PDA

View Full Version : Dirtiest player?

rinkrat
10-19-2006, 09:32 AM
Who do you guys think is the dirtiest player in the league?
I have to go with the obvious...Dorsett
Another viscious elbow last night and another game misconduct.
It appears he has made a target of David Rutherford. :dead:

Tiger9
10-19-2006, 10:23 AM
I think you should post evidence (video or pics) of this apparent "vicious elbow" for everybody to see before starting this Dorsett bashing.

GF71
10-19-2006, 10:28 AM
How about the eye gouge on Rutherford last year when he was with the Giants...it was clearly seen on the replys on Sportsnet...

As much as I like Dorsett as a player, I have to say he gets my vote for dirtiest. He is far from alone though...

Shortys
10-19-2006, 10:34 AM
http://whl.ca/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1002013
Is this evidence enough, the game sheet from that game, showing Dorsette at 6:11, roughing, Major Elbowing, and game misconduct. My vote for dirtiest player would have to be for him as well. I do like him as a player, but he is dirty, gets under every teams skin.

rinkrat
10-19-2006, 10:34 AM
I think you should post evidence (video or pics) of this apparent "vicious elbow" for everybody to see before starting this Dorsett bashing.
Watch the archived game from last night vs the Chiefs,then check the game sheet.
I saw it live,and I've seen his act before.I'm sure the league will react appropriately.

Tidball
10-19-2006, 03:26 PM
Yeah Dorsett is up there, ill also throw up Rumsey's name too.

PGFlyfisher
10-19-2006, 04:43 PM
Who do you guys think is the dirtiest player in the league?
I have to go with the obvious...Dorsett
Another viscious elbow last night and another game misconduct.
It appears he has made a target of David Rutherford. :dead:

Would this be the same Rutherford that hit PG Cougar, Levi Brotnov from behind last season and put him out for 6 weeks with a broken wrist? :confused: Maybe not the dirtiest player I' ve seen, but definitely one of the dirtiest hits!

Live by the sword....? Everybody gets theirs'...? Who' s to say?

I am not justifying intentional acts to injure any player as there is absolutely no room for it in ANY sport, but maybe there' s more going on down at ice level than a lot of fans know about.
Was there a touch of bitterness between these two from a previous meeting?

rinkrat
10-19-2006, 04:47 PM
Ya,same Rutherford.He was guilty of a dirty hit,but it was a one time incident and he is not even in the same ballpark as Dorsett when it comes to cheap shots.I think every team in the league has had an incident with Dorsett. :skeptical

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-19-2006, 04:58 PM
Dorsett is the obvious choice, but other than him, Im not sure.

I cant think of any that I have seen often enough, and there arent really any consistantly dirty players(in the eastern conference anyways), but Im gonna go with Colton Gillies, even though blades fans dont like to admit it. This kid could hurt someone bad with his charging elbows from behind. He could be a decent hitter and is a good player, but makes alot of dirty hits, and thats unacceptable.

I know Im gonna have all of Saskatoon after me after saying that, but its my opinion regardless, and not likely to be changed because someone thinks I'm wrong.

GBG BLEED BLUE
10-19-2006, 05:16 PM
Yes I have seen his hits and yes some are dirty and could seriously injure a player,I hope it never goes that though far. There are players who are cheap,but I also think that Dorsett is at the top of that list,but unfortunatly that is how he plays,and we have to realize that(I am sure we all do) maybe one time or another someone will teach him a lesson.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-19-2006, 05:37 PM
Dorsett is a good player regardless, a little cheapass from what I've heard about him, but he can agitate, and score. A valuable player in my opinion, and one of the reasons medicine hat is where they are right now.

Guys could take him out, but his playing style wont change anyways. He finds success that way, and has definatly got guts. Unfortunately, I have not seen much of him.

SectionNDeserter
10-19-2006, 06:00 PM
Dorsett is definately the reigning champion, though Lethbridge's resident unibrow Randy King could give him a run for his money.

d-man
10-19-2006, 07:04 PM

OK I plead ignorance being a swift fan... why Rumsey?

Flathead
10-19-2006, 11:14 PM
Dorsett is my choice as well. I think he wins this hands down. As for a second choice I'm going with Kenndal McArdle.

Blades 4 Life!
10-20-2006, 12:03 AM
ya I think that Dorsett is the dirtiest player in the WHL but a couple years ago were Steve Later and Kozak that played for P.A but this year it has to be Dorsett!

dj-kris
10-20-2006, 12:39 AM
nothing good could come of this thread

Tiger9
10-20-2006, 08:36 AM
I'm glad we have the dirtiest player in the league then. Cause he can also score, set-up, fight and provides great leadership and jump for the team. All of you other guys with tinkerbells who should be playing ringette on your teams only wish you had Dorsett on yours!!

Go Dorsett Go!! Keep doing what your doing!!! :groovy:

rinkrat
10-20-2006, 08:49 AM
I'm glad we have the dirtiest player in the league then. Cause he can also score, set-up, fight and provides great leadership and jump for the team. All of you other guys with tinkerbells who should be playing ringette on your teams only wish you had Dorsett on yours!!

you forgot; he can provide the opposition countless powerplays ;)

Tiger9
10-20-2006, 09:52 AM
and I also forgot that he causes the oppostion to take countless penalties because of his hard work and pesty nature!!

Toswammi
10-20-2006, 10:21 AM

Rumsey?? Honestly say its the first time i have ever heard anyone call him dirty.

Tidball
10-20-2006, 03:51 PM
Dorsett is the obvious choice, but other than him, Im not sure.

I cant think of any that I have seen often enough, and there arent really any consistantly dirty players(in the eastern conference anyways), but Im gonna go with Colton Gillies, even though blades fans dont like to admit it. This kid could hurt someone bad with his charging elbows from behind. He could be a decent hitter and is a good player, but makes alot of dirty hits, and thats unacceptable.

I know Im gonna have all of Saskatoon after me after saying that, but its my opinion regardless, and not likely to be changed because someone thinks I'm wrong.

Still a little upset over the hit on Brownlee are we? You got a point Gillies does throw some vicious hits. HOWEVER he has really cleaned those up this season.

Tidball
10-20-2006, 03:54 PM
Rumsey?? Honestly say its the first time i have ever heard anyone call him dirty.

When i watched him in saskatoon he would slash at every skater that went by, usually behind the play. Call me crazy if you will, but if you see him play.... watch for that.

Flathead
10-20-2006, 06:04 PM

I would have Dorsett on my team any day, even though I don't agree with some of his actions, he is an awesome player. I guess he's the Jarrko Ruuttu, Darcy Tucker of the league. If you didn't have him on your team you would hate playing against him. But hands down he is the dirtiest player I've seen since another ex Tiger, Ryan Hollweg. At least Dorsett will fight though.