PDA

View Full Version : Broncos vs Warriors

Horseshoe
10-19-2006, 11:06 AM
4 goals, a couple fights, lots of hits. Pretty good game to watch if you were a Broncos fan...too bad more people didn't come out to watch it :(

Scout
10-19-2006, 12:30 PM
Broncos Back in First
OCT 18 - The Broncos are once again sitting atop the ladder of the East Division with 14 points after 12 games. The club regained possession of 1st place on Wednesday with a 4-1 win at the expense of the Moose Jaw Warriors.

Kyle Bortis, Spencer McAvoy (PP), Dale Weise, and Daniel Rakos (PP) scored for the Broncos while Andre Herman scored the Warriors only goal. Kyle Moir was in net for the Broncos and stopped 32 of 33 Warriors shots while Kurt Jory and Joey Perricone split the duties in goal for Moose Jaw, stopping 15 of 19 and 6 of 6 Broncos shots respectively. The Broncos finished the night 2 for 6 on the power play while their penalty kill was a perfect 8 for 8. Daniel Rakos was named the games 1st star while Kyle Bortis and Michael Wilson were 2nd and 3rd.

Toswammi
10-19-2006, 05:17 PM
My thoughts:

Wow did Rumsey slaughter Grunlding in the second. Did see much of Leo's scrap, but i saw all of the Rumsey/Grundling scrap. Note to Martin, if a guy hits you with multiple uppercuts and what not, go down.
Frere deseved an assist on the first Bronco goal. I would have given him one for that pass to Rakos. Nice finish by Bortis, he is starting to play some good hockey as of late.
The PP finally scored a few goals, and the PK was amazing (as usual), good teams have good specialty teams.
Moir rebounded nicely from the game in Regina, although he really wasnt tested all that much, the showed up.
Also want to comment on faceoffs. The Broncos had the Warriors scrambling before the faceoff whenever it was in the MJ end. I can honstly say that i have now seen audibles in hockey games. :) And i like it, creates some mismatches and can put the opposition into chase mode.

Flathead
10-19-2006, 11:33 PM
Very good game. Everyone played there part and took it to the Warriors. We had them scrambling and making poor decisions all night. Wow did Rumsey ever give it to Grundling, can't say that I'm a fan of the second fight on the ice and game misconduct rule, but whatever. I kind of chuckled to myself after the penalties were all sorted out, McArdle(who started it all, and didn't fight) and Holzapfel were high fiving in the penalty box, until......we scored the game winning goal on the pp. High five to McArdle! :thumb: Moir was good, but not really tested as we did a great job at letting him see the puck. Everyone played very good last night, lets keep it going into the weekend.

ointhecreek
10-20-2006, 05:43 PM
Rumsey is playing like he should this year and is fast becoming one of my favorite players again . Way to go Myles! Keep it up!! :thumb: