PDA

View Full Version : Pess leaves Thunderbirds

Beaner
10-20-2006, 12:57 PM
from, http://www.sportstricities.com/sportstc/hockey/americans/story/8323339p-8219401c.html

NOTE: Overage forward Kyle Pess left the Seattle Thunderbirds on Thursday, stating he wanted to play closer to his Red Deer, Alberta, home. Pess had three goals in nine games this season after coming to Seattle in a trade with Lethbridge.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-20-2006, 03:48 PM
Why are all these players leaving the Us division all the time? They are lucky they are playing in a league like this at all. Thats just selfish what guys like pess and thunderchild are doing. These guys obviously are not meant for the next level if they are *****ing about where they are playing now.

canes77
10-20-2006, 04:04 PM
Could see him come back to Lethbridge, as the Canes here are young and only have 2 overagers at the moment...He seems like a good person so it is tough to see why he would just get up and leave, unless something is going on behind the scenes.

Shooter
10-20-2006, 07:55 PM
Im kinda on in between on this one until more info comes out. Part of me wishes Pess good luck in his future, part of me hopes the Birds dont do anything with his rights and he has to sit at home rest of the season. Nothing against Pess personaly, just wish he would have done this a couple of weeks ago so the Birds were not up the creek without a paddle.

Rattlesnake
10-20-2006, 08:29 PM
Part of me wishes Pess good luck in his future, part of me hopes the Birds dont do anything with his rights and he has to sit at home rest of the season.

Rumour has it that he wants to go play with a couple of his former Red Deer Chief bantam buddies who are with the Fort Saskatchewan Traders of the AJHL.

LifelongChiefsFan
10-20-2006, 09:41 PM
Why are all these players leaving the Us division all the time? They are lucky they are playing in a league like this at all. Thats just selfish what guys like pess and thunderchild are doing. These guys obviously are not meant for the next level if they are *****ing about where they are playing now.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I can't remember a time when this many players left teams in the US all one right after the other. While I don't know all the circumstances for these players leaving, I do agree that it does probably hurt these players' chances of playing at higher levels of hockey, even if only just a little bit.

grainbear
10-20-2006, 10:18 PM
I am not so sure he would be the right thing for the Canes now, We are certainly struggling however I can,t see this being the type of individual that would fit into the Stasiuk plan. Our players are simply mentally beat up . I am not sure why the Canes have agreed to such an schedule in terms of games so far, I am thinking that they thought they would burn teams witht there speed early in the season because of conditioning. And they did for the first 6 or 7 games. They we ran into hot goaltending and our goalies well not great were steady untill this road trip. Now they need to regain their confidence and unfortunalty 5 games in 7 nights wont help that. Maybe the next addition should be someone in sports psycology for mental training in visualization and goals accomplishment. We are now in last place but in this decision a string of 5 or 6 games together and you can be back in first.

MidgetAAA
10-23-2006, 10:55 PM
He is with the Fort Saskatchewan Traders (AJHL) and will be in the lineup on Wed for the traders

Tipped Off
10-24-2006, 03:04 PM
Pess departure leaves T-birds in a difficult spot

By Nick Patterson
Herald Writer

The Seattle Thunderbirds received a hammer blow last week.

Overage forward Kyle Pess left Seattle last Thursday, leaving a gaping hole in the T-bird lineup and rendering Seattle's blockbuster deal from last season's trade deadline null on the T-bird end.

The quick and skillful Pess was the key figure for Seattle in last season's deal, in which Seattle acquired Pess, forward Robert Klinkhammer and goaltender Kevin Opsahl from Lethbridge in exchange for forwards Mitch Fadden and Yashar Farmanara and goaltender Gavin McHale. In 31 games with the T-birds last season Pess amassed nine goals and 11 assists.

However, after scoring three goals in Seattle's first seven games this season, Pess left the team and requested a trade to a team closer to his home in Red Deer, Alberta.

The timing couldn't have been any worse for Seattle. The deadline to cut down to three overagers was the previous week and the T-birds, with four 20-year-olds, reached the limit by trading Klinkhammer to Portland. Now Seattle is short an overager, and many of the best available overagers have already passed waivers and moved on to the Ontario Hockey League.

Pess' departure, along with Klinkhammer's trade and Opsahl's decision not to report during the preseason, means Seattle has nothing left to show from last season's trade. Meanwhile, Fadden has 15 points and Farmanara has nine in Lethbridge's first 15 games. Also, Klinkhammer is leading Portland in scoring with 13 points in nine games.

To help fill the void, Seattle acquired 19-year-old forward Ian McKenzie from Moose Jaw in exchange for a sixth-round pick in the 2007 bantam draft.

Warrior remains in critical condition: There was no update Monday evening on the condition of Moose Jaw forward Garrett Robinson, who was critically injured in a car crash Sunday morning.

The 18-year-old Robinson suffered severe head trauma in the accident, which occurred after the Warriors arrived home from a game at Red Deer. Teammates Joey Perricone and Carter Smith received minor injuries in the crash.

Robinson remains at Regina General Hospital, where he underwent surgery Sunday.

League leaders: Points - Ben Maxwell (Kootenay) 24; goals - Kris Hogg (Lethbridge) 13; assists - Maxwell, Cody Franson (Vancouver), Martin Hanzal (Red Deer) 16; penalty minutes - Randy King (Lethbridge) 59; wins - Leland Irving (Everett) 8; goals against average - Irving 1.19; save percentage - Irving .951.

nelson951
10-28-2006, 10:44 PM
Christ When did he state this? Before the Klinkhammer trade? Doubtful What a disappointment!!! Must be more to this story.... :confused:

Sabes
11-07-2006, 05:33 PM
Pess traded back to Lethbridge for Sterling Bear and a 5th in 2008.

http://www.seattlethunderbirds.com/news/news.php?id=132