PDA

View Full Version : Disturbing Trend

LifelongChiefsFan
10-21-2006, 04:41 PM
I don't know if anyone really noticed, but I stated thinking (one of the few times I've ever done that I might add :D ) and it seemed like the Chiefs sure played from behind alot. I looked up the Chiefs games online and sure enough found a stat that I thought was very disturbing. The Chiefs have given up the first goal in 9 of 11 games so far this year (and the only game where they never trailed at all was the opener in Kootenay). This is something that I am hoping the Chiefs get turned around fast or else it could be three years in a row with no playoffs. While it does show resiliency on the Chiefs' part by being able to come back in some games and either win or get a point (like the Seattle and Everett games) they can't keep that up the entire year. The first game where I really noticed it was the Medicine Hat game. The Chiefs sounded like they were the better team and I got the impression that the Chiefs should have won the game. I was not impressed by MH at all. But as with almost all their other games they had to play from behind, and this time they weren't able to get that tying goal to send the game into overtime. So like I said, it's a trend that I hope will end sometime soon. I know it's not possible to score first in every game, but even 50% (heck even 25%) would be an upgrade. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

chiefgongshow
10-21-2006, 06:33 PM
Ive noticed that the rookies and 2nd year players seem to get barely any playing time in the 1st period, but as the 2nd rolls along the get more time. By the time the 3rd period rolls through it seems like the kids get the majority of good chances and as much playing time as the "key" vets. Ive never been a fan of a majority of the older players game, that might have something to do with how I view games. It may just be a coincidence though that as the young guys get ice time, the Chiefs start to pick it up.

Jimmypop316
10-21-2006, 10:43 PM
Falling behind early is signs of usually a young team. There is quite the mix on the Chiefs and that might be the reason. But they've got to get it together and play on top of their game.

They need to play at the level they have played with Everett. It seems that when we play weaker teams this year, we play at their levels and not the true way the team can play.

This was really disappointing tonight with the effort in Chilliwack. I don't know what has happened to send them spinning into this 4 game losing streak. The good thing is that its still the start of the season and we have all season to work on these things.

With that being said, I was also impressed with some of the danglers on Chilliwack, they made mincemeat of our defence several times. And lets not get me started on Stoesz, I am still disappointed that he was dropped off the PPL and picked up by Chilliwack. We lost a player that was making huge steps in the summer to become more of a power-forward player. He showed it tonight, was not only putting pucks on/in the net, but putting some of our players in the box.

I'm really disappointed right now.. I'm sure paying the 7 bucks to watch that doesn't help at all. They way they had been playing the past two weeks, this seemed to be a sure fire win, but that obviously didn't happen. Have to get out of this sore spot and get back to the ways they were playing. Its not really helping havin not only Everett BUT Vancouver too on tap for this week.

chiefgongshow
10-21-2006, 11:59 PM
Falling behind early is signs of usually a young team. There is quite the mix on the Chiefs and that might be the reason. But they've got to get it together and play on top of their game.

They need to play at the level they have played with Everett. It seems that when we play weaker teams this year, we play at their levels and not the true way the team can play.

This was really disappointing tonight with the effort in Chilliwack. I don't know what has happened to send them spinning into this 4 game losing streak. The good thing is that its still the start of the season and we have all season to work on these things.

With that being said, I was also impressed with some of the danglers on Chilliwack, they made mincemeat of our defence several times. And lets not get me started on Stoesz, I am still disappointed that he was dropped off the PPL and picked up by Chilliwack. We lost a player that was making huge steps in the summer to become more of a power-forward player. He showed it tonight, was not only putting pucks on/in the net, but putting some of our players in the box.

I'm really disappointed right now.. I'm sure paying the 7 bucks to watch that doesn't help at all. They way they had been playing the past two weeks, this seemed to be a sure fire win, but that obviously didn't happen. Have to get out of this sore spot and get back to the ways they were playing. Its not really helping havin not only Everett BUT Vancouver too on tap for this week.
Yes its a sign of being a young team but Spokane is not that young. 11 of the 24 are atleast 19 years of age. The rookies and 2nd year guys are the ones making the most of their chances it seems.

The playing down or up IMO is a result of not having more than a handful of guys who have won very much. Theres a certain attitude and swagger you gotta have to beat the teams you know you should beat, and that comes from winning.

As far as Stoesz goes, its hard to protect a player like him when you can only protect such a small number of guys. Especially having so many 87's still on the roster at the time.

Jimmypop316
10-26-2006, 12:49 AM
Oy vey.. another loss. I don't know what has happened but its really disappointing.

I'm glad its still early in the season, lets please get these things together.

At least my pens have turned the corner.