PDA

View Full Version : How to get a "jimbo" TRON

Chipper
10-21-2006, 05:47 PM
I have been thinking about this issue a lot lately and wondering if we will ever be able to get a video replay in our Recplex. I know that we will never get a jumbo tron but maybe a four sided big plasma? I was going through my history of the recplex and thinking about the time clock that we have now. Pepsi bought the clock for I'm thinking one hundred thousand dollars and this guarantees them all the concession rights along with their name on the center of the clock for ten years. The recplex was opened on Oct 13 2000 (great game, Comrie got a hat trick against the Pats) and in 2010 its open for bids again. I would hope that we will have something in place by then but if we don't there is a great opportunity for a bidding war on that clock and the prime retail advertising space available. With the economic boom in the Kootenays happening I would not be surprised to see competition for this space, I know that with Home Depot opening soon and they have already been sponsoring board and Ice ads, along with game promotions coming soon, they seem to be a major sponsor with us and all whl teams. I would love to see someone step up to the plate and either fund it or start a drive within the business community to raise the awareness of the fact that soon all the whl teams will have to have it to compete in this market. I hope that the Ice Management will be pursuing this and get the idea out there. Lets face it, its going to take a lot of money to do this and either the City of Cranbrook will have to do it or other options are fund raise or corporate sponsorship I would love to hear feed back from you on your opinion?

Of course our first and main concern before looking a head 4 years is our disapointing attendence and finding a way to increase it so that we assure ourselves that this team will continue to entertain us for many years to come.

Rammer
11-03-2006, 09:01 PM
I have been thinking about this issue a lot lately and wondering if we will ever be able to get a video replay in our Recplex. I know that we will never get a jumbo tron but maybe a four sided big plasma? I was going through my history of the recplex and thinking about the time clock that we have now. Pepsi bought the clock for I'm thinking one hundred thousand dollars and this guarantees them all the concession rights along with their name on the center of the clock for ten years. The recplex was opened on Oct 13 2000 (great game, Comrie got a hat trick against the Pats) and in 2010 its open for bids again. I would hope that we will have something in place by then but if we don't there is a great opportunity for a bidding war on that clock and the prime retail advertising space available. With the economic boom in the Kootenays happening I would not be surprised to see competition for this space, I know that with Home Depot opening soon and they have already been sponsoring board and Ice ads, along with game promotions coming soon, they seem to be a major sponsor with us and all whl teams. I would love to see someone step up to the plate and either fund it or start a drive within the business community to raise the awareness of the fact that soon all the whl teams will have to have it to compete in this market. I hope that the Ice Management will be pursuing this and get the idea out there. Lets face it, its going to take a lot of money to do this and either the City of Cranbrook will have to do it or other options are fund raise or corporate sponsorship I would love to hear feed back from you on your opinion?

Of course our first and main concern before looking a head 4 years is our disapointing attendence and finding a way to increase it so that we assure ourselves that this team will continue to entertain us for many years to come.

Make sure that you look to the rich sisters of the South, who pride themselves on this kind of technology updates. BC Place got the Jumbo Tron from the dismantling of the KingDome (Name escapes me right now) for $50K and the cost of moving it to Vancouver. One just has to be ready for such an occurance that is in the neighbourhood to capitalize on a great deal.

Otherwise sponsorship is the only way, and by 2010, that technology may be at a more reasonable price in order to do so.