PDA

View Full Version : Warriors Accident

WorkHorse
10-22-2006, 11:47 AM
"I just spoke with someone at 100.7 & they have no names as yet but it is for real; 3 Warrior players have been in a serious car accident. Two of them are in town with minor injuries but the other one was sent to Regina with very serious injuries. I asked the guy if that boy will be okay & he said he had no info either way. He said the impact had been at high speed & at the scene, the vehicles were 1/2 a block apart. They have been in contact with both Chad Lang & Darin Chow & will be talking to them after dinner again & hope to have the names released today sometime.

To anyone reading this, if you are praying folks, I suggest you do so for these boys but also for the whole team as this is a huge impact on them also."

Post from white board. Our prayers are with the boys injured and the team.

BruinsFan19
10-22-2006, 11:50 AM
WHL Players Hurt in Moose Jaw Crash
October 22, 2006

Three members of the Moose Jaw Warriors have been injured in a car accident.

Moose Jaw police say the two vehicle accident happened shortly after 6:30 Sunday morning, at the corner of Caribou Street West and 4th Avenue Northwest. The jaws of life had to be used.

One of the Warriors players is in serious condition in a Regina hospital. Two others suffered minor injuries. Their names have not been released.

The players had just returned to Moose Jaw after Saturday's game in Red Deer. Police say alcohol was a factor in the accident, and charges are pending, but won't say which driver faces those charges

That's scary. Hope everything turns out okay.

Flathead
10-22-2006, 11:56 AM
WHL Players Hurt in Moose Jaw Crash
October 22, 2006

Three members of the Moose Jaw Warriors have been injured in a car accident.

Moose Jaw police say the two vehicle accident happened shortly after 6:30 Sunday morning, at the corner of Caribou Street West and 4th Avenue Northwest. The jaws of life had to be used.

One of the Warriors players is in serious condition in a Regina hospital. Two others suffered minor injuries. Their names have not been released.

The players had just returned to Moose Jaw after Saturday's game in Red Deer. Police say alcohol was a factor in the accident, and charges are pending, but won't say which driver faces those charges

That's scary. Hope everything turns out okay.

Hope all that were involved are all right and have a speedy recovery. Prayers, to the players, team, staff and families.

Toswammi
10-22-2006, 11:58 AM
Scary stuff there. Hope all is good with all the ppl involved.

SeventhHeaven4U
10-22-2006, 12:00 PM
This is terrible. I hope all 3 make a speedy recovery and my thoughts and prayers are with them all.

Beaner
10-22-2006, 12:02 PM
Ugh.

Hopefully everyone involved will be allright. Thoughts to all.

WorkHorse
10-22-2006, 12:07 PM
Sounds like Robinson Perricone and Smith are the 3 with Robinson being in serious condition in Regina hospital.

Hatguy
10-22-2006, 12:07 PM
This is bad! I hope everything turns out okay. I'll try and get the names as soon as possible.

Three members of the Moose Jaw Warriors were involved in a serious motor-vehicle accident Sunday morning.

The accident occured about 6:45 Sunday morning at the intersection of 4th Avenue NW and Hochelaga Street.

We don't know the names of the players that were involved, the names have not yet been released. We do know that one of the players was seriously hurt and as a result was transferred from the Moose Jaw Union Hospital to Regina. The other two players are being treated here in Moose Jaw, and are expected to be released later today.

The Warriors had just returned home from Red Deer where they played the Rebels last night

Bran
10-22-2006, 12:08 PM
I just heard this on the radio. It sounds pretty bad, scary stuff. My thoughts and prayers are with the players, their families and the rest of the team.

From DiscoverMooseJaw.com

Serious Two Vehicle Accident

Written by Lee Guse
Sunday, 22 October 2006
The Moose Jaw Police and Fire Department responded to a serious motor-vehicle accident early this morning. Three members of the Moose Jaw Warriors were involved.

The accident occured about 6:45 Sunday morning at the intersection of 4th Avenue NW and Hochelaga Street.
We don't know the names of the players that were involved, the names have not yet been released. We do know that one of the players was seriously hurt and as a result was transferred from the Moose Jaw Union Hospital to Regina. The other two players are being treated here in Moose Jaw, and are expected to be released later today.

The Warriors had just returned home from Red Deer where they played the Rebels last night

Hatguy
10-22-2006, 01:08 PM
I blame our poor city for this accident. If, from what I've gathered is true, the accident happened at the corner of 4th and Hochelaga which is completely uncontrolled. How much money does it cost to put up a couple of yield signs!!! Apparently it costs more than what could be a young man's life.

I'm getting a little off topic, but this issue really needs tobe looked at. When I visited family in Winnipeg this last spring there was a stop sign at every intersection. Really mad right now!

My prayers go out to the players and their families.

ProStaff
10-22-2006, 01:33 PM
Just relax man, the main thing is for the young men to recover. Boys will be boys, a yeild sign, or traffic lights may or may not have stopped this accident, and if drinking was involved, it deffinitally wouldn't have! I grew up in MJ all my life and know what the night life there is all about. Hopefully this will give some a wake up call! and prevent this from happening again. PRAYERS GO OUT TO THE BOYS AND THEIR FAMILIES.

Dwight Schrute
10-22-2006, 01:40 PM
Sounds like Robinson Perricone and Smith are the 3 with Robinson being in serious condition in Regina hospital.
how do you know who the 3 are ?

Hatguy
10-22-2006, 01:43 PM
Just relax man, the main thing is for the young men to recover. Boys will be boys, a yeild sign, or traffic lights may or may not have stopped this accident, and if drinking was involved, it deffinitally wouldn't have! I grew up in MJ all my life and know what the night life there is all about. Hopefully this will give some a wake up call! and prevent this from happening again. PRAYERS GO OUT TO THE BOYS AND THEIR FAMILIES.

How do you know a stop sign wouldn't have stopped this accident from happening?

PGFlyfisher
10-22-2006, 01:51 PM
Thoughts to all involved and their families and wishing a speedy recovery.

ProStaff
10-22-2006, 01:56 PM
Hat guy, I don't want to pick a fight, this is just teriable what happened, but you can't blame the city. One of the above post said the police said drinking was a factor and if that is true, a stop sign a yeild sign wouldn't have help.

BruinsFan19
10-22-2006, 02:01 PM
Warriors Player Fights for Life
posted October 22nd, 2006

Moose Jaw Warriors forward Garrett Robinson is in a Regina hospital with life-threatening injuries after an accident in central Moose Jaw early Sunday morning.

Warriors General Manager Chad Lang says Robinson suffered serious head trauma when the car he and two teammates were driving was struck at the corner of Caribou Street and 4th Avenue NW. Warriors players Joey Perricone and Carter Smith were treated and released from hospital.

The occupants of the other vehicle suffered minor injuries. Moose Jaw Police say alcohol was a factor, and charges are pending. Lang says the Warriors players had not been drinking.

The team had just returned from a game in Red Deer. They don't play again until Friday in Prince Albert, and no decision has been made on whether that game will go ahead.

Geoff Smith, Brendan McGuire, and Nigel Maxwell reporting.

Hatguy
10-22-2006, 02:16 PM
Hat guy, I don't want to pick a fight, this is just teriable what happened, but you can't blame the city. One of the above post said the police said drinking was a factor and if that is true, a stop sign a yeild sign wouldn't have help.

I agree, lets just drop it. It's more important that our thoughts are with Garrett Robinson right now.

BruinsFan19
10-22-2006, 02:40 PM
Three Moose Jaw Warriors players injured, one seriously, in car crash

MOOSE JAW, Sask. (CP) - A player with the Western Hockey League's Moose Jaw Warriors was hospitalized with serious injuries after a car and truck collided Sunday morning in the southern Saskatchewan city.

GM Chad Lang said Garrett Robinson, one of three players hurt in the crash, underwent surgery after being transferred to a Regina hospital.

"(The doctors) have informed us that it is critical, that he has trauma to the head and brain," Lang said.

Lang said Robinson, an 18-year-old forward from Surrey, B.C., was the passenger in the vehicle.

"They were struck on the passenger side by the Ford truck and he basically absorbed the majority of the blow," Lang said.

Lang said two other players, Joey Perricone and Carter Smith, were treated and released from hospital in Moose Jaw. The crash occurred just before 7 a.m. local time.

Police said the team had just returned from Red Deer, Alta., and that the jaws of life were used to pull the wreckage apart.

Perricone, 19, is a goalie from San Juan Capistrano, Calif., while Smith, 18, is a forward from Eyebrow, Sask.

There was no immediate word on the cause of the crash. Police believe alcohol was a factor and said that charges were pending.

Chipper
10-22-2006, 03:33 PM
I hope that they will all be okay and pray for there speedy recovery. Life is much more important than hockey.

Coyote14
10-22-2006, 03:34 PM
Thoughts and prayers go out to all involved and their families. Wishing a quick recovery and full return to hockey for Garrett Robinson.

RunTheGoalie
10-22-2006, 05:48 PM
Hopefully Robinson can pull through and recover. Thoughts and prayers to the families involved.

birdeater
10-22-2006, 06:21 PM
my thoughts and prayers go out to all involved

Link Dog
10-22-2006, 06:53 PM
Thoughts and prayers to the Robinson family, Garrett's billet family, and the whole Warrior hockey family.

Rebel66
10-22-2006, 08:23 PM
Truly terrible news. My thoughts and prayers are going out to all the players and families involved, and to the entire Warriors organization.

D87
10-22-2006, 08:31 PM
Thoughts and prayers go out to Robby, his friends and his family.

D

Big Daddy
10-22-2006, 08:31 PM
Shocking news. Godspeed with recovery for all three. They will be in our family prayers.

Sput
10-22-2006, 09:12 PM
Terrible news for all the players and the families involved. Hope to hear of a speedy recovery for all three guys, especially Robinson. All hockey aside, I can only pray he regains all his previous health.

GBG BLEED BLUE
10-22-2006, 09:15 PM
I hope that all 3 of the players have a quick and full recovery and considering the circumstances,this situation is bad and VERY FRUSTRAITING. my thoughts and prayers go out to the players,their families and the entire Warriors orginization during this time.

Bran
10-22-2006, 09:50 PM
From what I've heard, he had surgery earlier today which went well. The next 48 hours are critical. His parents have been flown in from BC and his brother Matt flew in from Alaska. He's got his family with him now, and a lot of people praying for him.

skinnyhead
10-22-2006, 10:58 PM
all I would like to say is my thoughts are with Robinson and his family and also i would like to see the Warriors retire his number

Weasel
10-22-2006, 11:09 PM
Good luck Garrret!

dj-kris
10-22-2006, 11:26 PM
all I would like to say is my thoughts are with Robinson and his family and also i would like to see the Warriors retire his numberYikes lets not write him off yet, here's to a full recovery for the players involved thoughts and prayers with the whole organization during this tough time.

JDubb
10-22-2006, 11:27 PM
Obviously, first and foremost, I hope Garrett has a full recovery and his family at his side gives him the strength to make it. Hopefully each and every player for the Warriors are okay also, especially Joey.

My thoughts go out to the Warrior family!

Jeremy

dondo
10-22-2006, 11:30 PM
I just heard this guys.. wow -- good thoughts and best wishes go out to the players and their families, and the players who weren't involved but are still probably shell-shocked at the news. Hopefully they all come out alright.

Bran
10-22-2006, 11:52 PM
I saw Chad Lang on Global News a little while ago...he seems to be very shaken up right now. They're going to be bringing in grief counsellors to talk to the players over the next couple of days. I really feel for these kids right now, especially for the other boys involved in the accident. I've been thinking about this all day, because I've seen first hand what drinking and driving does to families, how people's lives are ruined by something so stupid and preventable. I really hope people learn something from this, because these things happen far too often.

Tiger Trauma
10-23-2006, 12:58 AM
From what I've heard, he had surgery earlier today which went well. The next 48 hours are critical. His parents have been flown in from BC and his brother Matt flew in from Alaska. He's got his family with him now, and a lot of people praying for him.

Hopefully he makes a full recovery. My Thoughts and prayers go out to Robinson his friends,family, and moose jaw.

You have the whole whl, praying for you!

nivek_wahs
10-23-2006, 02:44 AM
First off I would like to wish Garrett a full and complete recovery.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Garrett, the Robinson family and his billet family; the Warriors players and staff that work so closely with these young men. Life is more important than hockey.

grainbear
10-23-2006, 05:36 AM
I as well send our thoughts and prayers for Robinson and the others. It is amazing that we can put our love of the game aside when it is necessary to look at the real important things such as life and health. All the best to him and the members and fans of the Warriors as we keep him in mind over the next few days for sure.

Trav
10-23-2006, 07:13 AM
reminds me of when a drunk teenager hit my sister and brother in law's van on the highway a few years ago. My 2nd niece wasnt born yet I dont think, think it was just my one nephew and oldest niece that were in the van, nobody was hurt thank god but they could've been.

I obiviously wanna send a get well to Garrett, hopefully he makes a full recovery.
Obiviously we've all been thinking bout him and his family and hopefully we continue to do so.

frontrow fan
10-23-2006, 08:09 AM
as a parent i can only begin to imagine how horrible this would be, I have 2 kids who have both had fairly serious accidents in their lives, and you can only guess how lost and scared these people are right now.... our prayers are with Garrett and his family...GET WELL..GARRETT!!

CatFan
10-23-2006, 09:40 AM
please say an extra prayer for Garrett from me and I'm sure all of us here in Medicine Hat. This hits close to home, as these players feel like family. Just get well Garrett and my sympathies to his family and all of the Warrior organization.

Flames&HitmenAddict
10-23-2006, 10:01 AM
I just heard about this on the morning news in Calgary.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Garrett Robinson as well as his family and wish him a complete and speedy recovery!

Thoughts and prayers to Joey Perricone and Carter Smith as well as the entire Warriors organization and all their fans.

Best wishes to you all, you've got the whole WHL and their fans behind you guys!

TheBrass
10-23-2006, 10:58 AM
Just another echo of the many thoughts and prayers for Garrett and the Robinson family.

skinnyhead
10-23-2006, 11:09 AM
Yikes lets not write him off yet, here's to a full recovery for the players involved thoughts and prayers with the whole organization during this tough time.

I'm not writing him off yet but after brian surgury i'm sure he will never play professional hockey again.. it would be respectful to have his number retired..... we retired a number 14 belonging to Theoren Fleury so retiring Robinsons number couldn't be that bad is what I was saying

teacherblue
10-23-2006, 06:50 PM
I'm not writing him off yet but after brian surgury i'm sure he will never play professional hockey again.. it would be respectful to have his number retired..... we retired a number 14 belonging to Theoren Fleury so retiring Robinsons number couldn't be that bad is what I was saying

Sending Garret and all of the boys our prayers and best wishes to recover is all we need to be doing. Respect would be to only offer prayers and good thoughts.

Swando
10-23-2006, 07:31 PM
all I would like to say is my thoughts are with Robinson and his family and also i would like to see the Warriors retire his number

What a thotless comment is all I can say. Full recover is in order.. Us Surrey guys are tough

WorkHorse
10-23-2006, 08:13 PM
"Came out of surgery and has done well the first 24hrs. But it's the next 48 they are worried about. He has moved a bit which is a good sign and he is a very tough kid with a great family. Keep up the prayers this is effecting a lot of players thruout the league because all of them played for the JR Giants program before entering the league. They all need your prayers, this kid is outstanding and as you probably know all of these kids keep in contact everyday. Hockey at times seems like a very small world when things like this happen. Being a parent this is our worst nightmare with all the travel at such a young age these boys have to deal with on a daily basis. "

Hatguy
10-23-2006, 08:14 PM
What a thotless comment is all I can say. Full recover is in order.. Us Surrey guys are tough

What is thotless?

I'm sure he means if Robinson can't play again he should have his number retired and I agree with it. But lets all pray that he can get better and maybe one day play again.

We're pulling for you Garrett! Remember, you're a Warrior!!

Beaner
10-23-2006, 10:14 PM
Update from, www.whl.ca

Warriors Forward Remains In Critical Condition
Created: Oct 23, 2006
Monday, October 23, 2006, 8:00pm - The Western Hockey League and the Moose Jaw Warriors have released the following statement on the condition of Warriors forward Garrett Robinson, who was injured Sunday morning in an automobile accident in Moose Jaw.

Garrett suffered a traumatic brain injury as a result of Sunday's accident. He remains in a coma in the Intensive Care Unit of the Regina General Hospital and is listed in stable but critical condition.

The Moose Jaw Warriors will continue to provide updates to Garrett's condition as further medical details become available.

Swando
10-23-2006, 10:19 PM
I totally agree.The reason I complain on this thread is that I "Jumped" the gun on a close friend with "C" and suggested we put his # on our ball caps during a ball season and he made a miraculous recovery (thanks to the Lord) and I remember feeling awful ****ty for suggesting putting his # on our caps when he was still with us. In saying this our Creator is in charge and my prayers are with the Robinsons at this time...Sorry for any crap . My prayers are also with the person that ran the stop sign and was impaired,, I can only hope all good will come of this.

dodywood4ever
10-23-2006, 10:29 PM
I totally agree.The reason I complain on this thread is that I "Jumped" the gun on a close friend with "C" and suggested we put his # on our ball caps during a ball season and he made a miraculous recovery (thanks to the Lord) and I remember feeling awful ****ty for suggesting putting his # on our caps when he was still with us. In saying this our Creator is in charge and my prayers are with the Robinsons at this time...Sorry for any crap . My prayers are also with the person that ran the stop sign and was impaired,, I can only hope all good will come of this.

My prayers go out to all the Warriors involved but I sure as hell aint sending one out for the person who got lit, got behind the wheel and nearly killed 3 innocent men. Just aint happening.

old_time_hockey
10-23-2006, 11:20 PM
Well there are 2 ways to approach a situation like this.

They eye for an eye way where you hope for revenge.

Or the turn the other cheek.

Personally, I prefer a combo of both. Turn the cheek now and pray, think positive thoughts, send get well cards. What ever works.

But then when Garrett has recovered, make sure that the driver of that truck gets the full extent of the law thrown at him. He needs to be taught a lesson. That his poor choice to get behind the wheel gooned has seriously altered 3 peoples lives directly and the whole hockey community indirectly. And that isn't a choice that he had the right to make.

Hatguy
10-23-2006, 11:21 PM
The driver of the truck escaped with minor injuries from what I've heard.

Goblades26
10-23-2006, 11:55 PM
Wow, this is terrible to hear. My hopes and prayers are with Garrett and his family. Lets all hope for a full and speedy recovery.

As far as the driver is concerned, Moose Jaw is a small city. Everyone will know what he did, and that fact should be scary enough for him. But he should be seeing time behind bars, no matter what. It really goes to show how stupid people can get when they drink. And I JUST was transferred from MJ in May after the Finals ended, and I know how bad the night life is in MJ when it comes to drinking and driving. Its in every city I should add, but I do remember people telling me that they have nothing to do in the city but drink, which to me is pretty SAD.

Anyhow, wanting to just put my support behind Garrett and his family. Even though I am in a new city, pulling for a new team, I still am 110% behind you Garrett... AND all of you Moose Javians!!!

westbeach55
10-24-2006, 12:04 AM
I hope the game is cancelled here in prince albert friday and saturday in moose jaw, I can't imagine watching two teams play after this. our prayers are with garrett and the rest of the warriors.

witness
10-24-2006, 10:04 AM
From the reports this morning Garrett is still in Critical Condition, but is stable. It is not fantastic news, but it is good news. Baby steps.

I think that I can speak on behalf of all Pats fans, we are watching and waiting for any news. Praying for the best possible outcome.

This event is traumatic for the community, the organization, and the league. This is not suppose to happen to a kid. A hockey hero. And in small town Saskatchewan.

Bob in Everett
10-24-2006, 03:29 PM
Strength and Hope for the kids, family, teammates and friends from down here in Everett.

ihlemic10
10-24-2006, 04:02 PM
The driver of the truck escaped with minor injuries from what I've heard.

Seems typical. You hear that all the time around here...'drunk smacks into car, people in car severe injuries, drunk is fine.' Personally I do say throw the book at him. I am not a praying man but well wishes to families and all that are involved.

scamperdog
10-24-2006, 09:44 PM
October 24, 2006, 9:00pm - The family of Garrett Robinson and the members of the Moose Jaw Warriors organization issued the following statement this evening:

Garrett remains in a coma in the Intensive Care Unit of the Regina General Hospital and is listed in stable but critical condition.

We very much appreciate the outpouring of concern and best wishes for Garrett expressed through the many calls, letters, emails and other expressions of support which have come to us from across the country.

We are thankful that the news media have respected Garrett and his family and we ask that you continue to allow the family to deal with the seriousness of Garrett's situation, and that you continue to hold him in your prayers.

On behalf of Randy, Carol, and Matt Robinson, the family would like to extend a heart felt thank you for the overwhelming support they've received. Through this difficult time it has been greatly appreciated and they now ask that you keep Garrett in your prayers.

We will issue another statement once we have further information regarding Garrett's condition. In the meantime, we ask that the family, friends, and teammates as well as the medical staff working to care for Garrett, be left in peace during these very difficult days.

The Warriors along with the Western Hockey League will continue to update Garrett's condition as medical details become available.

Bran
10-24-2006, 10:33 PM
I would imagine that this is the furthest thing from their minds right now, but situations like this cause huge financial burdens for families. There could be insurance, but that likely won't cover the cost for the family. They're going to have to find a way to cover lodging, food, and lost wages for the next few weeks, at least. Is there anything that people could do to help out in that respect?

HAF
10-24-2006, 10:37 PM
Cards, letters, well wishes and donations can be sent to:

GARRETT ROBINSON & FAMILY
C/O REGINA GENERAL HOSPITAL (ICU)
1440 - 14th AVENUE
REGINA, SK S4P 0W5
CANADA

It only takes a few moments and a stamp to show the family we're all in their corner.

For US fans that dont want to go through the whole customs ordeal you can mail them to me and I'll send all the cards and letters up at once. I'm pretty used to shipping stuff to Saskatchewan by now...
Darin Davis
PO Box 237
Pilot Rock,Or 97868

Beaner
10-24-2006, 10:54 PM
I would imagine that this is the furthest thing from their minds right now, but situations like this cause huge financial burdens for families. There could be insurance, but that likely won't cover the cost for the family. They're going to have to find a way to cover lodging, food, and lost wages for the next few weeks, at least. Is there anything that people could do to help out in that respect?

I would think that the rest of the WHL teams will have something setup very soon to take cards and or donations etc setup at their home games very soon, if not at the next home game.

Tips booster club has already posted that they will have a card availble for signing, during the next home game. Havent seen or heard anything for the other teams.

The best suggestion may be to contact your local team and find out what, if anything they are doing and how you can help, just because the Warriors are extremely busy right now dealing with the situation at hand.

skinnyhead
10-25-2006, 08:13 AM
also something far from the minds of many but looks like the games this weekend are going to happen

Bran
10-26-2006, 02:15 AM
Here's a bit of an update from Rod Pedersen

http://rodpedersen.blogspot.com

It rarely occurs during football season, but one thing has upstaged the Roughriders as the word on the street in this town.

It's the status of MJ Warrior forward Garrett Robinson who remains in the Regina General Hospital after emergency surgery Sunday. He and two teammates were struck by a drunk driver early that morning.

Pats' GM Brent Parker and Garrett's brother Matt inform me he remains in an induced coma, and is in stable but critical condition. For how long he'll be in this state, no one knows. However the good news is the alarming amount of swelling in his brain has stopped and is now at a 'normal' level for someone who's sustained an injury of this type. He's also responded to routine 'pain' tests by moving his fingers.

Other than that no one, including the doctors, know how long it'll take to come out of his current condition.

The Warriors issued a statement that they will indeed play in the home and home series this weekend with PA beginning Friday and PA, and concluding Saturday night in Moose Jaw.

Robinson's teammates who were in the accident, Joey Perricone and Carter Smith, practiced with the team yesterday.

Prayers will help.

Bran
10-26-2006, 02:25 AM
also something far from the minds of many but looks like the games this weekend are going to happen
It's probably good for the boys to get back into their routine, a bit. It won't be easy and it's going to take time, but getting back to what they know and love will probably be helpful to most of them. It's something to distract them from what's going on, give them a couple of hours to just focus on something positive. And for the fans, too. Obviously not everyone will react the same way, but I think it will be good for them. It can really be healing.

hockeyhun44
10-26-2006, 02:36 PM
All my best wishes go out to the Robinson family.

I am from Ontario, and an OHL fan, but when I heard about this tragedy, I immediately directed my attention to the WHL. I certainly hope Garrett gets better very soon, and my prayers are with your family, city, team and league.

God bless.
Amanda from Ontario

SimonTemplar
10-26-2006, 02:46 PM
Our sincere wishes to Garett and the whole Robinson Family in this time of terrible needless anguish. When it hits home taking three of our own CHL'ers it truly is felt across the country and once again by a drunk driver.

Hang tough kid we are pulling for you.

This will be posted up across the NOOF for OHL Fans and as well The London Knights site for their fans to reply.

Sorry to hear for sure Moose Jaw folks let's a;; hope for a good outcome.

Simon in London.

knightlight
10-26-2006, 03:47 PM
I heard about this serious accident on an ohl board. I offer my prayers and thoughts to the team, friends and family of Garrett Robinson. Stay stong.

thinking of you from London, Ontario
Cathy

3rebels
10-28-2006, 10:53 AM
From all of us: Hang in there. You are in our prayers. Meka a full & speedy recovery :clap:

Wildeyes
10-28-2006, 01:22 PM
The raiders and there fan had a donation table and a huge card on hand for ppl to sign and dontate last night we collected $3,416 For the Family

JDubb
10-28-2006, 06:09 PM
I am watching the Bruins / Senators game on NESN right now and they just spoke about the accident and the Bruins have donated over $5,000 to the fund for his family between the coaches and players and gave an address for others to donate. I just think that is awesome. Would be nice to hear more stories such as this, especially Canadian teams as I am always bugged cuz I don't cheer for one.

All the best to Garrett and his family.

Beaner
10-28-2006, 06:43 PM
The raiders and there fan had a donation table and a huge card on hand for ppl to sign and dontate last night we collected $3,416 For the Family

Great job Raider fans. :thumb:

Giants also held a fundraiser, and raised somewhere between 3300-3500$. ( I forgot the exact total). Giants orginization is matching the amount bringing the total donation to somewhere between 6600-7000$.

Keep the fundraising going fans.

westbeach55
10-29-2006, 12:48 AM
Signs Better for Robinson
posted October 28th, 2006

The news is very encouraging for a member of the Moose Jaw Warriors, critically-injured in a car crash one week ago.
Warriors' general manager Chad Lang says Garrett Robinson is now breathing on his own, has opened his eyes, and is alert and responding to his family being at his side. He remains in critical condition, but this is the most encouraging news yet, since Robinson, 18, went into the intensive-care unit at Regina General Hospital.

Lang's update came Saturday night, during the Warriors' first home game since the crash.

The Warriors played in Prince Albert Friday night, and at that game, fans contributed $3,400 to a trust fund set up by the Warriors to help the Robinson family come out from B.C. to be by Garrett's side. Warrior fans followed that up, by pitching in more than $7,300 when the Raiders visited Saturday.

Donations to the fund can still be made to any Conexus Credit Union branch in Saskatchewan.

Brent Pushkarenko reporting

GBG BLEED BLUE
10-31-2006, 06:22 PM
Press Release from: www.mjwarriors.ca

The Moose Jaw Warriors are please to announce that Moose Jaw Warriors forward Garrett Robinson's condition is improving. The 18 year old Surrey B.C. native has been in stable yet critical condition for several days at Regina's General Hospital ever since October 22nd when he was part of an automobile accident in Moose Jaw. Garrett suffered a traumatic brain injury as a result that accident.

"Garrett is now breathing on his own, has opened his eyes, and is responding to family", stated Chad Lang. "We are very pleased to see the improvement in his condition".

The Moose Jaw Warriors will continue to provide updates about Garrett's recovery as further medical details become available.

This is good news and I am glad that he is getting better (as are all of us too),the support and prayers from fans everywhere is helping for sure. The donations are a sign of how close the hockey community is trying to help in any way possible and that is a good sign also.

nivek_wahs
11-01-2006, 02:33 AM
from discovermoosejaw.com... Moose Jaw man charged (http://www.discovermoosejaw.com/index.php?option=com_d4j_ezine&task=read&page=11&category=32&article=928&Itemid=131)

Curtis Mullen Charged in Warrior's Crash

Written by Chris Rasmussen
Tuesday, 31 October 2006

The 23 year old Moose Jaw man will make his first court appearance December 6th on charges of impaired driving causing bodily harm, dangerous driving causing bodily harm, and driving with a blood alcohol content over .08.

The Moose Jaw Police Service have filed criminal charges against a 23 year old Moose Jaw man in relation to the two vehicle collision that occurred Sunday October 22nd involving 3 Moose Jaw Warriors.

Garrett Robinson was one of the players involved and was transported to Regina in critical condition.

Curtis Jay Mullen has been charged with impaired driving causing bodily harm, dangerous driving causing bodily harm, and driving with a blood alcohol content over .08. Mullen is scheduled to make his first appearance in Moose Jaw on December 6th.

Robinson remains in critical but stable condition in Regina. On the weekend we received good news after Robinson opened his eyes, began breathing on his own, and responded to family members. Joey Perricone and Carter Smith were the other Warriors involved and managed to escape major injuries.

GBG BLEED BLUE
11-01-2006, 11:16 PM
Tonight at the game VS Everett Silvertips the fans(probably Silvertips fans as well) (myself and Blades 4 life included) donated money and raised a total of *drumroll* $4,495 :groovy:

playa
11-02-2006, 03:29 PM
I think it's amazing how many people are contributing. I see a variety of numbers from different fundraising events but is there any sort of grand total that has been put forth to help the Robinson family?

Great to hear his condition has been improving!

Lots of prayers!

old_time_hockey
11-02-2006, 04:32 PM
Well between the Giants and Pats donations it is over $10,000 so far. And who knows how many people have mailed cheques to the Warriors office or gone in branch of the credit union to add to the trust fund.

This is what makes the hockey community so great. When your rival team is having a difficult time everyone pulls together to help. WTG everyone :clap:

Carebear
11-02-2006, 04:34 PM
The Bruins had about $3000 I believe
Hopefully we get another update on Garrett's condition soon.

nivek_wahs
11-03-2006, 12:02 PM
http://www.reginapats.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=663

Pats raising money for Robinson family

The Leader-Post
Published: Friday, November 03, 2006

The Regina Pats are raising money for the Garrett Robinson Recovery Fund.

At this weekend's two home games, the Pats will be auctioning off autographed jerseys, with all proceeds going to support the family members of Moose Jaw Warriors left-winger Garrett Robinson while they remain at his bedside in Regina General Hospital. Robinson, 18, suffered severe head injuries in an Oct. 22 car accident.

At tonight's WHL game against the Kootenay Ice, the Pats will auction off a Nashville Predators jersey signed by former Pats captain Mike Sillinger. Sillinger, who finished last season with Nashville, is now with the New York Islanders.

During Saturday's game against the Everett Silvertips, an autographed Pats jersey will be up for auction. The autographed jerseys will be displayed on the west concourse of the Brandt Centre.

As well, the Pats will be accepting donations during both home games. Fans are encouraged to visit the auction display and sign a get-well card for Robinson and his family.

Robinson's older brother, Matt, spent last season with the Pats. Garrett Robinson is in critical but stable condition. He has opened his eyes, is breathing on his own and is responding to the presence of family members. Technically, he remains in a coma.

"This tragedy has affected all of us in the Western Hockey League, and certainly with our relationship with the Robinson family, it has had a huge impact in our organization,'' Pats general manager Brent Parker said.

"We have been in constant contact with the Warriors organization and the Robinson family to offer assistance and to provide any support we can during this time. We are encouraged by the recent positive developments, but we understand that Garrett and his family have a long road ahead.''

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
11-03-2006, 04:42 PM
I hav'nt had a chance to post on this thread yet so I will. Wow this is a terrible thing in the world of sports, I hope everything is ok with Garrett, I heard it was a pretty bad head injury. you always think these things can never happen but this proves it wrong. I was supposed to do a report on newspaper clippigns in my school and this is the first thing that came to mind. Terrible accidenct, I wish him luck on a long road to recovery.

GBG BLEED BLUE
11-03-2006, 09:58 PM

The Moose Jaw Warriors announced that 18 year old Garrett Robinson has been released from the intensive Care unit at Regina's General Hospital and has been placed in the Neuroscience Unit for further observation. The Moose Jaw Warriors forward is currently in critical but stable condition and will be transported by air ambulance out of Regina to the Royal Columbian Hospital in New Westminster as soon as a bed becomes available.

Garrett remains under constant observation. Upon further medical updates, the Moose Jaw Warriors hockey club will update the public on Garrett's condition

Blades 4 Life!
11-06-2006, 11:35 PM
it was really good news to hear that he came out of his coma. i hope his hockey carerr isnt recked becasuse of some drunk driver. i hope he recovers fully and hopefully comes back to the WHL becasue soemthing that stupid(drunk driver) should reck someones deams, but it does happen and thats what sucks about life but that is what it is. good luck Robinson

Carebear
11-07-2006, 01:22 AM
I thought he technically hadn't come out of the coma yet?

witness
11-07-2006, 09:07 AM
The last I heard (Sunday) he was still in the last stages of a coma. Every day is better. My heart breaks for this family. They go from having dreams and unlimited aspirations for their son, to just hoping that he wakes up and says 'hi Mom'.
There is a chance that he will come out of this with limited memory loss and be fine. It is more likely that he will have major memory and cognitive loss, which could lead to months or years of rehabilitation. Then there is the worst case scenario of having brain damage.
I guess what I am trying to say, is the Robinson family still needs our support. So if you haven't given to the Garrett Robinson Fund, please do so.

Blades 4 Life!
11-07-2006, 10:09 AM
i thought that he had his eyes open but wasent talking. i probably got my info messed up but just as long as he is almost out of his coma. good luck!!!!!

Bran
11-07-2006, 01:46 PM
i thought that he had his eyes open but wasent talking. i probably got my info messed up but just as long as he is almost out of his coma. good luck!!!!!
You're right about that. He's alert and aware of his surroundings, can open his eyes. But he's technically still in a coma. It's not as simple as being in a coma or not. It's more of a continuum. (It's called the Glasgow Coma Scale, if you want to have a look) A person can stay in his state for a very long time, however, the fact that he continues to get better and improve, along with the fact that he's young and healthy, probably bode well for his recovery. He's still got a long road ahead of him, and this family is going to need continued support.

Tipped Off
11-07-2006, 04:53 PM
Robinson Moves Home

http://www.discovermoosejaw.com/index.php?option=com_d4j_ezine&task=read&page=11&category=32&article=965&Itemid=131

Written by Rob Carnie
Monday, 06 November

Moose Jaw Warriors player Garrett Robinson has been taken by air ambulance to a hospital in B.C. to be closer to family and friends.

He's closer to home today and his parents can now start getting back to their daily routines.

Injured Moose Jaw Warrior Garrett Robinson has now been transported to the Royal Columbian Hospital in New Westminster.

He remains in critical but stable condition. The good news is, he was well enough to be moved and that he did on the weekend.

The Robinson family is from Surrey, B.C. so the move will enable them to get back to living at home.

The Warriors promising to keep us up to date on Garrett's progress.

The 18 year old suffered severe head injuries in a two car collision on October 22nd.

Carebear
11-08-2006, 12:19 AM
Good for the family and all his friends I'm sure that he's back close to home.
RCH is a GREAT hospital!

Keep up your hard work at recovery Garrett!

I wonder if a trust fund will be set up here in BC now?

Bran
11-08-2006, 12:45 AM
Good for the family and all his friends I'm sure that he's back close to home.
RCH is a GREAT hospital!

Keep up your hard work at recovery Garrett!

I wonder if a trust fund will be set up here in BC now?
I doubt it. It's probably less complicated to keep the money in one spot, and it could get confusing for people wanting to make donations. The fact that the fund was actually set up by the team may play into that, too. I would assume that, even though Conexus is a Sask based company, they can still get to the money fairly easily? Or can it be transferred from one bank to the next? I don't really know much about trust funds though or how they're accessed so I could be very wrong.

Beaner
11-08-2006, 12:58 AM
I doubt it. It's probably less complicated to keep the money in one spot, and it could get confusing for people wanting to make donations. The fact that the fund was actually set up by the team may play into that, too. I would assume that, even though Conexus is a Sask based company, they can still get to the money fairly easily? Or can it be transferred from one bank to the next? I don't really know much about trust funds though or how they're accessed so I could be very wrong.

It wont be a problem.

Carebear
11-14-2006, 04:18 PM
Anyone know of any updates since he was moved back to BC?

nivek_wahs
11-16-2006, 09:36 AM
GREAT news....

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/sports/story.html?id=cb936360-0dc4-46bc-af05-bd939bdfbf5a

Injured junior speaks out
First verbal message since October crash

Ian Walker, Vancouver Sun
Published: Thursday, November 16, 2006
Moose Jaw Warriors winger Garrett Robinson responded verbally for the first time on Wednesday since suffering serious head injuries in an Oct. 22 car crash.

With the reputation of being a character guy, it should come as no surprise that one of the first things out of the Surrey native's mouth was a shout to his teammates.

"He wanted me to pass on that he wished his team well [Wednesday] against the Portland Winter Hawks," said Warriors general manager Chad Lang, prior to the Vancouver Giants home game against the Seattle Thunderbirds. "It's still difficult for him to talk -- his mouth is wired shut -- so his speech is limited, but it's a huge stride forward."

Lang, 28, has been in Vancouver since Sunday and has spent a majority of his time bedside with his fallen player at the Royal Columbian Hospital in New Westminster.

Robinson first opened his eyes two weeks ago. He's since resumed breathing on his own and responded to the presence of family members.

"His character and determination and will over the past three weeks is simply amazing," said Lang. "The first 48 hours after the injury was a pretty scary time. To see where he is now and the significant strides he's made is a privilege to witness."

Robinson was hurt shortly after the Warriors returned from a road trip through Alberta. He absorbed the brunt of a collision at a Moose Jaw intersection at 6:41 a.m. while returning to his billets home with two teammates. The crash left the Surrey native in a coma. The Moose Jaw Police Service has charged Curtis Jay Mullen, 23, with impaired driving causing bodily harm, dangerous driving causing bodily harm and driving while over .08.

More than $80,000 has been raised for the Garrett Robinson Recovery Fund since it was established by the Warriors in the days following the collision. Donations can be made through the Moose Jaw Warriors Hockey Club, 422 Main St., Moose Jaw, Sask., S6H 3K2.

iwalker@png.canwest.com

© The Vancouver Sun 2006

Beaner
11-16-2006, 10:56 AM
Fantastic news. Good to hear that he is doing better. yahoo

And nice to see that 80k raised for the family. Well done everyone. :thumb:

Flames&HitmenAddict
11-16-2006, 05:01 PM
From the WHL:

Robinson’s Condition Improves
Created: Nov 16, 2006

Thursday November 16, 2006 3:00pm: – The Moose Jaw Warriors have announced that 18 year old Garrett Robinson has been moved to the pediatric floor of the Royal Columbia Hospital in New Westminister, BC and that his condition is now listed as stable.

The Moose Jaw Warriors forward suffered severe brain damage due to a vehicle accident in Moose Jaw on October 22nd after returning home from a road game. At this time, the doctors still are not sure how extensive the damage is, but Garrett has youth and his great physical condition on his side.

Garrett has undergone surgery to repair his broken nose; which was shattered in the car accident. Garrett’s bruised lung is also healing and his jaw has been wired shut. His jaw will remain wired until the first week of December which at that time doctors will re-evaluate to see how it is healing.

Garrett has made some great improvements, but the road to recovery has just begun and will certainly be a long process,” stated Warriors General Manager Chad Lang, who had been in Vancouver with the Robinson family the past four days. "He is expected to stay in the hospital for a minimum of 8 months before being transferred to a rehab center."

Garrett has been able to recognize people and understands and follows simple orders and commands. Garrett has also started to speak thru his broken jaw. "I am extremely proud of Garrett", added Lang. "His determination and will power to over come this severe injury is remarkable and goes to show what character this young man has. I am very proud of him".

Garrett's parents and uncle continue to stay by his side everyday at the hospital and would like to thank everyone for all their prayers, emails, cards and donations to the Garrett Robinson Recovery Fund.

The WHL and the Moose Jaw Warriors will continue to keep the public updated on the young Warriors condition as information becomes available.

MooseJaw_Kyle
12-04-2006, 03:58 PM
Has there been any updates on his health lately?

All I have heard about is the Auction for the Trust Fund.

frontrow fan
12-05-2006, 02:33 PM
i just caught a bit of the radio broadcast from moosejaw on sunday nite, when they played the Rebels. I heard something about Garrett up walking using a walker for assistance... WOW!! This is just awesome news...I know it must feel like its been forever for him and his family, but fom what the reports have said this kid was severly injured. With his chances looking bleak at the beginning, I'd say, up walking with a walker is definately a step on the long long road to recovery...
Our Christmas thoughts and prayers go out to Garrett and his family. It will be a tough year, but one that they can be truly thankfull, they still have their son with them...

MooseJaw_Kyle
12-21-2006, 09:25 PM
whl.ca

Thursday December 21st, 2006 1:00pm: - The family of Garrett Robinson and the members of the Moose Jaw Warriors organization issued the latest update on Garrett’s condition and Rehabilitation as written by Garrett’s father Randy Robinson:

Garrett was moved from the Royal Columbia hospital a few weeks ago to G. F. Strong Rehabilitation hospital. He has shown great progress in his rehabilitation. Garrett is walking now without having to use any walking devices and has stopped using a cane. He has had the wires removed from his broken jaw two weeks ago and is now starting to eat solid foods.

Garrett has also started to put weight back on. At the time of the accident, he weighted 185lbs and before his wires were removed his weight was 139 lbs. He now weights 159 lbs. He loves his food and looks forward to meal time.

Garrett is able to communicate (he talks very softly) with family and visitors. He has good long term memory but remembers nothing on this year’s hockey season or of the accident. Garrett's short term memory is a problem but the doctors hope with proper rehabilitation, it will improve.

Garrett still has weakness on his right side of his body and face but that also is improving daily and should hopefully come back to normal.

Garrett has a very busy schedule every day at G. F. Strong. Garrett’s day starts with O.T., then speech class, followed by school classes. He breaks for lunch then onto physio class and pool or weight room. Garrett talks about hopefully starting to skate soon but that will not be for awhile. Garrett is determined to be playing next year for the Warriors.

At this time, Garrett, brother Matt, mother Carol and father Randy would like to thank everyone for all their prayers, best wishes, emails, cards, phone calls and donations they have received. The support has been unbelievable. Words cannot express how thankful we are to the hockey community out there. We also would like to thank especially at this time the following people: Chad Lang (without him we do not know what we would have done), the Warriors organization and players (especially Joey Perricone and Carter Smith), Brent Parker & Curtis Hunt of the Regina Pats organization, Shauna Duzan (Garrett's billet Mom) , the Pilsner family (especially Carolyn & Barb), the Wray family, the doctors and nurses at all the hospitals, all the WHL teams (for their donations), the Alaska Aces (for getting Matt to us so quick from Alaska), all the special people who came up to Regina to offer support and special thanks to Uncle Clancy (who has been there everyday along side us thru all the tough times). I probably have left out a number of people but we will never forget anyone for all their help.
God Bless everyone and have a great Xmas and next year will be a great year.

Randy Robinson

Carebear
12-21-2006, 09:55 PM
Makes me smile to hear that he's doing so well. GF Strong is an AMAZING place!

Keep fighting!! Best wishes for the holidays to him and his family.

dodywood4ever
12-22-2006, 03:28 PM
If he plays for the Warriors next year it will be the greatest story in years. Strong kid.

MooseJaw_Kyle
12-23-2006, 10:33 AM
Wouldn't that be amazing if he did :thumb:
i wish him the best and i hope to see him next year playing for the Warriors.

dondo
12-23-2006, 01:19 PM
Great to hear about his progress, as CB said GF Strong is a great place, and here's hoping he can make a full recovery.

Good stuff Garrett -- we're all pulling for you.

skinnyhead
01-04-2007, 12:42 AM
Garrett watched the boys live today against Vancouver. Huge boost to the team :clap:

Carebear
01-22-2007, 11:50 AM
Anyone heard any updated lately?

MooseJaw_Kyle
07-08-2007, 03:55 PM
Is Robinson cleared to play next year,whats the deal?I sure hope he can play!

nivek_wahs
07-27-2007, 10:38 AM
From http://www.reganbartel.blogspot.com/

And a nice story out of Regina about a WHL player:

A junior hockey player who received severe head injuries in a car crash in southern Saskatchewan says he's determined to attend his team's training camp next month.Garrett Robinson, 19, of Surrey, B.C., says he's working out and skates every day to prepare for training camp for the Western Hockey League's Moose Jaw Warriors. Robinson received severe head injuries and two other players received minor injuries when a pickup truck being driven by a 23-year-old man slammed into their vehicle near Moose Jaw last October. Robinson says his doctors have told him he can't play any contact sports, but he's determined to go to training camp `no matter what.'Robinson and his teammates were in Smith's car on a road trip when a pickup ran a stop sign and slammed into the vehicle's passenger side where Robinson was sitting. In May, Curtis Jay Mullen, 23, was sentenced to nine months in jail after admitting he'd been drinking before the crash.