PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Tommy Tartaglione Oct. 22

GF71
10-22-2006, 09:10 PM
Here is an interview that I did with Tommy earlier today. I hope you enjoy it!

Q: Where were you when you found out you were traded to the Pats and what was your initial reaction?
A:I was in my billets house when i got the call to come to the rink. I turned to my billet brother and said I need to steal your car to go and be traded. I was excited as i drove to the rink knowing that where ever i was going i knew I was gonna get a chance to play. When i found out it was regina i was excited knowing that they have a good young team.
Q. What were your initial impressions once you landed in regina?
A: As soon as i got off the plane i was freezing. I had brought a jacket with me knowing that it was gonna be cold but it was way colder then i expected and of course the car was parked on the other side of the lot. Making a football field length walk in the cold with my 80 lb bag was not fun.
Q. What are the differences between playing with the Giants and the Pats?
A: Umm there aren't many differences. Both teams have good chemistry and use alot of the same systems. The pats have a lot more tradition being a very long running franchise while the giants are starting to build a tradition.
Q. What do you feel that you bring to the game that the Pats fans may not be aware of yet?
A: Well they all have seem to notice my willingness to wander away from my crease. But something they don't see is the locker room and the bench. I am an upbeat guy who is always trying to get the boys goin' wether i'm playing or riding the bench.
Q: Now that you are a Pat, what goals have you set for yourself for the season?
A: The pats are having a good lil' start to the season and I hope to keep that going whenever I see the ice. We are very close to breaking out and being a front runner in our division. So I hope to keep that going for the rest of the season.
Q: Did you know anybody on the Pats before you joined the team?
A: Tuebert went to SDSS(the same school the giants go too.). And I had driven with Brett Festerling so i had been given a lil' heads up on Garret.
Q: Being a native of southern California and then playing in Vancouver, being in Regina must bit a bit of a culture shock. Other than the temperature, how do you find it?
A: You know I think junior hockey is the same no matter where you go being as most of the boys are from out of town. You do alot of the same things going and hanging out with the boys is the most common thing i have come to learn so the change is not much. Just learning the new boys and how they interact with each other is the only change.
Q. Have you realized that you can't wear sandals and shorts year round in Regina yet? hahahaha
A: Of course I learned that very quickly into day one. brrrrrrr
Q: During your time in Vancouver you were known to have a superstition or two. Care to share them with the Regina fans?
A: haha. Well the big one that everyone will notice from one time to another is my waterbottle routine. At the start of every period I skate torwards the net, tell my water bottle a lil something something before tossing it into my net before doin a few laps.
Q: Now that you have been in Regina for a while, how do you look back on your time in Vancouver?
A: I look back on it the same way at look at everything else...with a big smile. I loved being in van the organization the coach the fans were all great to me. But most of All the boys you come to spend alot of time with them and build a very special relationship. THe bonds I have made i will never forget. I learned alot of things about character and how things work in the WHL and they will come to help me down the road in my junior carrer.
Q: How did it feel to get a win in your first game as a Pat?
A: Well every win is an amazing feeling but especially that first one. YOu wanna come out and play well. Seeing the smile on the boys face, the high fives, the headbutts and the post game song with all the new faces was a great great feeling.
Q: What would you like the Pats fans to know about you, that they may not know yet?
A: That at times it may not seem like i know what i am doing as a goalie but just like a butterfly goalie there is reason for everything i do. LOL :)
Q: Word is you are already wearing your long underwear...it is only October. How are you going to cope when winter actaully hits? haha
A: Well yes the boys are already chirping me about the long underwear but me and K. Ross are gonna go shopping soon and he is gonna help me pick out everything that i need for the winter months and extreme weather that is coming my way.
Q: Have you busted out any of your "sick dangles" in practice yet? haha
A: Of course WE do a few deals here in regina where I get to handle the puck and i showcase a lil bit but they have yet to see the practice spin-o-ramas or the between the leg passing, but it will come.
Q: How do you think the experience you gained being at the Memorial Cup last year will help you this season, and what did you learn from it?
A: I learned through watching the giants that it takes alot of hard work and dedication just to get there and to win it takes something special. They always talk about experience is a huge thing in playoffs and in the mem cup And i hope to do whatever i can to help the boys be mentaly prepared for everything we will face from the media the fans and event itself.
Q: People in Regina may not know about how you ended up getting to re-join the Giants during the Memorial Cup. Word is you were at an Event in Los Angeles. Let's hear the story!
A: Well I was accutly taking in a major league baseball game the dodgers were playing the angels when I got the call at first I didnt know who it was. But soon i learned that it was the giants gm saying that something had happened and they needed me to be on a flight that night to moncton. I had to leave the game early thank goodness the boys in blue (the dodgers) were winning heavly over the cross town rivals. I went home grabed my suit and my gear and was on my way to the big show.
Q: What would you like to say to the fans in Regina?
A: Being here even though it has only been a short time Im expecting alot from the pats this season. We have great team chemistry and some skill to go with it. I hope they enjoy the ride.

Thanks for your time Tommy and Good luck in Regina.

PS go buy some gloves and a touque!

Bran
10-22-2006, 10:53 PM
Good interview, as always. Thank you for that. Haha, I hope he makes it through the winter. It's really good to have him out here. The lady sitting behind me last night gushed about him for most of the game. I'll have to check out a practice one day, I caught a bit the other day but I had to work so I couldn't stay long.

nivek_wahs
10-23-2006, 03:41 AM
Great interview Giantsfan71. Always a good read.

Watching the water bottle thing is probably one of the more interesting things to see. It's always fun to have a quirky goalie.

I hope K. Ross doesn't lead Tommy astray in picking out winter clothes... Ross is winterized :thumb: .

Watching Tommy handle the puck in game action (and during pre-game warmup) is just amazing. He is probably one of the best stickhandlers on the team. Again welcome to Regina, Tommy.

P.S. Keep bundled up :laugh: !

Bran
10-23-2006, 08:31 AM
Great interview Giantsfan71. Always a good read.

Watching the water bottle thing is probably one of the more interesting things to see. It's always fun to have a quirky goalie.

I hope K. Ross doesn't lead Tommy astray in picking out winter clothes... Ross is winterized :thumb: .

Watching Tommy handle the puck in game action (and during pre-game warmup) is just amazing. He is probably one of the best stickhandlers on the team. Again welcome to Regina, Tommy.

P.S. Keep bundled up :laugh: !
That was kinda my thought, too...he needs one of those BC boys helping him out!

rinkrat
10-23-2006, 12:49 PM
Good job,GF71.Thanks for sharing. :thumb:

Carebear
10-23-2006, 05:16 PM
Great interview!

I laughed, I cried...okay I didn't cry, but I do miss Tommy already!

You guys better be good to him!