PDA

View Full Version : Time to break the ICE.

The_Vulk
02-19-2005, 04:57 PM
The Kootenay Ice are in town tonight to take on the Calgary Hitmen.

Hopefully our boys will play much better, knowing that this is one of the top teams in the league, rather than playing down to the level of the lower teams, that they have been doing recently.

mccabe23
02-19-2005, 05:00 PM
Let's go Calgary!!!!! We Rocket fans could really use some help from Calgary tonight!! Also looking forward to seeing the Hitman here in Kelowna in a few weeks!!

RunTheGoalie
02-19-2005, 06:30 PM
We're either going to continue to play to the level of our opponents, and win a close, hard fought game, or we are going to continue to play like garbage, and get the crap kicked out of us tonight.

Hoping the former, fearing the latter.

fightstrap50
02-19-2005, 06:43 PM
HAHAHA YOU WISH GUYS WE KNOW KELOWNAS RIGHT BEHIND US AND THAT KEEPS US ON OUR TOES.WATCH OUT HERE WE COME :groovy:

Chipper
02-19-2005, 10:58 PM
Well YOU did not break the ICE but I would say you chiped it . I know it is very hard to come out of the central div with points and so far we have 2 out of 4 at least from an ICE fan POINT OF VIEW we got points in two games I never caught the game so I don't have the details but sounds like a close one, tomorow another good game with the HAT. GO ICE GO........

RunTheGoalie
02-19-2005, 11:11 PM
In the end, a tie was probably the deserved result.

It was a close, hard fought, boring as hell game dominated by the Ice's defense/trap for about 53 minutes.

Then, for whatever reason, the Ice just fell apart. A couple of poor penalties, some defensive breakdowns, and the Hitmen light up Jeff Glass to take a 3-2 lead. Can't take a coffee break in the dying minutes of the game.

However, Calgary didnt deserve to win either, as we committed four cardinal sins in the final minute of the game.

1. Lost three straight faceoffs. The Hitmen just dont have the ability to win the big draw.

2. Getzlaf should never, under any circumstances be on the ice in a man-down situation. He's way too passive out there to effectively defend in that situation.

3. Getzlaf icing the puck trying for an empty net goal.

4. Dansereau (I believe) dropped his man to go after the puck carrier who was already covered. His man was left wide open in the slot, and fired home the tying goal. If Keegan sticks with his man, the Hitmen win.

Glass made a ridiculous save in the overtime to preserve the tie though.

fightstrap50
02-19-2005, 11:27 PM
Thats a good post you must have been at the game it sounded like a crazy save that your talikng about our radio announcer went nuts it was awsome.to bad we let you guys creep back up on us like last night in lethbridge darn it!:rolleyes:

ScottyWazz
02-20-2005, 02:45 AM
RTG is right. The Hitmen really seemed to pull one out of there hats in the third, but didn't deserve the win in this one.

I'm not sure if anyone else saw it, but it seemed to me that the Hitmen are relying too much on Pogge. I mean, that kid has become the workhorse. I'm afraid he could burn out and then the Hitmen are somewhat screwed in the fact they don't have a goalie with too much game experience. I have faith that Spence could do something spectacular, but he'll show rust if he's not played.

The Hitmen pretty much have wrapped up a spot in the playoffs. I mean, they have 71 points compared to the 48 or so that Speedy Creek has. Play Spence in a couple of games against some higher caliber teams, just to get him some time in. I think that Pogge's knee that he had work done on would appreciate it too.

The_Vulk
02-20-2005, 09:54 AM
but it seemed to me that the Hitmen are relying too much on Pogge
Yes, that is the impression many of getting.

Our back-up needs more play than just the once a month that it seems he is getting. We know they work hard in practice, but they need game time too.

As for the game...

Once again, it looked like the Hitmen got into trouble when they stopped talking to each other on the ice.

Pogge does alot of talking, but the rest of the team must also talk to each other. Letting them know of the trailer, who has whom, etc.

At least, they did not choak after being down 2-0, but faught back. That, in itself, was a great improvement ofer previous outtings.

RunTheGoalie
02-20-2005, 10:24 AM
The time to get Spence in for a game was the back-to-backs against Moose Jaw and Swift Current. For the life of me I cannot understand why Kisio started Pogge both nights.

Ergo
02-20-2005, 12:59 PM
The time to get Spence in for a game was the back-to-backs against Moose Jaw and Swift Current. For the life of me I cannot understand why Kisio started Pogge both nights.

Could be because Kisio is a complete idiot and couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag?

He's made some decent trades as a GM but other than that he has been a complete bust for this organization. :mad:

The_Vulk
02-20-2005, 01:30 PM
Well, we'll see if Spence gets the start today.

(Kisio) made some decent trades as a GM but other than that he has been a complete bust for this organization.
It was rumoured that the Flames were going to get rid of him last year, but because he got an award by the WHL (I think it was), that they decided at the time, they could not remove him.