PDA

View Full Version : Ivan Rohac

scamperdog
10-23-2006, 05:06 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - MONDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2006
www.blazerhockey.com
The Kamloops Blazers are excited to annouce that Slovak forward FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - MONDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2006

The Kamloops Blazers are excited to annouce that Slovak forward Ivan Rohac has been named the WHL Player of the Week for the week of October 16th to 22nd.

Rohac, a rookie from Liptovsky Mikulas, SVK, scored two goals and added two assists in an 8-5 win over the Saskatoon Blades on October 20th, while chipping in with two more helpers in the Blazers' 3-0 win over the Kelowna Rockets on October 21st. Rohac was also plus-4 in those two games.

Rohac spent the weekend playing on a line with rookie Matt Schmermund and veteran Matt Kassian. Schmermund also made headlines on the weekend by scoring 2 goals in 5 seconds against Saskatoon...a feat which tied a league record set four times previously and not accomplished since 1992.

Rohac is the first Blazer to receive the league's Player of the Week award since Devan Dubnyk got the nod for his play during the week of September 29th to October 5th, 2003.

has been named the WHL Player of the Week for the week of October 16th to 22nd.

Rohac, a rookie from Liptovsky Mikulas, SVK, scored two goals and added two assists in an 8-5 win over the Saskatoon Blades on October 20th, while chipping in with two more helpers in the Blazers' 3-0 win over the Kelowna Rockets on October 21st. Rohac was also plus-4 in those two games.

Rohac spent the weekend playing on a line with rookie Matt Schmermund and veteran Matt Kassian. Schmermund also made headlines on the weekend by scoring 2 goals in 5 seconds against Saskatoon...a feat which tied a league record set four times previously and not accomplished since 1992.

Rohac is the first Blazer to receive the league's Player of the Week award since Devan Dubnyk got the nod for his play during the week of September 29th to October 5th, 2003.

GF71
10-23-2006, 05:18 PM
Well this certainly looks good on what appers to be a vastly improved Blazers team early on. Is this the year they finally are able to turn the corner? I am curious to know what Kamloops fans think.

KBF
10-23-2006, 11:05 PM
Well its about time Rohac caught fire, he's been crazy out there all year. Absolutley electric about sums up his play this weekend and for the most part all season. Now I think he's broken out and ready to continue to wreak havoc on the opposition.

This team so far have been great. 1 solid effort after another and that is all we Blazer fans have been asking for. They've dominated just about all their games and the offense has been terrific. Got alot of depth, got a solid top 6 in Nixon, Jorgensen, Puustinen, Rohac, Dunstall and Stretch and excellent veteran depth in Mason, Delorande.

The Rookies have been solid, Shattock uses his body well as he is a big boy and is only going to get bigger, definetly the solid Power Forward we've needed for years and thought we had in Paul Brown a couple years back, and also Shattock's best buddy Rodgers has shown a ton of skill, he is going to be a solid set up man for years to come.

Of course all this comes with fingers crossed as I pray to the lord that things don't unravel. But right now there isn't really anything to complain about other than the goaltending. That sure sucks for Dubby, he's here 4 yeas rs and all he wanted was his team to play as hard as he did and now they finally get it and he's gone.

Right now the Blazers are 2nd in the league behind the Giants in shots against averages.

Anyways, I look forward to the first meeting between the Giants and Blazers as I think it will be a doosy.