PDA

View Full Version : Warriors to Play This Weekend

Beaner
10-25-2006, 12:25 PM
from, www.mjwarriors.ca

Warriors to Play This Weekend

Moose Jaw, SK: Warriors General Manager Chad Lang announced late last night that the Moose Jaw Warriors hockey team will not re-schedule their home & home games this upcoming weekend against the Prince Albert Raiders due to the vehicle accident that Warriors Carter Smith, Joey Perricone, and Garrett Robinson were in early Sunday morning while returning from the Teams Alberta road swing. Garrett Robinson remains in stable but critical condition at the General Hospital in Regina.

Fans are encouraged to come and support their Moose Jaw Warriors as they step on home ice for the first time since the accident. Tickets for the October 28th game can be purchased by calling the Warriors office at 694-5711 or by visiting the Warriors front office at 422 Main St.

Thoughts and prayers for the Robinson family can be submitted through the Warriors website at www.mjwarriors.ca

Saturday October 28th
Prince Albert Raiders
vs.
Moose Jaw Warriors
7:00pm

Probably for the best to get back playing. Win 2 for Garrett Warriors.

Five Hole
10-25-2006, 02:50 PM
This is probably one of the most tragic and unfortunate situations that can happen. I can't imagine what the Robinson family must be going through. Everyone is hoping for the best possible outcome.
I think this news has been a real shocker to anyone who follows the WHL, including our whole "Fans" community. I imagine for the whole Warriors organization, especially all of Garrett's teammates, and particularly the two that were in the vehicle with him, it has to be incredibly difficult to be concentrating on much else.
But, knowing the closeness that teammates have for each other and the bond that these players develop and their love of the game, I would think that they, as a group, would want to do whatever they could to rise up and honour their friend and teammate by getting back in action and competing hard for him, and dedicating the season to him and his recovery efforts.
Best wishes to Garrett, his family, and all his teammates.