PDA

View Full Version : Hats off to......

Bob in Everett
02-20-2005, 12:55 AM
The Red Deer Rebels Boosters, Everett was happy to host the best darn bunch of hockey boosters in the WHL. Very nice and dedicated fans, regardless off the score. I hope they liked the cowbells!

fightstrap50
02-20-2005, 01:02 AM
they must have changed alot in a couple years they have been good here in Cranbrook to but a couple years ago here the fan bus started a big fight in the stands like a bunch of idiots and were supposedly banned for the rest of the year :confused:

Tinner
02-20-2005, 08:15 AM
just maybe, they were having fun, like your supposed to, and it was the Cranny fans that may have started the fight. It could have happened either way, but knowing the fans that are real boosters of the Rebels, I cant see it happening unless provoked, but I wasn't there then but heard about it.

Anyway, 5 cities got to see how our fans enjoy the game, and 1 poster to this board thought they were out of line and 4 positive comments prove to me that they are great fans and ones that go to have fun and meet new people and of course, other posters that are on this site.

Great job representing the Rebels fans guys! :clap:

D.A.
02-20-2005, 09:51 AM
they must have changed alot in a couple years they have been good here in Cranbrook to but a couple years ago here the fan bus started a big fight in the stands like a bunch of idiots and were supposedly banned for the rest of the year :confused:

I'll speak up on that one because I was there. I won't say that a couple Rebels fans weren't at fault at all, because they could have reacted differently and things would have ended differently. But what instigated the whole thing was 3 or 4 drunk Kootenay fans who decided it would be fun to move from where the seats they actually bought down to in front of the Rebels fans. They then proceeded to act like idiots, taunting the Rebels fans, standing up most of the time so the Rebels fans couldn't see, etc. Finally, a Rebels fan confronted them verbally from a few rows away. The Ice fans made a challenge and the Rebels fan accepted. Everything busted out from that and lasted maybe a few minutes before it was over. The police talked to the fans in question, and nothing more came of it. There was never any talk of us not returning.

Tinner
02-20-2005, 10:27 AM
I was sure there was an explaination that would come forward.

I would hope fightstrap would read and reply.

Chipper
02-20-2005, 02:23 PM
I'll speak up on that one because I was there. I won't say that a couple Rebels fans weren't at fault at all, because they could have reacted differently and things would have ended differently. But what instigated the whole thing was 3 or 4 drunk Kootenay fans who decided it would be fun to move from where the seats they actually bought down to in front of the Rebels fans. They then proceeded to act like idiots, taunting the Rebels fans, standing up most of the time so the Rebels fans couldn't see, etc. Finally, a Rebels fan confronted them verbally from a few rows away. The Ice fans made a challenge and the Rebels fan accepted. Everything busted out from that and lasted maybe a few minutes before it was over. The police talked to the fans in question, and nothing more came of it. There was never any talk of us not returning.
The rebel fans are definatly some of the best fans in the league and follow there team around the league, That infamous game in Cranbrook was an exception and not the way that things have been many times before or since and I beleave that alcohol was definatly the driving fource behind what went on there. I wasn't there for the most of the game but I was a security guard there and was down in the thick of thins pulling fans apart from fighting. now weather the Ice fans started it or the Reb fans all I know is that they were all totaly hammered both sides and imo both at fault. that was a long time ago and hopefully we can let it go and you are welcome to Cranbrook anytime I personaly always enjoy your fans dedication to the team and game.

Tinner
02-20-2005, 05:36 PM
im betting they had a good time, thanks and im looking forward to some of the stories that will come out of this latest trip.