PDA

View Full Version : Wheatkings 2 @ Giants 3 Oct 25 (SOW)

Beaner
10-25-2006, 11:58 PM
Good game tonight as the Wheatkings with a tenacious forecheck gave the Giants defenders fits in their own zone tonight. Giants made numerous gaffs in their own zone due to the speed and checking of Brandons forwards, and had an extremely tough time clearing the puck. Both PP's were strangely quiet,as both teams PK's did very well shutting down their opposition. Both goalies were good in the nets except for 3 of the goals which were strange ones to say the least.

NOTES
Sexsmith and Plante got the starts
Festerling (Family Reasons), Cunningham and Wright were the giants scratches
PP's Brandon 1/7, Giants 1/8
Shots 34-27 Giants

GOALS
1. VAN Watt, (9) , 15:20 Robak witht he puck being chased behind his net cuts around and then throws a back pass behind the net straight to Watt who tucks it in open side on a startled Plante.
1. BRN Topilko, (3) (Robak), 17:43 (PP) 5-4, Bliznak fans on a clearing attempt, Topilko gets it and fires a shot that beats Sexsmith. I thought it hit something on the way to the net.
2. VAN Lucic, (4) (Kraus, Mikkelson), 5:11 (PP) 5-4, Kraus fires a cross ice pass that Lucic gets in the slot and he wheels and fires as Plante has moved to far expecting the puck going down low to the opposite side.
3. BRN Clark, (6) (Simek), 15:37 Simek from the goal line fires a pass thru the crease that Mikkelson misses and Clark redirects it in.

SHOOT-OUT
Brandon:
10 Mark Derlago No Goal - Tries to go high glove side but Sexsmith catches it.
12 Juraj Simek No Goal - Tries the deke to the stick side but the pad is down for another save
27 Andrew Clark No Goal - Another pad save by Sexsmith on the Clark Shot

Vancouver:
12 Tim Kraus Goal - Beats Plante High glove side with a couple moves.
6 Cody Franson No Goal - Goes for the 5 hole but Plante makes the stop with the pad.

FISTICUFFS
Lucic vs Louis

Not sure what set this off but they dump the equipment and go at it at center ice. Louis grabs on to Lucic for most of the fight not trying to do anything but hang on, but Lucic manages to get a hand free a couple times to get a few good shots in and the takedown as well. WIN LUCIC

OFFICIATING
Guest and Smith tonight and they were not very good tonight. Couple very weak calls, a strange call for Goaltender interference that the near official waves off but the one 100' away calls, and then the total tackle of Watt on a rush in overtime that wasnt called.

Not a very good game from the 2 officials.

OVERALL
Brandon is very good. Great speed good forecheck and even though they didnt score on the PP at the 30% clip they have been, you can see why their PP is that good. Would like to see more of Brandon play but c'est la vie.

Give the hit of the night to Yeo who just smoked Bouma with a clean hit at the blue line that put Bouma on his butt. Nice hard clean check.

Vancouver had some real challenges in their own zone as I stated before, most notable Franson and Mikkelson were having a terrible time getting the puck out of their own zone. Too many fancy and just plain bad decisions with the puck. Giants overall need to step their play up a notch ot two, they seem to have lost some of the edge that they started the year with and are no longer controlling teams like they have in the past.

Have to say this is the first time I have seen Sexsmith in the shoot-out and wow is he good at it. Very focused and right with the shooters the whole way.

3 Stars
1. VAN - 27 Milan Lucic
2. BRN - 35 Tyler Plante
3. VAN - 29 Tyson Sexsmith

I think I would have gone with Kraus, but probably picked before overtime.

Jimmy
10-26-2006, 12:02 AM
most notable Franson and Mikkelson were having a terrible time getting the puck out of their own zone. Too many fancy and just plain bad decisions with the puck.

Exactly.

Those two are good, but they need to stop playing like they know it.

Beaner
10-26-2006, 12:05 AM
Failed to mention the Chaplin who came out at the start of the game to lead the crowd in a prayer for Garrett Robinson, and his family.

Very nice of the Giants orginization to do this for the Robinsons. :thumb:

rinkrat
10-26-2006, 12:23 AM
The Wheaties exposed some Giant weaknesses in my opinion,and they have a great team.(Wait till we play MH)
I think we need a couple more gritty players like Parker last year,or players more willing to get their nose dirty.They seem kind of passive when it comes to initiating physical play and dictating the flow of the game dept.
Remember the heated games vs Kelowna,with Grant and Weber etc?
Also Cody and Brendan had a tough time under pressure,another problem that needs to be addressed,although I guess thats the new reality of the new rules as players can't hold up the forechecker now.
Nice check by Yeo,great game as usual from Hunt,very exciting play,especially the PK.
We'll take the points. :D

Hunt24
10-26-2006, 12:28 AM
Giants keep home slate clean with shootout win over Wheaties
Brandon Wheat Kings 2 Vancouver Giants 3 (SO)

On a night where two of the Western Hockey League's highest scoring teams were expected to light it up, fans at the Pacific Coliseum were instead treated to a defensive struggle where the hometown Vancouver Giants came out on top.

The Giants and Brandon Wheat Kings have combined for 107 goals this season but managed only 4 goals through regulation and overtime Wednesday night.

J.D. Watt opened the scoring for Vancouver scoring on a turnover behind the Brandon Wheat Kings net at 15:20 of the first period. A little more than two minutes later Brandon's Jeff Topilko would score his third goal of the season on the powerplay. For the much-hyped Brandon powerplay this would be their only goal of the night despite having seven opportunities.

Milan Lucic would get the Giants back in front with a powerplay goal of his at 5:11 of the second period. The two teams would trade limited chances for nearly 30 minutes before the Wheat Kings' Andrew Clark tied the game.

Despite the offensive prowess of both teams, neither squad was able to earn a shot on goal during overtime.

Tim Kraus, playing after missing the last game with the flu, was one of the most spirited Giants throughout the night and scored the only shootout goal as Mark Derlago, Juraj Simek and Clark all failed to score for Brandon.

Tyson Sexsmith (7-0-0, 1.52) made 25 saves for Vancouver while Tyler Plante (7-3-0-2, 2.98) stopped 31 Vancouver shots including a great save off of Cody Franson in the second period in a losing effort.

The Giants close out the home stand on Friday against the Kelowna Rockets.

Fight Card

Lucic vs Louis Winner: Draw

Giants Beat.com Three Stars

1. Tim Kraus. Rarely is Tim Kraus a physical presence, but tonight he played with more edge than Giants fans are used to seeing and it was easily his best game of the year. The 19-year-old pivot set up the Lucic goal and scored the shootout winner. All of this only days after being unable to come to the rink with the flu.
2. Tyler Plante. As good as advertised, the second round pick of the Florida Panthers was steady throughout the night and the Wheaties fed off of this. His stop on Franson in the second period gave his team a chance to tie the game.
3. Michal Repik. The first line is starting to look like a complete unit. The draft eligible Czech forward was flying all over the ice tonight and being his creative self. He had no points tonight but his speed made sure that whenever his line was out the Wheat Kings had to work extra hard.

Jimmy
10-26-2006, 12:30 AM
Did anyone else hear Hunt hooting and hollering in the first?

dondo
10-26-2006, 12:30 AM
Well looks like you and I saw the same game beaner as a lot of what you mentioned is in my recap. :thumb:

I was wearing my new Jonny Blum third jersey, which I am very pleased with but not very pleased with the front office and how they reacted. the Hockey shop did me a massive favour by bringing my jersey to the rink and leaving it at the Giants front office for me at the Coliseum.

I walked in to pick up my jersey and the woman behind the desk was wondering what this jersey was all about (as for some reason they didn't have a name on it -- which I thought was weird but whatever -- I described the jersey and she assumed it must be mine). There were a few loose threads and so I asked if I could borrow some scissors to snip them off.

You would think I asked for her first born as she sighed and opened the drawer to get the scissors -- i guess talking to her buddy there was too interesting to actually deal with the paying public. There was no "hey nice jersey or you got Blum eh?", nope nothing -- this is what I am talking about with regard to customer service -- here's an opportunity to thank a fan for investing in the team and be personable and she was mostly civil -- I mean wth?? these are the people who work in the front office??

btw a great big thank you to the hockey shop for doing that for me it was greatly appreciated and now I'll go and buy another jersey there and nowhere else next time. :groovy: and Trevor if you catch up with me I'll buy you a beverage.

anyway here's the recap for the game -- enjoy.

Giants Grind Wheaties
Vancouver 3 Brandon 2 S/O

The Vancouver Giants went into tonight trying to extend their home undefeated streak to eight wins and no losses. The G-Men would have a tough time of it though as they were facing the Brandon Wheat Kings who came in smoking hot, boasting the best PP percentage in the WHL, at 31.3%. The Giants boasted the best PK percentage in the dub, with 93.3% kill tally. However, the Wheaties had won 5 of their last 6 earning a point in that sixth game as they went down in a shootout. It promised to be a battle of champions, but ended up more of strategic defensive duel with bizarre goals, and tight checking being the order of the evening.

The Giants weathered three straight penalties to start the game, one of which the closest ref to play waived off and the second ref at centre-ice called. It was a goalie interference penalty and Garet Hunt was tagged for the infraction after deftly stripping the goalie of the puck behind the net and then having the Wheat King ‘tender fall over dramatically. The Giants were the first on the board though, but not until Milan Lucic dropped the gloves with big Mark Louis. It was toe to toe battle, with the combatants exchanging blows and Milan eventually getting the higher hit count in the end, but neither player going down. It elevated the small crowd of 5900 and brought a bit of energy into the building. The goal came from some odd pressure in the Brandon zone as JD Watt pressed behind the net with the puck going to the Brandon player who drifted the puck back behind the net. Tyler Plante had already slid to the other post and JD tucked the puck in the net from behind on the open side, for an unassisted tally of the bizarre variety. The Wheat Kings would get one back on their much vaunted PP, when Jonathon Blum would get tagged for hooking. Jeff Topilko would get the tally off of a puck that either found its way through traffic, or was deflected in front of the net, as Tyson Sexsmith reacted late to it and seemed surprised by it going in.

The second would start out slowly with the Wheat Kings pressuring the Giant players all over the ice. The Brandon team used their speed to best advantage and was winning most of the puck battles all night long. At times the Giants seemed disinterested in working hard to gain possession of the puck and uncharacteristically gave away the puck in their defensive zone with surprising frequency. Part of that was the pressure that the Wheaties were bringing to the fore as they demonstrated why they were on such a hot streak as of late, but a lot of it was just sloppy play by the Giants themselves. The ice also seemed pretty choppy as several players went down and the puck bounced around like a Mexican jumping bean all night long.

The Giants would go up by one early in the second on a PP of their own. Brendan Mikkelson fed the puck down to Tim Kraus and Kraus tried a cross ice pass which was intercepted in the high slot by Lucic. Brandon goalie Plante had already committed to the pass and left the goal-mouth wide open and as he slid across the crease Lucic deposited a writer in the back of the net. Another odd goal on a night where both ‘tenders played fairly solidly. The teams would stay that way throughout the second with the Giants failing to capitalize on the PP opportunities the Wheaties had given them early on in the second and then turning around and making some dumb plays to garner a few disadvantages of their own to end the middle stanza.

The Giants looked a bit tired in the third as they seemed to play listless hockey and were sitting on their lead playing defensive hockey, but not really committing to puck possession. The Wheat Kings were out-working the G-Men and seemed to be wearing them down, and it felt like a fait accompli that they would get the tying goal. They did at 15:37 of the third, off of a sweet blind back pass to the front of the net. Andrew Clark was standing unchallenged in the blue paint and tipped the pass between the wickets on Sexsmith who was left all alone by his d-men. The teams played to a draw by then end of sixty and then played one of the most defensive four on four OTs I have personally ever witnessed. The shots on goal for the OT period were a big goose egg for both squads. I suppose they were eager to get to the shootout.

Brandon opened the shootout with Tyson Sexsmith snapping a puck, labelled for the top corner, out of the air with his blindingly quick glove. Tim Kraus weaved an deked before snapping the puck high into the twine to put the Giants up by one. Tyson stoned the next guy with a nice pad save, and Cody Franson failed to score on his opportunity. Sexsmith bricked up the net and the Giants won without having to send a third shooter out to try his luck. Tyson got his seventh win and third shootout win of the season, and as the boys on the radio said is making a strong case to be called a money goaltender. Sexsmith remains undefeated this season as Don Hay continues to switch ‘tenders for every game..

The Giants went 1 for 8 on the PP while holding the razor sharp Brandon PP to 1 for 7. the shots were 34-27 in favour of the G-Men. Not exactly the barn-burner I was hoping for but its always good to see two teams battle it out like that in end. I just wish the better Giants team would have shown up to truly test their mettle. Sexsmith earned the win which should probably have gone Brandon’s way getting a third star for his efforts. The Giants next opponent is the Kelowna Rockets who are lacking their fire-power of old but are sure to bring their hard-working style of play to the Coliseum. The Giants will need to ready to put on the hardhats and grind out the win with some effort of their own. The game will be on Friday night October 27th, and the puck drops at 7:30pm.

Three Stars
1 – Milan Lucic
2 – Tyler Plante
3 – Tyson Sexsmith

dondo
10-26-2006, 12:31 AM
Did anyone else hear Hunt hooting and hollering in the first?

yeah that was bizarre -- felt like a native war cry or something -- I howled when I heard it. Gotta love Hunt, he played pretty hard tonight.

Hunt24
10-26-2006, 12:35 AM
During the World Junior exhibition games out east Jordin was politely "asked" to refrain from using a similar Native yell while on the ice. If legend can be believed one of the Czech kids refused to go on the ice for his second shift because of Jordin.

Hunt's was pretty funny - kid was fired up tonight.

Swando
10-26-2006, 01:01 AM
Failed to mention the Chaplin who came out at the start of the game to lead the crowd in a prayer for Garrett Robinson, and his family.

Very nice of the Giants orginization to do this for the Robinsons. :thumb:

Amen to that Beaner. I was worried they were going to have a minute of silence which I thot would have been classless and then they bring out a prayer and "wow" that was CLASS. My prayers are with the Robinsons! I'm letting the G Brass know that it was a class act as well.

old_time_hockey
10-26-2006, 01:09 AM
Not to re-open the Reese debate, but add his name next to Milkkelson of people that I want to see glued to the bench against the Rockets.

There were a couple of times when he didn't have the puck that he looked like he was just watching the game happen till the puck got to him. But what put the nail in his coffin tonight as far as I was concerned was when the Giants were under pressure in their own zone (forget which period because there was this stupid woman sitting 2 rows behind me saying "OMG....I can play better than this" or "Why don't you try and skate or something" really threw me off my game) and he had a chance to clear, but he was going to get hit. So instead of making sure he cleared the zone but take the moderate check, he takes a weak girl poke at it while turning away from the check. That is absolute BS when you have players like JD Watt, Mitch Czibere, Garet Hunt, Milan Lucic and even Tim Kraus willing to pay the price for the team and Reese turns away like a coward. There is no room for that on a team that wants to hoist the Memorial Cup.

Now for the positives......TYSON SEXSMITH!!! Boy oh boy is he cool as a cucumber for a 17 year old. So solid with his positioning. Amazing scouting job to have.

and Lucic. I was hoping that he would get the Gordie Howe hatty. Had a slow start but is he ever coming on now.

Swando
10-26-2006, 01:30 AM
Not to re-open the Reese debate, but add his name next to Milkkelson of people that I want to see glued to the bench against the Rockets.

There were a couple of times when he didn't have the puck that he looked like he was just watching the game happen till the puck got to him. But what put the nail in his coffin tonight as far as I was concerned was when the Giants were under pressure in their own zone (forget which period because there was this stupid woman sitting 2 rows behind me saying "OMG....I can play better than this" or "Why don't you try and skate or something" really threw me off my game) and he had a chance to clear, but he was going to get hit. So instead of making sure he cleared the zone but take the moderate check, he takes a weak girl poke at it while turning away from the check. That is absolute BS when you have players like JD Watt, Mitch Czibere, Garet Hunt, Milan Lucic and even Tim Kraus willing to pay the price for the team and Reese turns away like a coward. There is no room for that on a team that wants to hoist the Memorial Cup.

Now for the positives......TYSON SEXSMITH!!! Boy oh boy is he cool as a cucumber for a 17 year old. So solid with his positioning. Amazing scouting job to have.

and Lucic. I was hoping that he would get the Gordie Howe hatty. Had a slow start but is he ever coming on now.

I was going to rant on Reese earlier in a quote,,, as I saw a very poor effort on his part tonight and I'm sure that Hay will have one of his talks with him. If he continually does his disappearing act against top teams I think he'll soon be shown a different avenue to the rink! I agree OT Hockey I saw it first hand tonight. I also realize that our division and others are a lot weeker than last year... So we better be prepared for Everett and MH etc. I thot the boys did okay tonight having faced thier best competition yet. BUT THE GIANTS WANT TO FIELD A TEAM THAT WILL WIN THE MEMORIAL CUP AND NOT JUST WIN THE CONFERNECE Agree?

Swando
10-26-2006, 01:37 AM
And to add to your post OT Hockey I thot Franson did an admirable job with a heavy work load. It seemed he never left the ice at times. Yes he coughed it up a couple of times as did every one accept Mikkelson who coughed it up numerous times. I made a comment to my STH buddy...maybe Portland had the same feeling. I think when he tries to do do to much (like a Flatters) he ruins his game. He needs to play a skating and passing game not dipsy doodle/fancy game like Franson can (or Albers).. He is not Canada Junior Team quality at this moment. Yet I love him cause he is a Giant..

Kassian
10-26-2006, 01:45 AM
Have to say this is the first time I have seen Sexsmith in the shoot-out and wow is he good at it. Very focused and right with the shooters the whole way.

I've been telling you guys that for a while now. :p

It was nice to see him involved in a shootout at home this time around. The Giants should start Sexsmith more often for games that have potential to go to a shootout. If Slade is in net we are pretty much screwed. :laugh:

Beaner
10-26-2006, 08:28 AM
The more I think about last nights game, the more I come to one thought.

The Giants, plain and simple, got out-worked last night.

Brandon beat them to loose pucks, out-muscled us along the boards, put pressure on the Giants puck carriers faster, and were the harder working team.

Got to tip your hat to the Wheatkings, it's been pretty rare the last year or so that the Giants have been out-worked in a game.

old_time_hockey
10-26-2006, 10:47 AM
I agree. The Wheaties sure did look impressive with their puck support and the way they battled in the corners.

And Juraj Simek...does this kid have after burners or what.

Oh, forgot to ask. Did anyone else take part in that fan survey those Kwantlen students were conducting? I had a lady come up to me while I was having my traditional beer while watching the warm up. I asked her if the Giants were actually going to review these answers or not and she said they are. So I made sure that I answered I wasn't too satisfied with our access to the team as well as with the Giants Shop. Hope enough people responded the same way.

dondo
10-26-2006, 11:44 AM
Yeah agreed the Giants got out-worked, but then they also didn't work back. They were beat to pucks and worked hard along the corners, but what bugged me the most was how a lot of our players would just stand there and not move their feet. I did not see the hunger for the loose puck which I saw for most of the games this season so far.

The Bliznak, Reese, Watt line didn't impress me much, as they would all at different times become spectators instead of participants.

I liked Kraus, Hunt, Czibere, Lucic were working hard , Franson and Mikkelson were sloppy though and Blum had a couple of gaffes as well although he was steadier than the other two top D, one of the better Flatters games I've seen and Regner and Toigo had their moments (esp Nolan he had some nice hits and good forecheck going), but when they were pressed they showed their rookie stripes.

The Wheaties ice a hell of a team though and we can't take anything away from their game, cause they made our boys look ordinary out there and not many teams can do that.

Kassian
10-26-2006, 11:55 AM
Oh, forgot to ask. Did anyone else take part in that fan survey those Kwantlen students were conducting?

Yeah I did as well. So at the very least a couple of us got our two cents in....

GF71
10-26-2006, 01:31 PM
For my money Regner, Kraus and Lucic were the best Giants on the ice last night. Mikkelson, Franson and Reese all had poor games, IMO...particualrly the D...they were having trouble handling the puck all night. Whomever said the Giants got out worked made the understatement of week. IMO if it wasn't for Sexy the Giants would've lost in a bad way. Save of the game had to be late in the third when a Wheatie dumped it in...it bounced and if it wasn't for Tyson's big toe it would've gone in. I think if Slade is ever in a shoot-out they have to pull him in favor of Sexy. Slade doesn't usually do well on breakaways/shoot outs. Tyson excells at them. :p

Anyway...with a weak Rockets team coming in on Friday, I think we will all be getting free appies again.

playon
10-26-2006, 05:17 PM
Reese was that bad tonight? Or did we just like you said finally find something negative to harp on since he has been playing very well this season. Wow!

Knuckles Muldoon
10-26-2006, 06:12 PM
Some late thoughts:
Lucic was easily the best player on the ice. He was everywhere and getting a lot of hits in. He's upping the ante every game these days.
Break up Franson and Mikkelson for a while. They look far too relaxed out there, rendering their intensity to be sub-par. A change-up of combos at this point certainly wouldn't be disasterous, IMO. I just want to see all Dmen play well and effectively. Franson/Mikk have been average for a while now.
Sexsmith is turning out to be the real deal.
Too many forwards have gone missing as of late. Reese, Lamb, Bliznak and even Repik haven't been getting many scoring chances. Its time for those guys to start getting to the net more often.
Brandon has a real good-looking team. Lots of sniper-appeal and some very dangerous Dmen to back them up. Simek was very impressive: strong, shifty, hard to strip the puck from. Did the Canucks grab a steal there?
The reffing continues to drive me crazy. They absolutely look like they are trying to hit a nightly penalty quota. Its a joke.
I hate shootouts, I'll always hate shoot-outs. Its hardly a 'win' by any description.
It was a pretty good game, but fell a little short of expectations. And now back to a dog like Kelowna on Friday. Yuck.

GF71
10-26-2006, 06:41 PM
Reese was that bad tonight? Or did we just like you said finally find something negative to harp on since he has been playing very well this season. Wow!

He had an off game...He has been playing quite well actually, but not last night. THere were players who had worse games, but after his great play the last few games last night was quite a disapointment. I am sure he will bounce back though.

rinkrat
10-26-2006, 07:57 PM
The reffing continues to drive me crazy. They absolutely look like they are trying to hit a nightly penalty quota.

Totally agree,there is a quota in place for the refs.
Not to be negative,but the games aren't as fun as last year,its kinda weird.
Seems like I'm cheering the boys to hang on to a lead and not get knocked off their perch rather than watching crunching hits,hard forechecking and leathal snipers! Is it boring,or am I getting complacent?

Kassian
10-26-2006, 09:03 PM
Totally agree,there is a quota in place for the refs.
Not to be negative,but the games aren't as fun as last year,its kinda weird.
Seems like I'm cheering the boys to hang on to a lead and not get knocked off their perch rather than watching crunching hits,hard forechecking and leathal snipers! Is it boring,or am I getting complacent?

You aren't alone. I still enjoy the WHL more than any other hockey league but I tend to agree with you. I feel the same way about the NHL today. Years ago I loved it. But today it's ruined and almost watchable, IMO.

Knuckles Muldoon
10-26-2006, 09:07 PM
You aren't alone. I still enjoy the WHL more than any other hockey league but I tend to agree with you. I feel the same way about the NHL today. Years ago I loved it. But today it's ruined and almost watchable, IMO.
For me, the NHL is unwatchable. Unfortunately, the Dub is closing in on that status also.

rinkrat
10-26-2006, 09:14 PM
The two clowns on Vancouver sports radio this afternoon were waxing poetic about the entertaining state of the NHL. :spineyes: Lickspitles. :confused:

Kassian
10-26-2006, 10:22 PM
For me, the NHL is unwatchable. Unfortunately, the Dub is closing in on that status also.

I only watch the NHL when I'm extremely bored (which is sad looking back at all the times I made my own schedule revolve around the NHL schedule). Sometimes I do look forward to watching an NHL game because it certainly helps cure insomnia from time to time. :D

The two clowns on Vancouver sports radio this afternoon were waxing poetic about the entertaining state of the NHL. :spineyes: Lickspitles. :confused:

I can't even listen to that joke of a radio station. Even if I turn it on for five or ten minutes I end up shaking my head in disgust. How some of these guys get their jobs is beyond me. Must have blackmail pictures or something. I'd be calling in everyday ripping into them if I were an avid listener.

dondo
10-27-2006, 05:25 PM
yeah I don't know how the new NHL is so exciting to people so we have a few more goals, whoop dee doo, teams are still playing a trap and the action is end to end but without any passion, grit or heart - that's not hockey that's swedish elite league "hockey" *yawn*.

Its feels like patty-cake out there, but that's just what Bettman and his cohorts want -- no hitting, no fighting, no emotion.

At least the Dub still has some of that passion, but the hit ratio has gone down for sure and the refs who are calling good hits as charging need to have their heads screwed off and punted about the rink, cause that's not what its all about.

Kassian
10-28-2006, 01:46 AM
yeah I don't know how the new NHL is so exciting to people so we have a few more goals, whoop dee doo, teams are still playing a trap and the action is end to end but without any passion, grit or heart - that's not hockey that's swedish elite league "hockey" *yawn*.

Its feels like patty-cake out there, but that's just what Bettman and his cohorts want -- no hitting, no fighting, no emotion.

At least the Dub still has some of that passion, but the hit ratio has gone down for sure and the refs who are calling good hits as charging need to have their heads screwed off and punted about the rink, cause that's not what its all about.

Amen brother. Obviously you and I are on the same page. :clap: