PDA

View Full Version : the sad thing is that..............

shushu
10-26-2006, 12:10 AM
i dont like to trash the canes and im not trying to p!ss people off but the way things are going i can see down the road this team leaving our city and that would be a shame. everythings i had said in the past is just mirrrored in articles in the paper about ten years of failure ,the simple mood of the fans at the games and the low moral of the player that is evident on the ice as well as on their faces. it people like smilly that seem not to care about progress and the year after year of failure that come with it .the nonsence of trading players away for nothing that could benafit the team now and keep the fan base up plus add the spark needed to win. i read in the paper today that roy said '' well theres a differance in letting the team grow and hanging them out to dry'', at this point he cant be serious.............................

canes77
10-26-2006, 01:29 AM
i have to agree with you there...i know it would be brutal to all of us hockey fans if the team moved, but it has been the same sad story for a decade...even before the great '97 season when we won, i dont think the canes made it past the 2nd round in 8 of the 10 yrs before that (3 playoff drives in 20 yrs)...the attendance tonight was about 2000 which sadly is average for a weeknight in Lethbridge

loudi94
10-26-2006, 07:11 AM
Funny thing is, Roy talked at the beginning of the season that he wanted the team to make money. He couldn't have been so naive as to think that Lethbridge would support a losing team.
By no means do I think this team will ever move, but if they want to make the team profitable, the on-ice product needs to get away from that "next-year" philosophy. We've heard that too many times without results.

LHF
10-26-2006, 08:34 AM
I don't think the team will be moved either. But Stasiuk definitely needs to show that he can put a winning team together. But has he? So far we've got alot of young talent on our team. I too am tired of always looking to next year. But like I said before, there have been too many changes in the last 4 or 5 years. After our run to the mem cup in 97, it was all downhill. The firing of Maxi, the hiring of a coach that didn't know how to coach, and hiring a gm that didn't know anything about running a hockey team or how to put one together. How many different coaches...4-5??? Lost count... :spineyes: Hoffard was a good coach in that he got the most out of what he had, but ahhh...I won't go there... :( That said I think we should stay the course, and see what Stasiuk and Dyck can do with this young talent. Give them a chance, and a little more time. They haven't even been here one year. To make yet another change, with a new gm, new coach or both would just set us back again. IMO...

And to say I've been happy with the trades so far this year would be a lie. Can't help but wonder if Yellowhorn and Kaye might have made a difference for us right now. However that's in the past, and there isn't anything we can do about that. All that said, I don't think we could handle anymore changes. So unfortunately we will have to once again say...NEXT YEAR??? It's kind of looking that way...huh???

Please, lets not give up on our guys though. They really need our support, and we should give it to them. :thumb:

Go Canes Go

loudi94
10-26-2006, 09:25 AM
I don't blame the coaches so far except on one thing- why would they leave Leclerc in for 11 goals? Is there something going on? Even last night he should have gotten the hook after the third goal. Unless the backup was hurt I find it a pretty harsh scenario. Then they go out and get another goalie. Maybe Nielson11 can do so investigating??

LHF
10-26-2006, 10:26 AM
I thought for sure last night Leclerc would get pulled after the 3rd goal and for sure after the 4th. I don't understand why he wasn't, unless like you said there is something else going on. Seemed pretty crule to leave him in though.

Porkchop
10-26-2006, 11:09 AM
Coaches left the goalie in for all 11 goals, is that a good coaching move? No wonder everyone is questioning the coaching. With decent tending the canes would of beat Calgary, Toontown, PG, and Bandon. They would be 9 wins and 6 losses. The team looked better last year with a younger team. Many questions?

Nielson11
10-26-2006, 02:04 PM
Hey Boys,

Re:Leclerc in for 11 goals.

Talked briefly about it with Roy on Wednesday and the bottom line is the majority of the goals came in the 3rd period and it probably wouldn't have made much of a difference pulling Just with 5 to 10 minutes left in the game. Plus 7 of the goals were on the power-play.

I guess if anything a "Mercy" pull could have been done, but I don't think it's that big of deal.

It's almost like a wake up call for the rest of the team....Justin's our guy, now get the job done for him.

As for Huston...he wasn't hurt on Wednesday.....as Mike said in the post-game show....he's won the team alot of games in the past....so it would have been nice to see the guys come back and win one for him after that strange strange 3rd goal.

Nielson

tiger fan 4 life
10-26-2006, 03:07 PM
boy, a little deja vu happening down highway 3... We went through the same thing just five or six years ago where it seemed there was no end in sight. Horrible GM, a new coach a year or more, and no playoffs for several straight years. Then, ownership saw the light and figured it out that you need to spend money to make money, and got competent people to manage, scout and coach the team. I am thinking that Lethbridge may want to try what Medicine Hat did during their slump, and next year offer $199.00 season tickets to get some energy back in the building. They did that here, and due to some successful teams, hardly anyone has given up the tickets they bought and we are in our fourth year of straight sellouts in the now way too small arena. Keep your heads up, keep the faith as I would hate to lose one of our great longtime rivals.

smilly
10-26-2006, 03:50 PM
How is selling the team progress?I am just as disappointed in the play of the hurrricanes as you are but please remember they are a young team which will have high ups and lower downs. Yes it's hard to watch when it's always next year we'll have a great team. With the turmoil of the last 2 years how could it have gotten settled down to ,just play hockey. I for one would loved to have seen colton+ kaye for at least one more year but it wasn't to be! We will not know if it was a good trade for at least a few more years,you don't ever mention the trade that brought fadden,farmanara to leth? I think even you have to enjoy the sight of watching fadden control the puck along the boards, imoo it is amazing .We have to let this coach and gm have a little more time to show if they are doing the right thing, it would not do these players anymore good to fire these ones right now. :confused:

grainbear
10-26-2006, 04:38 PM
Put yourselves in the players skates. Talk to them, they are also frustrated but the good thing is that the work ethic is still there, it is going to happen the talent and coaching is here . Have a little faith, yes I stated that we would see a third goalie here. We now have that , the competion will heat up and all three are going to motivate each other. Yes , Leclerc did not play well so what ? It is one game he will once again stand on his head for this team. As far as the garbage talk about the team moving forget it , this is a community based team that is making money , not alot but some . Any idea how much it has cost this teams bottom line every time we flush the toilet and look for another coach or gm. Lets give our heads a shake , be rational and let the youngsters and coachs do their job.

Porkchop
10-26-2006, 04:50 PM
How do you know Lethbridge has the coaching in place? Why did they look better late last year than they do now? Shouldn't they gradually get better? And why is farmanara on the pp? He couldn't hit the side of a barn.

shushu
10-26-2006, 05:22 PM
How is selling the team progress?I am just as disappointed in the play of the hurrricanes as you are but please remember they are a young team which will have high ups and lower downs. Yes it's hard to watch when it's always next year we'll have a great team. With the turmoil of the last 2 years how could it have gotten settled down to ,just play hockey. I for one would loved to have seen colton+ kaye for at least one more year but it wasn't to be! We will not know if it was a good trade for at least a few more years,you don't ever mention the trade that brought fadden,farmanara to leth? I think even you have to enjoy the sight of watching fadden control the puck along the boards, imoo it is amazing .We have to let this coach and gm have a little more time to show if they are doing the right thing, it would not do these players anymore good to fire these ones right now. :confused:
i am the last person that wants this team gone, one comment out of frustration and you hang on to it like grim death... you are wright about fadden and yash i love watching both of these klids and it was a great trade but other move makes a person think that players are dealt out of sheer dislike , and IF im wright thats bad business. and to sit back and keep saying well next year , money wise, down the road there might not be a next year.....imo

canes77
10-26-2006, 11:22 PM
this is kind of off topic...but i think it is great to have Nielson post on this forum quite often...most of us who post are true fans and are smart hockey wise, but to have a source that is able to enter the dressing room and talk to the coaches/players/GM is even greater...thanks Nielson

Nielson11
10-27-2006, 12:12 AM
Funny thing is, I love reading this boards...and posting on WHL Fans and HF Boards all the time.

It's awesome to hear what the fans have to say....lots makes sense, some doesn't....but it's all opinions and thats what these boards are for.

And ofcourse a small plug.... www.hockeysfutureradio.com

And ofcourse the Canes broadcasts on B 93 !!!

LHF
10-27-2006, 10:45 AM
Hey Boys,
I think it's good to see you post on this board too Neilson11. Always look forward to seeing what you have to say, but let's not assume we are all boys. :D :wave:

Nielson11
10-27-2006, 12:56 PM
I think it's good to see you post on this board too Neilson11. Always look forward to seeing what you have to say, but let's not assume we are all boys. :D :wave:

Good call,

So what's the thoughts on Swift tonight.....outshot them 50-30 in Swift on Sept. 30th...can Moir steal another one, he's been great this season!!

loudi94
10-28-2006, 09:49 PM
Hey Boys,

Re:Leclerc in for 11 goals.

Talked briefly about it with Roy on Wednesday and the bottom line is the majority of the goals came in the 3rd period and it probably wouldn't have made much of a difference pulling Just with 5 to 10 minutes left in the game. Plus 7 of the goals were on the power-play.

I guess if anything a "Mercy" pull could have been done, but I don't think it's that big of deal.

It's almost like a wake up call for the rest of the team....Justin's our guy, now get the job done for him.

As for Huston...he wasn't hurt on Wednesday.....as Mike said in the post-game show....he's won the team alot of games in the past....so it would have been nice to see the guys come back and win one for him after that strange strange 3rd goal.

Nielson

I'm starting to piece together bits and pieces, but from what I'm gathering, the coaching/management hasn't been pleased with Leclerc's performance since game one but he's as close to untouchable as anyone. Even in the beginning when he was making the saves, the confidence wasn't there. Something's going on. 7 goals again tonight. Didn't see them or hear about them, but 7 goals is 7 goals.

Porkchop
10-28-2006, 10:09 PM
Coaching is huge at the junior hockey level, ask vancouver and everett. We got some talent, bring back Theoret and Ruff, the team looked better with these two behind the bench. On the bright side I thought Maniago played well and should be given #1 job.

shushu
10-28-2006, 10:16 PM
I'm starting to piece together bits and pieces, but from what I'm gathering, the coaching/management hasn't been pleased with Leclerc's performance since game one but he's as close to untouchable as anyone. Even in the beginning when he was making the saves, the confidence wasn't there. Something's going on. 7 goals again tonight. Didn't see them or hear about them, but 7 goals is 7 goals.

leclerc stood on his head it should have been 15 goal tonight...........

loudi94
10-29-2006, 01:03 AM
leclerc stood on his head it should have been 15 goal tonight...........

Sadly it's not how many you save, but how many you let in and when. Looking at the gamesheet, it looks like there was a couple of big penalty kills that could have turned the tide. 3 goals in 4 minutes. When are our goalies going to steal a game?
I don't want to seem like I'm picking on the keepers because our D in general is prone to breakdowns of epic proportions, but with a young team like this there needs to be a stabilizing force.

shushu
10-29-2006, 01:14 AM
Sadly it's not how many you save, but how many you let in and when. Looking at the gamesheet, it looks like there was a couple of big penalty kills that could have turned the tide. 3 goals in 4 minutes. When are our goalies going to steal a game?
I don't want to seem like I'm picking on the keepers because our D in general is prone to breakdowns of epic proportions, but with a young team like this there needs to be a stabilizing force.

look at speedy creek the reason is clear. i said it before and ill say it again. it 1 thing to have a young team and it another to have a young team with a young goalie............................