PDA

View Full Version : Customer Appreciation Day TODAY vs the Blades

The_Vulk
02-20-2005, 09:57 AM
Sunday, February 20th, 2005 is Customer Appreciation Day at the Dome for the Calgary Hitmen.

Tis a 2:30 PM start time.

Lets fill the dome, and cheer on the boys!

The_Vulk
02-20-2005, 07:28 PM
Well, with all the gifts being handed out, the Hitmen were also in the giving mood.

Giving the visiting Saskatoon Blades 2 pts.

They sure don't look like they are gearing up, nor do they look prepared, heading for the post-season.

ScottyWazz
02-20-2005, 09:12 PM
Sweet tap-dancing Christ on a bike....

This team is lacking something. It's not skill, because they all have enough of that. I think they lack a strong leader and voice on the ice. You go to the games and you hear the other team just yelling out there, goalies directing traffic, players actually communicating with one another. That's one thing the Hitmen aren't doing.

They need to take the next few days to just get some communication and some bonding going on. Something needs to be done if they want to last in the playoffs.

iginla12
02-21-2005, 12:05 AM
what was the score of the game???
i went to the whl website to see the scores of games today,n it didnt even have the scores.

Hitmen1
02-21-2005, 12:42 AM
3-2 blades won the game. Disappointing result once again for this team...at least Red Deer has been losing lately as well.

RunTheGoalie
02-21-2005, 03:03 PM
Is that necessaraly a good thing though?

I'd much rather face the Hurricanes than the Tigers in the first round, and at this point, finishing fourth is actually a better result than finishing third.

The_Vulk
02-21-2005, 06:32 PM
Right now, there are only 9 points separating 1st from 4th in the Central Division.

It is still up for grabs whom will place where in this division.

(Except for Swift Current, whom seems to be satisfied with being 5th.)

RunTheGoalie
02-21-2005, 11:17 PM
Well, given our schedule to finish the season, short of Red Deer massively imploding, I would feel confident penciling us in in 4th place.

Who knows? Maybe this team will fare better as an underdog in the playoffs than as a favorite in the regular season.