PDA

View Full Version : Grossman Released

bones
10-27-2006, 12:51 AM
Eli Grossman was released from the team, with Dudas and Vanduynhoven coming back tomorrow and Mihalik almost ready to play he ended up being the odd man out. Looks like he could end up in the BCHL either with Powell River, South Surrey or possible the Spruce Kings. Also of note, Drazenovic, Wishart and Setoguchi were named to the ADT Canada Russia challenge roster.

KBF
10-27-2006, 02:07 AM
That sucks, wwould be nice to see players who actually started off to a good year other than those 3.

Sput
10-27-2006, 08:51 AM
Well, I haven't found a news release on Eli getting released yet, but he's not on the line-up on the Cougars home page. It kind of surprises me that it was Grossman and not Patterson, but maybe Curtis brings a little more to the team, or there's some other intangible that kept him. Either way....its not too shocking to see a d-man go as we are sitting with 9 right now, and barring injuries again, thats way to many.

I know what you mean KBF, by should have been someone that started the year well getting picked for the Can/Russia Challenge. I thought Tyrell, or even Robertson would have been picked, but sooo much of hockey is based on reputation and what you've done, not how you're doing now. Oh well, I'm sure Dana will get his shot at this, and many other, teams in his time.

bones
10-28-2006, 12:33 AM
Looks like Grossman is being assigned to Pentiction now.

PGFlyfisher
10-28-2006, 10:40 AM
It' s confirmed. I didn' t think he was the worst Dman I' ve seen here, but it comes down to numbers, I guess.

Grossmann Sent To BCHL

PRINCE GEORGE, BC- The Prince George Cougars have announced that Eli Grossmann has been re-assigned to the Penticton V’s of the BCHL.

“ Eli will have an opportunity at more ice time, which will allow him to gain more confidence as he works to return to Prince George”, states Cougars GM, Dallas Thompson.

“I want to thank the Cougars for allowing me the opportunity to play for their organization. I plan to work hard and return to the Cougars”, states Grossmann