PDA

View Full Version : Pats named to Team WHL! Allright!

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-27-2006, 02:27 PM
WAY TO GO CURTIS HUNT! YOUR NUMBER ONE!

If I could go there, I would bring my huge GO Asst. Coach Curtis Hunt GO banner.

Now to check for the players....

Oh wait, I was wrong. No pat players on the all star team this year, though there are alot of WHL players, as expected. I guess we must be one of the top teams this year by fluke, no great players, but all the other teams just **** their pants and fail when they come here(except the hat, and hanzel)

Im surprised some of these guys made it over our guys. Not saying they arent good players, but I would have assumed our guys would have made it over the likes of some of these guys.

Lets see who is on the roster this year...

Team WHL Forwards:

Zack Boychuk, Airdrie, AB, Lethbridge Hurricanes
Codey Burki, Winnipeg, MB, Brandon Wheat Kings
Andrew Clark, Brandon, MB, Brandon Wheat Kings
Nick Drazenovic, Prince George, BC, Prince George Cougars
Brodie Dupont, St. Lazare, MB, Calgary Hitmen
Colton Gillies, Surrey, BC, Saskatoon Blades
Zach Hamill, Port Coquitlam, BC, Everett Silvertips
Darren Helm, St. Andrews, MB, Medicine Hat Tigers
Adam Hobson, Mission, BC, Spokane Chiefs
Riley Holzapfel, Regina, SK, Moose Jaw Warriors
Spencer Machacek, Lethbridge, AB, Vancouver Giants
Ben Maxwell, North Vancouver, BC, Kootenay Ice
Kenndal McArdle, Burnaby, BC, Moose Jaw Warriors
Ryan Russell, Caroline, AB, Kootenay Ice
Devin Setoguchi, Taber, AB, Prince George Cougars
Brandon Sutter, Red Deer, AB, Red Deer Rebels
J.D. Watt, Cremona, AB, Vancouver Giants
Ryan White, Brandon, MB, Calgary Hitmen

Team WHL Defence:

Karl Alzner, Burnaby, BC, Calgary Hitmen
Keaton Ellerby, Calgary, AB, Kamloops Blazers
Taylor Ellington, Victoria, BC, Everett Silvertips
Cody Franson, Sicamous, BC, Vancouver Giants
Scott Jackson, Salmon Arm, BC, Seattle Thunderbirds
Dustin Kohn, Edmonton, AB, Brandon Wheat Kings
Brendan Mikkelson, St. Albert, AB, Vancouver Giants
Kris Russell, Caroline, AB, Medicine Hat Tigers
Ty Wishart, Comox, BC, Prince George Cougars

Team WHL Goaltenders:

Leland Irving, Swan Hills, AB, Everett Silvertips
Carey Price, Williams Lake, BC, Tri-City Americans

*The bolded players are players from the WHL.

I read this over 3 times to check over the team, just in case I missed a pat, and I did, because none are on there! The goalies are no surprise, considering there are no 20 year olds allowed(which is strange in my opinion, considering they are apart of the dub too), but I would have expected Price to start over irving, unless it is in no order. Im also a little surprised there isnt an extra 3rd goalie on the roster though. There are 9 defenceman, 18 forwards, but only 2 tenders. A good (eastern) goalie for 3rd would have been Plante.

I think Pyett would have been a good bet to make the team this year, if anything, I think he could have been at least 2nd D pair(Behind Franson, and Russell). Even Ross or Schira would have been good additions too, though Im not sure about them this year.

Picture this for D-pairs..

Franson - Russell
Wishart - Pyett <---- LOOK A PAT!
Alzner - Kohn
Jackson - Mikkelson
Reinhart ( :laugh:COULDNT RESIST!:laugh: )

the 2 other guys were

- Keaton Ellerby( maybe he improved a bit from last year, but I distinctly remember him scoring on himself a game here. Probably a decent player, have not seen much of him, but not sure he is ready for all stars.)

- Taylor Ellington ( Come on, He hasnt scored a point offensively. When you cant put any points up, unless your mark fistric, your not ready for all stars.)

A pats forward this year probably arent ready for all stars yet, but if we had Kalus, he would have played in starting lineup, that is, if he was canadian. Another rule they need to change. If it is going to be team WHL, they should allow over agers, europeans in the league, and maybe pat players too.

But thats just my opinion.

Regardless, this is a good team, with great players. I would like to see them succeed too. I know it isnt that big of a deal to most people though, Im just a little bitter that they passed over the talent here.

(waiting to be flamed)

Shortys
10-27-2006, 02:37 PM
Who would of thought that they picked all the players for Team WHL from the WHL?? :D

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-27-2006, 02:43 PM
Who would of thought that they picked all the players for Team WHL from the WHL?? :D

was hoping someone would catch that one.. :laugh:

witness
10-27-2006, 02:56 PM
The players were not selected on performance, that is a given. There are a number of players on the list that have done next to nothing this year (or no where near what they are capable of).

This selections were made in the summer. These are the WHL players that they want to look at for the National Junior team.

Fight Guy
10-27-2006, 04:04 PM
These are the WHL players that they want to look at for the National Junior team.Exactly...and therefore, having European players and overagers on the team would not make sense.