PDA

View Full Version : Blades/Cougars

Sput
10-28-2006, 12:46 AM
All in all not a bad game. Not great, but not bad. Very few penalties tonight, and only one 'phantom' call for each team that I can really point out. I saw the Cats as playing tentative for the first and second, and really tried to turn things up in the third. I'd call this one a good confidance builder for Saturday against the Tips.

Mahalik looked as good as he had before, made a few good plays/passes and scored his first WHL goal (the second goal that I'm sure Holtby wants back). Dudas seemed OK, but sometimes looked almost lost. It has been almost a full year sinse he's played a true game, so no doubt he's a bit rusty. Vandynhuven was good, gave some decent pressure and tried to make the most of his ice time. The most impressive line all night was the Rai/Hunt/Deagle line. Those guys created all sorts of problems for the Blades trying to get out of their zone. Roberston and Walker were both scratched for tonight, team disipline I heard, and I hope they got the message and give a good showing tomorrow night.

Smith and Matsuoka did a good job reffing tonight. The linesmen blew a couple calls that could have been detrimental to the Cats, but they still pulled it off. The first was with staggard penalties, the Cougs going onto the PK, as the Blades penalty expired, Wishart looks at the clock and clears it down the ice. The linesmen call it icing, even though they were now on the PK. The second one was a blown offside. I think the lineman was the only one in the building that though it was offside. The Cougs bench and the fans had a lot to say about that one.

Full marks really for the shutout for Cyr. He didn't have a lot of shots to stop (16) and I don't think there were any rebounds he left out for the Blades. Holtby played well for the most part, but seemed to loose the puck a few times when there was a crowd infront of him.

No fights.....booooooo. Not even any rough stuff around the nets at any time.

Swando
10-28-2006, 01:54 AM
All in all not a bad game. Not great, but not bad. Very few penalties tonight, and only one 'phantom' call for each team that I can really point out. I saw the Cats as playing tentative for the first and second, and really tried to turn things up in the third. I'd call this one a good confidance builder for Saturday against the Tips.

Mahalik looked as good as he had before, made a few good plays/passes and scored his first WHL goal (the second goal that I'm sure Holtby wants back). Dudas seemed OK, but sometimes looked almost lost. It has been almost a full year sinse he's played a true game, so no doubt he's a bit rusty. Vandynhuven was good, gave some decent pressure and tried to make the most of his ice time. The most impressive line all night was the Rai/Hunt/Deagle line. Those guys created all sorts of problems for the Blades trying to get out of their zone. Roberston and Walker were both scratched for tonight, team disipline I heard, and I hope they got the message and give a good showing tomorrow night.

Smith and Matsuoka did a good job reffing tonight. The linesmen blew a couple calls that could have been detrimental to the Cats, but they still pulled it off. The first was with staggard penalties, the Cougs going onto the PK, as the Blades penalty expired, Wishart looks at the clock and clears it down the ice. The linesmen call it icing, even though they were now on the PK. The second one was a blown offside. I think the lineman was the only one in the building that though it was offside. The Cougs bench and the fans had a lot to say about that one.

Full marks really for the shutout for Cyr. He didn't have a lot of shots to stop (16) and I don't think there were any rebounds he left out for the Blades. Holtby played well for the most part, but seemed to loose the puck a few times when there was a crowd infront of him.

No fights.....booooooo. Not even any rough stuff around the nets at any time.

Robertson and Walker suspensions/ not dressed are a big thing. Maybe the team will build on this!