PDA

View Full Version : a question 4 anyone

shushu
10-28-2006, 10:08 PM
during the game tonight they talked to roy , he said " there no reason to bring in a 20 year old like pess all he would do is take away ice time from some 17 year old''. .....ok i give up this is a rebuilding year everyone thats been telling me this , YOU ARE WRIGHT. now that thats out of the way. dont you think thats a tad insane to talk like that when the team has hit rock bottom. for the players and the fans any added support could help.. does this not sound like the let sit back 5 years to discover that maxwell had no clue on how to build a succesful team... any opinions welcome.................... :wave:

Porkchop
10-28-2006, 10:21 PM
Heres a question. If you have the chance to upgrade the 20 year olds wouldn't you do it? Ship Werenka for Pess, if seattle would bite on it. A player like pess (lots of heart and desire) to replace a one way player.

shushu
10-28-2006, 10:24 PM
Heres a question. If you have the chance to upgrade the 20 year olds wouldn't you do it? Ship Werenka for Pess, if seattle would bite on it. A player like pess (lots of heart and desire) to replace a one way player.

ithought about that the minute roy said the only problen with pess was that seattle wanted a 20 in return, in my opinion pess is twice the player werenka is...........

Rattlesnake
10-28-2006, 10:37 PM
What's to understand?

Pess has already walked out on one team. You want him to do it to yours too.

Sheesh.

loudi94
10-29-2006, 01:15 AM
during the game tonight they talked to roy , he said " there no reason to bring in a 20 year old like pess all he would do is take away ice time from some 17 year old''. .....ok i give up this is a rebuilding year everyone thats been telling me this , YOU ARE WRIGHT. now that thats out of the way. dont you think thats a tad insane to talk like that when the team has hit rock bottom. for the players and the fans any added support could help.. does this not sound like the let sit back 5 years to dicover that maxwell had no clue on how to build a succesful team... any opinions welcome.................... :wave:

Like I said earlier if one of Roy's goals is to make $$$, then he's going about it backasswards. Attendance is starting to dwindle and will keep on decreasing with each loss. They're already 500 less a game since the skid started. I'm thinking if the Canes miss the playoffs, I'll be haggling with the front office on the price of my season tickets for next year. I'm sure there will be plenty of selection. A lot of the approx. 2800 season tickets from this year won't be renewed if the team misses the post season.
Biggest worry is what if a few of the players pegged for next year's run decide to ask for a trade or sit out? It's not like it hasn't happened before. This building with youth is a noble idea, but is frought with peril. Who knows, maybe they'll turn it around and rattle off 10 in a row. The fans will come back and we'll all sing their praises again.

shushu
10-29-2006, 01:29 AM
Like I said earlier if one of Roy's goals is to make $$$, then he's going about it backasswards. Attendance is starting to dwindle and will keep on decreasing with each loss. They're already 500 less a game since the skid started. I'm thinking if the Canes miss the playoffs, I'll be haggling with the front office on the price of my season tickets for next year. I'm sure there will be plenty of selection. A lot of the approx. 2800 season tickets from this year won't be renewed if the team misses the post season.
Biggest worry is what if a few of the players pegged for next year's run decide to ask for a trade or sit out? It's not like it hasn't happened before. This building with youth is a noble idea, but is frought with peril. Who knows, maybe they'll turn it around and rattle off 10 in a row. The fans will come back and we'll all sing their praises again.
there something wrong here and it starts at the top, old roy and mcnaughton seen to be very happy with this ***** .

loudi94
10-29-2006, 08:57 AM
there something wrong here and it starts at the top, old roy and mcnaughton seen to be very happy with this ***** .
Hopefully what they're projecting publicly is only a matter of holding their cards close to the vest and they're really working on something. There's no need for 2 #1 picks at this point in the Canes development. Wait any longer to do something and the high pick will be Lethbridge's.

LHCman
10-29-2006, 01:14 PM
ithought about that the minute roy said the only problen with pess was that seattle wanted a 20 in return, in my opinion pess is twice the player werenka is...........

Good thing your opinion doesnt matter. Have you seen him play??? Hes 5th in team scoring with 3-4 games less then all the other top scorers. He is a excellent set up guy and if mabe if the coache used him more, instead of (No pass) Fadden they would win more games. As for Pess who says he would do anything for us. We had are chance to carry 3 20 year olds, we didn't take it. Mabe the coach should work with what we have instead of switching the lines every shift. I think the only change we need is the Coach to wake up and stop coaching like their playing Midget Hockey.

CatFan
10-29-2006, 02:13 PM
as as been said before boy have we been there!! After watching the Canes play last night my main thought was do they ever need some decent coaching. They don't seem to play with any systems in place, and are basically all over the ice, plus too much individual play and not enough as a team. This is due to coaching pure and simple. The effort is there, even when they were down by 5 goals, but you need some guidance. Pess and Yellowhorn would have provided some of this for sure. Stupid trades in my mind. I also agree that it is pretty tough to have such a young goaltender in net every night with a growing pains team. Either he will become stronger because of it, or his confidence wil be shot. I hope it is the former. We all feel very badly for the Hurricanes and their fans (believe it or not) and I hope the right coaching combo will come along and do for you what Willie and Shaun have done for the Tigers. Keep your heads up fans and don't give up on your guys!!

hockey4
10-29-2006, 02:32 PM
i would hope lethbridge would do something with one of there first round picks next year. Chances are neither kid will ever play with fadden, boychuk or leclerc, they will be in the next round of prospects. So really, by keeping a hold on those means your almost giving up on the current generation of young kids.